02-21-2013, 09:33 AM #16
12-08-2014, 07:59 PM #17
The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office has extended plea offers to the five defendants charged with killing a 23-year-old Pemberton Township man and dumping his body in the Pine Barrens nearly two years ago. The defendants, all of Pemberton Township, appeared Monday at the Burlington County Courthouse...
Investigators have not released details about how Bauer was killed because of the ongoing investigation.
Ryan Sweet, 21, and Brandon Dixon, 26, were charged with murder and the desecration of human remains in the Jan. 25, 2013, incident... Co-defendants Andrew Baith, 20; Patrick Bush, 48; and Paul Martell, 22, were charged with desecration of human remains.
12-08-2014, 09:36 PM #18
01-13-2016, 05:53 PM #19
This says a trial date was set for October but I haven't been able to find anything more recent yet.
Trial for Pemberton man charged with murder pushed back to October, report says
The trial date for a Pemberton Township man charged with murder and desecration of human remains has been pushed back a month until Oct. 27.
In January 2013, Brandon Dixon, 27, allegedly planned to steal the car of 23-year-old Charles Bauer.The other co-defendants in the case have all agreed to plea deals. The men are 21-year-old Ryan Sweet, 49-year-old Patrick Bush, 23-year-old Paul Martell and 22-year-old Martin Baith, who all lived in Pemberton. Dixon is the only one to go to trial.
Sweet, the only other defendant charged with manslaughter, is now in jail and faces 17 years in prison. The other three men were charged with desecration of human remains for helping to transport the body to the lake.
Bush and Baith each face up to a year in jail, and Martell faces five to 10 years in jail.
01-14-2016, 10:42 AM #20
01-14-2016, 02:08 PM #21
The trial was postponed at the last minute. It's not known why.
Unofficially, it's thought the trial will be some time in March. She will let me know when she hears something.
I can't believe it will be 2 years
11-07-2016, 07:08 PM #22Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2016
MOUNT HOLLY — A 28-year-old Pemberton Township man was convicted of murder and related charges Monday in connection with the 2013 killing of a 23-year-old man, according to the Burlington County Times.
The newspaper reports a jury found Brandon Dixon guilty of felony murder, desecration of human remains and robbery.
Prosecutors argued Dixon worked with another Pemberton Township man, Ryan Sweet, to rob Pemberton man Charles Bauer because Bauer was communicating with the 16-year-old mother of Sweet's child. Bauer's body was discovered in January of 2013, partially clothed on top of a frozen bog in Brendan Byrne State Forest by a family.
Testimony during Dixon's two-week trial revealed the intent behind the crime was to steal Bauer's Ford Mustang and marijuana to stop him from contacting the teen, but that Bauer died after Dixon had put him in a chokehold. Dixon was also accused of burning Bauer's clothes, but was found not guilty of arson.
Sweet previously pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and is expected to be sentenced to 17 years in prison this week, the newspaper reports.
Sweet and three other men also pleaded guilty to desecrating human remains for helping dispose of Bauer's body.
Dixon is scheduled to be sentenced on May 26 and could receive life in prison.
Michelle Caffrey may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @ShellyCaffrey. Find the South Jersey Times on Facebook.
Last edited by asmi106082; 11-07-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Add text
By los2188 in forum Crimes in the NewsReplies: 15Last Post: 08-26-2016, 11:35 PM
By raine1212 in forum Unclaimed PersonsReplies: 11Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:44 AM
By OkieGranny in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2016, 10:36 AM
By M.James in forum Up to the MinuteReplies: 29Last Post: 08-28-2013, 12:31 AM
By raine1212 in forum Matches & ResolvedReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM