975 users online (226 members and 749 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com...c7d80aebb.html

The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office has extended plea offers to the five defendants charged with killing a 23-year-old Pemberton Township man and dumping his body in the Pine Barrens nearly two years ago. The defendants, all of Pemberton Township, appeared Monday at the Burlington County Courthouse...

Investigators have not released details about how Bauer was killed because of the ongoing investigation.

Ryan Sweet, 21, and Brandon Dixon, 26, were charged with murder and the desecration of human remains in the Jan. 25, 2013, incident... Co-defendants Andrew Baith, 20; Patrick Bush, 48; and Paul Martell, 22, were charged with desecration of human remains.

Thanks; been busy; hadn't seen it. I know one of the attorneys really well; he's really good & expensive! I don't see it mentioned that he's a public defender. I'll be surprised if they all don't do jail time.

This says a trial date was set for October but I haven't been able to find anything more recent yet.

Trial for Pemberton man charged with murder pushed back to October, report says

The trial date for a Pemberton Township man charged with murder and desecration of human remains has been pushed back a month until Oct. 27.

In January 2013, Brandon Dixon, 27, allegedly planned to steal the car of 23-year-old Charles Bauer.
    The other co-defendants in the case have all agreed to plea deals. The men are 21-year-old Ryan Sweet, 49-year-old Patrick Bush, 23-year-old Paul Martell and 22-year-old Martin Baith, who all lived in Pemberton. Dixon is the only one to go to trial.

Sweet, the only other defendant charged with manslaughter, is now in jail and faces 17 years in prison. The other three men were charged with desecration of human remains for helping to transport the body to the lake.

Bush and Baith each face up to a year in jail, and Martell faces five to 10 years in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    This says a trial date was set for October but I haven't been able to find anything more recent yet.

Trial for Pemberton man charged with murder pushed back to October, report says
    Not seeing anything on google. Emailing my attorney's secretary to see what's going on.

The trial was postponed at the last minute. It's not known why.

Unofficially, it's thought the trial will be some time in March. She will let me know when she hears something.

I can't believe it will be 2 years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2