783 users online (111 members and 672 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thieves Steal Built-In Swimming Pool

OSLO, Norway - A Norwegian family's swimming pool wasn't just bolted down, it was in the ground, but that was impediment to a band of determined thieves.

When the Nicolaysen family visited their mountain cabin over the weekend, they discovered a big hole in the yard in place of the swimming pool that had been installed 20 years ago.

"This can't be, we thought," Arild Nicolaysen told state radio network NRK on Monday. "We didn't think it was possible. No one can steal a swimming pool."

Evidently, someone did.

At some point between early November, when the family closed up the cabin for the winter, and the weekend, their pool, 16 feet in diameter, and all its equipment was uprooted and stolen. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._swimming_pool

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    How do you steal an inground pool?

They did it swimmingly.
    Argh!!
    I know, I know.
    So corny, shuck another one.
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 02-21-2005 at 11:06 PM. Reason: LOL

I have had 2 car stereos stolen (one an 8 track, lol) and both times I sat there and looked at where it should have been, because it didn't compute that it wasn't there. How long would I have sat and looked at a missing pool before it computed?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger
    They did it swimmingly.
    Argh!!
    I know, I know.
    So corny, shuck another one.