GUILTY NJ - Charles Bauer, 23, found slain in Brendan Byrne State Forest, 25 Jan 2013

Roselvr

Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Not sure exactly where to post this

Dead body found in Brendan T. Byrne State Forest Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:00 am | Updated: 6:18 am, Sun Jan 27, 2013.

Pemberton Township — Authorities discovered a dead body in Brendan T. Byrne State Forest on Saturday morning, according to the New Jersey State Police.

Investigators have only been able to identify the body as that of a white male on Saturday, state police said. The cause and manner of death remained under investigation. It was unknown Saturday how long the body had been in the forest.

State police ID body found in state forest Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:30 pm | Updated: 12:39 pm, Mon Jan 28, 2013

The remains of Charles Bauer, 24, of the Browns Mills section of Pemberton Township, were found about 11 a.m. near a pond in Whitesbog Village by an ice skater, state police Sgt. Adam Grossman said Monday

Whitesbog /Forest map

From what I'm hearing via word of mouth; sounds like foul play may be suspected.

Anyone following Stacey Grater's post; this is the same town

From the second link above:

The cause of Bauer's death remains under investigation pending the completion of an autopsy and the return of toxicology tests. Police are also investigating how long the body had been in the forest.

I'm wondering if he had been reported as missing?

From the second link above:
I'm wondering if he had been reported as missing?

I haven't found that out yet. I haven't heard it mentioned how long he was there
It's looking like someone did kill him but it has not been released yet. :(

I'm seeing if its been announced yet but it looks like 3 were arrested within the last few hours.

In what state was the body found?

Ackkk I hate auto correct. lol
NEVER MIND .Body found in Pemperton township...thought that was in NO LA.

thanks yall for NOT answering my questions.

In what state was the body found?

Ackkk I hate auto correct. lol
NEVER MIND .Body found in Pemperton township...thought that was in NO LA.

Title of the post says Male body found / Identified NJ forest

thanks yall for NOT answering my questions.

I'm not sitting here waiting for someone to reply to the post. In the post above your 1st one I said- I'm seeing if its been announced yet -

After 15 minutes of google- no it has not been

15 minutes isnt a long time btw & the answer was in the title

Where is Stacy missing from?

Stacey is missing from the same town; not far from where Chuck was found.

It's confusing & I'll probably confuse it more lol. There is Pemberton & Pemberton Township. Pemberton township is Browns Mills. Why it's referred to Pemberton Township is beyond me because our mailing address said Browns Mills; not Pemberton Township. There are different sections of Browns Mills; In town is Browns Mills; you then have Presidential Lakes; a few other smaller sections then Country Lakes. Country Lakes is where I last lived; Stacey also lived there. I'm not sure what section of Browns Mills Chuck was from; have to ask the kids.

Chucks death is unrelated to Stacey's.

Four men charged with leaving Pemberton man's body in state forest

— Four township men have been accused of leaving the body of a 24-year-old resident in Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, the New Jersey State Police said Thursday.

PB, 47; BD, 25; AB, 19; and RS, 19; were charged with desecrating human remains for dumping the body of Charles in the forest

The suspects are residents of the Browns Mills section of the township, where Bauer also resided, police said. Bush, Baith and Sweet were arrested Wednesday and are being held in the Burlington County Jail (Mount Holly) on $100,000 bail each. Dixon was arrested in Philadelphia and is being held there pending extradition to New Jersey, Grossman said.

Bush, Baith and Sweet were scheduled to make first appearances in Superior Court in Mount Holly on Thursday afternoon.

— Four township men have been accused of leaving the body of a 24-year-old resident in Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, the New Jersey State Police said Thursday.

PB, 47; BD, 25; AB, 19; and RS, 19; were charged with desecrating human remains for dumping the body of Charles in the forest.

So the guy died of a drug overdose or some other non-homicidal cause and they dumped his body then rushed to explain as soon as the body was found?

Weird! Surely the cops wouldn't be charging them with "desecrating a human corpse" if they could possibly turn this into murder.

So the guy died of a drug overdose or some other non-homicidal cause and they dumped his body then rushed to explain as soon as the body was found?

Weird! Surely the cops wouldn't be charging them with "desecrating a human corpse" if they could possibly turn this into murder.

I have not heard exactly whats going on; I thought the wording desecrating was really weird.

I'm going to have to read about what it means in cases like this

2009 New Jersey Code TITLE 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section 2C:22
2C:22-1 - Disturbing, desecrating human remains; offenses

The above article does also state:

The cause of his death is still being determined by the Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, Grossman said............

Grossman declined to comment further about the case, citing the ongoing investigation into Bauer's death.

This may not be over with the desecrating charges....maybe that is just to hold them for now....

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...cle_2400090e-f9ea-5086-a813-189c7d80aebb.html

The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office has extended plea offers to the five defendants charged with killing a 23-year-old Pemberton Township man and dumping his body in the Pine Barrens nearly two years ago. The defendants, all of Pemberton Township, appeared Monday at the Burlington County Courthouse...

Investigators have not released details about how Bauer was killed because of the ongoing investigation.

Ryan Sweet, 21, and Brandon Dixon, 26, were charged with murder and the desecration of human remains in the Jan. 25, 2013, incident... Co-defendants Andrew Baith, 20; Patrick Bush, 48; and Paul Martell, 22, were charged with desecration of human remains.

This says a trial date was set for October but I haven't been able to find anything more recent yet.

Trial for Pemberton man charged with murder pushed back to October, report says

The trial date for a Pemberton Township man charged with murder and desecration of human remains has been pushed back a month until Oct. 27.

In January 2013, Brandon Dixon, 27, allegedly planned to steal the car of 23-year-old Charles Bauer.

The other co-defendants in the case have all agreed to plea deals. The men are 21-year-old Ryan Sweet, 49-year-old Patrick Bush, 23-year-old Paul Martell and 22-year-old Martin Baith, who all lived in Pemberton. Dixon is the only one to go to trial.

Sweet, the only other defendant charged with manslaughter, is now in jail and faces 17 years in prison. The other three men were charged with desecration of human remains for helping to transport the body to the lake.

Bush and Baith each face up to a year in jail, and Martell faces five to 10 years in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back