772 users online (95 members and 677 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Charges filed after OKC couple battle over possession of cat

Ex-boyfriend arrested after fight for cat (Daily Oklahoman)
    A man was jailed Wednesday on complaints of domestic abuse and sexual assault after he fought with his ex-girlfriend for possession of her cat.

Oklahoma City police arrested Dustin Patrick Coyle, 34, about 6:45 p.m. at his house at 512 NW 167 after the woman reported he assaulted her when she went to pick up her cat.

The ex-girlfriend told police she had been trying to get her cat back from Coyle ever since the couple broke up in December. She told police Coyle told her she could have the cat back if she dated him again, performed sexual favors or married him.

The woman ignored all of Coyle's requests and he eventually told her she could pick up her cat, according to the police report. When she retrieved the cat Wednesday, Coyle followed her out of the house, shoved her and grabbed the cat by the neck, the report states.
    ---
    “If she would just marry me, that would solve everything,” Coyle said, according to the police report. He told police he would settle for her being his girlfriend again or a one-night stand.
    ---
    more on the battle at link above

That guy is just plain crazy besides being abusive. The woman needs to run for her life and I hope the guy is kept in jail for awhile.

Yep, agree.

I call BS on the headline.** No one possesses a cat. Rather, one pays handsomely for their time.

s

** EDIT: Unnecessarily harsh on my part -- my apologies wf...
    Last edited by scapa; 01-25-2013 at 12:26 AM.

I should have gone with "privilege to feed cat and provide it with shelter." But the severity of the crime itself dissuaded me.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I should have gone with "privilege to feed cat and provide it with shelter."
    Indeed. And a constant heat source, selection of fine bottled waters, premium health care, exercise/entertainment in the form of a locally-sourced bird and rodent population (three seasons) and rotating selection of laps, duvets, rag rugs and leather goods. The ad writes itself.

And you're right about the nastiness of the crime -- brutal and clueless all at once. She's lucky to have gotten away I reckon.

best,

s

That guy is off his rocker! Wow! I wonder how long she dated him. He sounds like a class act.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I