Chicago's deadliest day ever 7 killed 6 wounded

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/trace/trace.shtml

"A new report by Mayors Against Illegal Guns reveals a strong connection between weak gun laws and interstate gun trafficking. The report, which examines comprehensive crime gun trace data provided by ATF to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, finds that the states with the weakest gun laws are the top suppliers of the guns recovered in out-of-state crimes and are also the source of a greater proportion of likely trafficked guns."

Guess where Illinois gets most of its illegal guns: Mississippi - becasue of its weak gun laws. Since the MS legislature values life so very much, tell them to prove it.

Trace the Guns

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/trace_the_guns_report.pdf

7 murders ties with the famous St. Valentines day massacre.

Also from the above link.

Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008. Chicago's homicide rate was almost double in the early 1990s, averaging around 900.

That couldn't happen. Guns were outlawed in Chicago. I'm sure all the law abiding thugs disarmed.

From the prior link provided by wishyouwerehere:

"The report, which examines comprehensive crime gun trace data provided by ATF to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, finds that the states with the weakest gun laws are the top suppliers of the guns recovered in out-of-state crimes and are also the source of a greater proportion of likely trafficked guns."

Guess where Illinois gets most of its illegal guns: Mississippi - becasue of its weak gun laws.

and from Cubby:

Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008. Chicago's homicide rate was almost double in the early 1990s, averaging around 900.

My conclusion is that most of the guns are coming from states with weak gun laws, and that Chicago has about half the murders overall from the past due to their new laws....

Apparently gun laws don't seem to apply to some people.... Go figure!

From the prior link provided by wishyouwerehere:

"The report, which examines comprehensive crime gun trace data provided by ATF to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, finds that the states with the weakest gun laws are the top suppliers of the guns recovered in out-of-state crimes and are also the source of a greater proportion of likely trafficked guns."

Guess where Illinois gets most of its illegal guns: Mississippi - becasue of its weak gun laws.

and from Cubby:

My conclusion is that most of the guns are coming from states with weak gun laws, and that Chicago has about half the murders overall from the past due to their new laws....

But Chicago has the tougher gun laws. Thanks. Outlawing guns doesn't work, if it did Chicago would be gun free. Outlawing guns insures that guns will be imported from other countries. Gun laws won't disarm the lawless. What does it matter where the guns come from when the laws are ignored? We have the right to defend ourselves.

Attachments

• gun-control-just-battaile-politics-1358028178_zps29176116.jpg
    gun-control-just-battaile-politics-1358028178_zps29176116.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 4
But Chicago has the tougher gun laws. Thanks. Outlawing guns doesn't work, if it did Chicago would be gun free. Outlawing guns insures that guns will be imported from other countries. Gun laws won't disarm the lawless. What does it matter where the guns come from when the laws are ignored? We have the right to defend ourselves.

Miss. is another country now? Not getting into a gun law debate but the post/article I referred to above says the problem is with states with weak gun laws which permit them to be sold easily without records, not with the states with stricter laws.

I do agree anybody has the right to defend themselves.

Miss. is another country now? Not getting into a gun law debate but the post/article I referred to above says the problem is with states with weak gun laws which permit them to be sold easily without records, not with the states with stricter laws.

I do agree anybody has the right to defend themselves.

Quote where I claimed Miss. was a country, do a cut and paste. Did I even mention Mississippi? Chicago has laws against guns regardless of where they come from and that's the point. Your blaming the guns in Chicago because they come from states with weak gun laws :floorlaugh: At least that's your theory. We can't keep drugs out of our prisons with their high walls, barbed wire fences and armed guards, and you think a gun ban will keep the thugs from possessing guns? :giggle: Out law guns in the entire U.S and they will be imported from other countries or made here like moonshine. It's not rocket surgery.

Guess where Illinois gets most of its illegal guns: Mississippi - becasue of its weak gun laws.[/B]

Pretty sure quite a few have come from Georgia too. Georgians are quite happy with our state gun laws, if IL doesn't like OUR LAWS then perhaps IL should start locking up their thugs and not turning them loose again and again.

These shooters are virtually NEVER first time offenders! If the state coddles criminals and keeps turning them loose then they need to deal with problem and stop trying to interfere with OTHER STATE'S gun laws!

CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) - Chicago's top cop said the city's deadly weekend wasn't as bad as it seems when compared to last year.

There were seven murders from gunshots and other causes from 6 p.m. Friday until 12:01 a.m. Monday , according to the police department. Altogether, the city saw 10 shootings during that period, including victims who were wounded but did not die.

Read more: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...violence-not-as-bad-as-it-seems#ixzz2JUOgVzKh

It only looks bad and those dead kids will get up and vote someday. They're already registered Democrats. Good thing they have all those gun laws or things might really get bad.

I'd like to see the stats on what happens to those caught with a gun in Chicago. Since the city is practically broke, is it just a slap on the wrist and off you go? Are they incarcerated for ample periods of time? Are they fined big bucks to help pay for their incarceration and made to work to pay off the fine? It's not fair to punish law abiding citizens for a broken system and a massive criminal base the city cannot get control of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back