CA CA - Marta Michel, 49, South Los Angeles, 19 Jan 2013

Her husband and daughter said on the news that Marta had been working at a restaurant one day a week for a year. The restaurant says no she didnt. She most likely was doing something else for money or did she never bring money home? No money wouldnt make sense if she was working, her husband didnt wonder? The restaurant manager or owner said she would go in once a week and the night she went missing she drank a few beers and left. Two hours later she saw Marta standing on the corner. Strange.

No one cares about this case. I have looked on the news sites that first covered it and no updates. So she returned home or family stopped caring?

Welcome to WebSleuths LA!! I too am looking for updated information.

:greetings:

http://www.lapdblog.org/

January 25, 2013

49-year-old Woman Missing for More Than Six Days

Los Angeles: The family of Marta Michel and the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) requests the public’s help to locate her.

Ms. Marta Michel, was last seen on Saturday, January 19, 2013, around 5:00 pm, at her residence in the 2800 block of Maple Street, Los Angeles. Ms. Michel is described as a 49-year-old female Hispanic with black hair and dark brown eyes. She stands 4’11”tall and weighs about 160 pounds. She was last seen wearing a gray and white horizontal striped skirt and a gray blouse.

If you have seen, or have any information regarding the whereabouts of Marta Michel, please contact Detective Lydia Saiza, LAPD Missing Persons Unit at (213) 996-1800. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800)-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters “LAPD.” Tipsters may also go to www.LAPDOnline.org, click on “webtips” and follow the prompts.

My mom says that she may have seen an update on television in spanish that the f
amily was offering a 5000 reward if somebody has information on her whereabouts.the family belies she may be may be held captive.i have not found any published updates

Im on another person's thread right now so Im checking back to this one. I still have never heard a thing and I live 25 minutes from this area. Hopefully she returned back home and it was some domestic issue.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/michel_marta.html

michel_marta.jpg
michel_marta2.jpg
michel_marta3.jpg
michel_marta4.jpg
michel_marta5.jpg

Just found this case looking for a different Michel, wondering if Marta is still missing, and if she has ever been known to dye her hair blonde?

Bumping...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20244/1238

"
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Marta
Middle name Alicia
Last name Michel
Nickname/Alias Sonia Michel - Sonia Escobar
Date last seen January 19, 2013 00:00
Date entered 05/10/2013
Age last seen 49 to 49 years old
Age now 50 years old
Race Other
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height (inches) 59.0 to 60.0
Weight (pounds) 160.0"

Marta Michel
Marta-Michel-88170_0.jpg

MISSING SINCE: 01/19/2013
SEX: Female
DOB: 09/10/1963
RACE: Hispanic
HEIGHT: 4' 11"
EYES: Brown
WEIGHT: 160 lbs.
HAIR: Black
CLOTHING: Possibly wearing gray blouse and white/gray skirt
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOO: Mole on right hand, left ear lobe split, walks with a limp.
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE: Yes

Marta was last seen on January 19, 2013.

Contact
AGENCY: Los Angeles Police Department
PHONE NUMBER: (213) 996-1800
CASE NUMBER: 131305098

Hi! I’m David, Marta’s youngest, and I have just discovered this website/forum/thread/whatever this is. It’s about to be 9 long years since I’ve last seen my mom (I am now a sophomore in college) and there has still been no updates on her whereabouts. I had no idea this page existed and I’m not sure if anyone still goes on here but I just decided to post on here to show that people still care about her… Te extraño, Má.

Marta Alicia Michel – The Charley Project
Marta Alicia Michel

• marta_alicia_michel_1.jpg
  • marta_alicia_michel_2.jpg
  • marta_alicia_michel_3.jpg
  • marta_alicia_michel_4.jpg
  • marta_alicia_michel_5.jpg
Michel, circa 2013
  • Missing Since01/19/2013
  • Missing FromLos Angeles, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceHispanic
  • Date of Birth09/10/1963 (58)
  • Age49 years old
  • Height and Weight4'11, 160 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionPossibly a gray and white horizontally striped skirt and a gray blouse.
  • Medical ConditionsMichel has diabetes and high blood pressure, and needs medication which she doesn't have with her.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Michel has a swollen knee and walks with a limp. She is of Salvadorian descent. She may use the alias names Sonia Escobar and/or Sonia Michel. Her left earlobe is split and she has a raised dark-colored mole on her left hand.
''Details of Disappearance
Michel was last seen at a bus stop in the 2800 block of Maple Street in Los Angeles, California on January 19, 2013. She left the Casa India Restaurant on 4th and Broadway at 10:00 p.m. and was last seen waiting for a bus, alone, about two hours later. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

Michel's family was under the impression that she worked part-time at the Casa India Restaurant. It wasn't until after she went missing that they learned she was only a customer at the restaurant and had never worked there.

Michel wasn't carrying identification at the time of her disappearance, and she didn't own a cellular phone. She is devoted to her family and it's completely uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her family believes foul play could be a factor in her disappearance. Little information is available in her case''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back