Identified! OH - Highland Co., WhtFem UP6614, 30-60, surgical repair to femur, Jan'80 - n/a

kpdx

RIP Precious Lisa Roberts
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6614

Case Report - NamUs UP # 6614

Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 64, Estimated

Notes on body parts recovered

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

State Ohio

County Highland
Circumstances of death
The body is said to be "markedly decomposed and extensively skeletonized"; however, the most recent of four coins associated with the remains was dated 1978 (so the individual must have been alive in 1978).

Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair "A few straight dark hairs are present... at the nape of the neck." Brown is an assumption, however black cannot be ruled out.

Medical
Medical implants Left leg: "The femur is deformed by a healed fracture which is crossed by a white metallic plate held in place by screws. An overgrowth of bone partially covers the edges of the plate." (This would suggest surgery, followed by healing of the bone.)

Skeletal findings Healed fracture of the right humerus which was said to be "deformed... with some overriding of the two ends and shortening of the bone." Healed fracture of the left femur which "required open reduction and the insertion of a plate."

Clothing on body Clothing was somewhat decomposed, but described as follows: A coarsely woven one-piece dress that zipped up the back and was made of blue and white threads. Over this, some thin fabric (of indeterminable color) appeared to represent part of a shirt. A padded jacket consisted of a finely woven outer material in brown or tan that was lined in dark blue. There was a bra, but no panties are noted. On the feet were wool-type socks with horizontal stripes that included narrow bands of red and green and other colors that could not be distinguished. Among the skeletal elements were found three "dome-shaped, grooved, purple plastic buttons." There were four dimes (coins) with the body, the most recent dated 1978.

Jewelry "A badly tarnished white metal bracelet... appears to be either a white metal or metal with a faint yellow tinge." The bracelet is described as having a clasp.

Other features (describe in dental comments)
Comments "The mandible is absent. The upper jaw is edentulous. The alveolar ridge is well healed from the previous extractions, except in the midline anteriorly

No rule outs listed, but here are some possibles:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html In a newspaper article, its said Nellie's plate is in her right femur. Also no notations of missing teeth, dentures, so not a super likely match but still medical is enough to give it a look.

I immediately thought of Nellie too....The motorcycle accident that Nellie was in occurred in Niles, Ohio, only about an hour from where this UID was found....so perhaps she was back in Niles. But I tend to think, with no upper teeth that this is not Nellie.

I did not see where these remains were found in Highland County, Ohio. However, if I may and in all respect, Highland County, is some 50 miles east of Cincinnati. As such, Niles, Ohio (in Trumbull County) is slightly over 200 miles from Highland County so driving time would be at least three hours if not longer.

Just a few thoughts as this UID case reminded me of Nellie, too. Did anyone submit it, just in case? I ask for two reasons:
1. Perhaps maybe it was the left leg and the newspaper got it wrong? I read somewhere the family couldn't find the medical records associated with her accident to prove she even had a plate.
2. Is it possible that she did have false teeth and it was just a detail that was overlooked? That mc accident sounded pretty serious.
Are there any other details about how this body was found? Like, on the side of the road, in a body of water, buried in the woods? I've been checking around for more details and clues but not having any luck.

There is a possible article about these remains being found in the 01/20/1980 edition of the Cincinatti Enquirer if anyone has a subscription to it.

I was looking at this case again. I looked at the pictures in NamUs and reread the captions. It reads to me that they're either not sure if it's the correct femur for this case or a left femur, I guess it's how you read it. A far as the skull, it sounds like they're guessing it even belongs with the rest of the bones.
Femur caption: Although image was not marked, this is assumed to be the left femur showing the surgical plate mentioned in autopsy record.
Skull caption: Image of skull, marked as OC-6, but believed to be from this case (see activities log).

Cynthia Woolard http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3036dffl.html

"Left leg is 3/4 inch shorter than the right as a result of a car accident. She wore a special shoe with a lift in it to even her legs out. Had a steel rod in her left femur from a car accident. Scar on left arm from fracture in a car accident. Pelvis was broken in same accident."

She disappeared in Feb. 1979 and her height is in range. No mention of missing teeth, and it sounds like she probably died in Florida. I don't know whether that plate might be called a rod; probably not.

I am getting a permission error on NamUs .. possibly identified??

Looks like. Cynthia Woolard and Nellie Flickinger are both still visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am getting a permission error on NamUs .. possibly identified??
I am, too. I wasn't able to find any recent updates for missing remains being identified in OH, but my search skills aren't the greatest.

Keeping my fingers crossed this means a positive id!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed! I'll be watching for it on Google News!

Is Highland County anywhere near where that guy Grate who kidnapped the girl recently and then he confessed to other killings? Is this case too old to be part of that?

According to google maps they're about 157 miles or so apart but Grate is only 40 years old so he would have only been 4 years old in 1980, so I'm thinking it's not him :)
He came to mind right away, too.
Christine Thornton is still listed in NamUs even thought she was just ID'd and the UP case taken down.

According to google maps they're about 157 miles or so apart but Grate is only 40 years old so he would have only been 4 years old in 1980, so I'm thinking it's not him :)
He came to mind right away, too.
Christine Thornton is still listed in NamUs even thought she was just ID'd and the UP case taken down.

Thanks, I hadn't seen an age for him. Some serial killers start young but I think that's probably a little too young :D

Thanks, I hadn't seen an age for him. Some serial killers start young but I think that's probably a little too young :D

I hadn't seen an age, either, so I tracked it down.

What did you put in for the alert? I created one but wasn't sure if it would flag any results.

Is there anyone who can help me refine the alert parameters?
I just got one from the Highland County Press in OH about Celebrating National Hunting and Fishing Day.
When I first saw the alert, it got my hopes up, LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back