MS MS - Dennis Nathan Mann, 19, Winona, 26 January 1979

Richard

Reaction score
Dennis Nathan Mann, 19, Missing since January 26, 1979 from Winona, MS

Dennis Nathan Mann
Missing since January 26, 1979 from Winona, Montgomery County, Mississippi.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 25, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10 1/2; 165 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Mann had a mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Marks, Scars: He has a scar on the right side of his abdomen.
Clothing: "Levi" Jeans; a blue plaid shirt; denim jacket; and yellowish-tan cowboy boots.
DNA: Available
Other: Skull x-rays are available from a previous motorcycle accident.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mann was last seen at a friend's home in Mississippi on January 26, 1979. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Mann's whereabouts, please contact:

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Detective David Johnson
662-283-4612

You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: M83-26

NCIC Number: M-174678377

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Namus
The Doe Network: Case File 77DMMS

LINK:

1970's Missing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you look through the images on this UID, there's a very clear tat of the name "Dennis" on the left forearm and the letters D and N on the left calf (for "Dennis Nathan," perhaps?). UP #6106 was 35 to 45 years old when he died in 1999 -- 20 years after 19-year-old Dennis Mann disappeared -- and he was 70" tall and 170 pounds with brown hair and a mustache. No facial image available, unfortunately.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6106?page=reports

He's the right age, the right height, and has the right hair and the right name. Could this UID be Dennis Mann?

Other information:
Dennis Mann was not from Winona, MS. He was in town working on a construction job. It may have been Walmart, but not sure of that. He was from a northern state but I can't find that information. I want to say it was possibly Michigan, but not sure. Back in the 80's his parents names were listed in connection to the case available on the internet along with a phone number for them. I can't find any of that old information. I believe he was staying in a then apartment house, an old historic hotel turned apartment house, called the Wisteria Inn.

At some point, it was printed in the Winona Times that anon calls were received by a female claiming she and a male witnessed someone throwing a body off a creek bridge near the time he disappeared. After searches the body was never found.

Many years later a skull was discovered on someone's mantle and traced to having been removed from a creek. The skull was first sent to Jackson for carbon dating and an examiner indicated that it WAS Mann's skull. For some reason there was a discrepancy (maybe other cases by this particular examiner being found grossly wrong) and the skull was carbon dated a second time and found to be from an apparent Native American prior to white settlement, nor did the skull match Mann's injuries from a motorcycle accident.

The connection between the pouring of the Walmart concrete and Mann's disappearance have long been an unprinted hypothesis because this is the one place that could never be searched and dates coincided closely. (How closely?)

The case was briefly reopened by Sheriff Bubba Nix in 2009 but nothing known since.

This is from my memory and not guaranteed flawless by any means, but if anyone can find the evidence to substantiate this information as fact that would be awesome so that the information is not LOST. In cases this old, I believe it's important that details are not lost just because time passes. (Thus my need to contribute these details as best as am able.)

Articles may be available through the Winona Times.

"Mann was last seen at a friend's home in Mississippi on January 26, 1979. Foul play is suspected."

Also I am nearly certain that articles read he left the friend's house, walking "across a field" at night, heading back to his apartment.

I think you should submit it, he could've been beaten badly survived it with brain damage and became homeless not knowing who he was..... Just an idea of what could have happened.

Dennis Nathan Mann

Original

Details of Disappearance

Mann was last seen at a friend's home in the Foltz Road area near Highway 51 in Winona, Mississippi on January 26, 1979. He never returned to his own residence and has not been heard from again. Mann is originally from Tennessee and had moved to Winona to work a construction job. Foul play is suspected in his case.

Dennis Nathan Mann – The Charley Project

Other profiles:
Missing Person Case
The Doe Network: Case File 77DMMS
Dennis Nathan Mann - Mississippi Missing Person Directory

Check the comments - Mississippi Missing and Unidentified

I have no idea how he'd end up here and the facial approximation is off, but the vitals match and the clothing matches.
1625UMBC

The Doe Network's case profile for Dennis will be updated with more information very soon. I am working on researching it and adding as much information about the case as I can. Newspapers.com has a lot of articles about the case.

Just wanted you to know that his case has not been forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back