957 users online (244 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Officer comes to animal's rescue again

A Fort Myers police officer is getting a reputation, for coming to the rescue of some two and four-legged creatures.

Just a few weeks ago, Officer Glenn Eppler was on patrol in the Forum community, when he spotted a turtle trying to get across the road. The dash cam in his vehicle captured video of the officer stopping, picking up the turtle and moving him out of the road to safety............

The rescues have inspired a few jokes. Shelly Flynn, public information officer for the Fort Myers Police Department, says more than 160,000 thousand people around the world watched video posted on YouTube of Eppler's 2011 duck rescue.

His compassion inspired her to write this poem:

"Officer Catches Cold Blooded Creature"................

"I would stop to help an alligator out, I'll tell you the truth," Eppler says, "I'm not above that, so anything that needs my help, I'll stop and help out then."

More at link with video....what a smile he has!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Upstate NY
    Public money is never better-spent than when it pays for the salary of a good cop.

Nothing to see here, move along...
    Reader, I agree- what a great smile. But what a magnificent heart. That is the sort of officer I want protecting me...and I'm glad that he's protecting the people in FL...and protecting the turtles, ducks and, if needed, alligators.

Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.