Australia - Brisbane's big wet

We had an emergency flood warning last night (I'm not in Qld though). We need a break with this weather. Why can't the rain just go to the bushfire zones?

In the past few weeks we've had bushfires, hail storms, gales, tornadoes, cyclones and now flooding (not all of them were in my area). It's crazy.

We had an emergency flood warning last night (I'm not in Qld though). We need a break with this weather. Why can't the rain just go to the bushfire zones?

In the past few weeks we've had bushfires, hail storms, gales, tornadoes, cyclones and now flooding (not all of them were in my area). It's crazy.

It's basically been the same in the States. Drought conditions all over, brushfires in Texas and one of the biggest, wettest storms ever to hit New York and New Jersey.

Be careful all our friends down under.

Thanks very wet at my house. They yard and garage are flooding. Lights are flickering on and off plus things are floating down the street.

Thanks very wet at my house. They yard and garage are flooding. Lights are flickering on and off plus things are floating down the street.

Oh dear. Why haven't they told residents to evacuate? Please be careful.

Oh dear. Why haven't they told residents to evacuate? Please be careful.

I'm on a hill so water is running down. Our house is on poles so about 10 feet off the ground so we should be ok.

I survived all the Christchurch Earthquakes so I'm very prepared.

We are getting the wind now and just heard someone's rubbish bin go down the road.

Well the torrential rain backed off a few hours ago but the wind is constantly gusting. Not game to venture a peek out back as no doubt we've lost a few large trees. Very lucky compared to some poor folks in other areas of Brisbane & north coast. The worst of the flooding isn't expected until later tomorrow & Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back