PA - Woman who held up dollar store using "gun finger" pleads guilty to felony count

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman says she 'snapped' during stickup with her finger (mcall.com)
Desperate due to a lost job, a 52-year-old woman with no criminal record held up a Walnutport Dollar General store — with her finger.

"This is a stickup, give me all the money," Laura L. Pastor of Palmerton told the clerk, after placing her finger into her jacket pocket to make it look like she was armed. "I'm not kidding, give me all the money or someone is going to get hurt."

"It sounds like a Woody Allen movie," Northampton County President Judge F.P. Kimberly McFadden quipped Thursday.

"I just snapped," Pastor said. "I was under a lot of pressure. This is not my style." Pastor got away with $148 after the Sept. 25 holdup.
---
McFadden will decide Pastor's punishment on March 8, and ordered her to undergo a psychological examination beforehand.

"I don't think that would be a bad idea," Goodrich agreed.
the rest at link above

I hope she escapes with a very short sentence - along with strict parole, ample community service, ankle monitor if need be, a fine she could re-pay over time, anything other than a long custodial stint. Because she certainly does not sound like Ma Barker to me. I think the psychological exam will point that way too.

If she thought it was hard getting a job, she should try to get a job with a record.

I hope she escapes with a very short sentence - along with strict parole, ample community service, ankle monitor if need be, a fine she could re-pay over time, anything other than a long custodial stint. Because she certainly does not sound like Ma Barker to me. I think the psychological exam will point that way too.

She might be better if they lock her up. How is she going to find any employment now?

She might be better if they lock her up. How is she going to find any employment now?
Some people have soft hearts. This wasn't the crime of the century by any means. Not that she'll be put in charge of the money, of course, but other things need doing. And who's to look after her elderly mother if she's sent away for any length of time? That factor was one that caused her to snap in the first place, I think. As the judge compared it to a Woody Allen movie, I'm thinking he won't be throwing a stiff sentence her way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back