AZ AG Horne says criminal probe under way into Warren Jeffs polygamous sect

Lois Lane

Reaction score
Attorney General Tom Horne held a news conference in Phoenix to announce that a 26-year-old woman had been granted temporary custody of her six children and had fled the town of Colorado City, Ariz., the home base of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

He said she was forced by Jeffs to marry her brother-in-law at the age of 14, and had since been virtually held captive in the town on the Utah-Arizona border, along with many other women who want to leave.

Much more at the links:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ad39e2-64fd-11e2-889b-f23c246aa446_story.html

So glad that Warren Jeffs is in jail and that people are escaping the grasp of his legacy. I have read quite a few books by people who have escaped the darker side of the LDS "church".
There are many "lost boys" who were thrown out of the sects because their presence was unwanted, as they would be competition to the older men who wanted to keep acquiring wives. Thankfully there are networks and people out there to help these people escape and build a new life.

So glad that Warren Jeffs is in jail and that people are escaping the grasp of his legacy. I have read quite a few books by people who have escaped the darker side of the LDS "church".
There are many "lost boys" who were thrown out of the sects because their presence was unwanted, as they would be competition to the older men who wanted to keep acquiring wives. Thankfully there are networks and people out there to help these people escape and build a new life.

As a point of clarification, Warren Jeffs is not LDS - he is known as FLDS (fundamentalist LDS). There is a VERY distinct difference between the two religions. LDS are known as "Mormons" and we do not practice polygamy. The FLDS was started by people who left the LDS church and began their own religion.

As a point of clarification, Warren Jeffs is not LDS - he is known as FLDS (fundamentalist LDS). There is a VERY distinct difference between the two religions. LDS are known as "Mormons" and we do not practice polygamy. The FLDS was started by people who left the LDS church and began their own religion.

Thanks for correcting that. I knew better but my sleep deprived brain failed to make that distinction.

This is Ruby Jessop! I have been following her case for years. She's the sister of the outspoken and tough critic of the FLDS, Flora Jessop. She has been fighting to save her little sister for over a decade. Ruby was forcefully wed at age 14. There are numerous websites devoted to Ruby.

I can't wait to hear the details of how she escaped and how she eventually got her kids.

In this article, Flora states that her kids are thrilled to be off the strict "all bean" diet that Warren Jeffs has imposed from prison: http://news.yahoo.com/former-child-...-children-160347134--abc-news-topstories.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back