TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Earlier Holly Bobo threads:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter): Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo map (created by Hollye)

SEPARATE WEBSLEUTHS HOLLY BOBO THREADS

Holly Bobo information & support thread

Holly Bobo Facebook thread

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here:

We are NOT going to discuss Clint or the family as suspects. We are not going to bash this family. They will not be discussed as POI's or suspects.

You can discuss what they say and what they've said but you are not going to speculate on why its different in your opinion or why they even said it this way one time and that way another.

Rumors are not allowed. We are a victim friendly site.

I am not familiar with that case but notice both girls (Erika and Holly) drive Mustangs.

Has anyone ever looked into Holly belonging to any sort of car club or going to car shows, etc. That could be how someone could become acquainted or fixated with her.

People here may want to checkout the thread for Erika Megan Sharpton, as
the who took Erika's young life, might possible be connected to Holly's case

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177602&page=6

the person arrested for erika sharpton's murder had a wife who was in nursing school, which is how he came across erika. her murder and holly's abduction are in proximity and they're both nursing students. is it possible there is overlap in the nursing programs, such as internships, residencies, common crossover at local hospitals, etc where his wife may have met holly? at the very least we know she purchased a weapon for a convicted felon that was used in the murder of a nursing student.

Still wondering how an "outsider" would feel comfortable enough on Bobo property to walk Holly off of it in broad daylight.

I don't think its an "outsider" as in, say, someone from Sacramento that happened to show up at Holly's secluded house and cart her off. I feel its someone local, although probably someone not intimately familiar with Holly or her family.

I still feel that this person had to observe Holly to find out where she lived but did not know so much about her social life, etc. to come up with a better plan for an abduction. I feel this person know where she lived and went to school and figured that school would be too problematic. At school there would just be too many people around and a greater chance of getting caught or stopped. That would leave Holly's house as the target.

Anyone else, with any sort of familiarity with Holly could have figured out she went to XYZ at a certain day or time, and perhaps could have abducted her away from home. There have to be times when Holly went places by herself and could have been intercepted on a country road, out doing something alone, going for a walk, anything.

the person arrested for erika sharpton's murder had a wife who was in nursing school, which is how he came across erika. her murder and holly's abduction are in proximity and they're both nursing students. is it possible there is overlap in the nursing programs, such as internships, residencies, common crossover at local hospitals, etc where his wife may have met holly? at the very least we know she purchased a weapon for a convicted felon that was used in the murder of a nursing student.

What I found most interesting is that what Erika's mom mentioned about (in my words) how well DJ planned what he did, and only after seeing Erika just one time!!!

Link to comment by Erika's mom:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Burning Body of Erika Megan Sharpton Found Along Road

Link again to thread:

Can't tell you how sorry I feel for her mom, and how her posting here is appreciated!

My West TN. roots are showing in this case. WHERE are you Holly? We love you and MISS you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you ?????

What I found most interesting is that what Erika's mom mentioned about (in my words) how well DJ planned what he did, and only after seeing Erika just one time!!!

Link to comment by Erika's mom:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Burning Body of Erika Megan Sharpton Found Along Road

Link again to thread:

Can't tell you how sorry I feel for her mom, and how her posting here is appreciated!

I've always felt DJ could be the perp in Holly's case. The only thing that made me pause was DJ lured Megan and planned her murder by involving his wife. He convinced Megan she had a nursing job. She drove to the location and sadly, she was victimized by this monster.

The circumstances in Holly's case are quite different but then again we don't know enough to look at other possible theories.

Megan's mom has been very vocal about her daughter's case from the very start and pertitnent details were revealed. The Bobos not so much. If there are similarities such as Holly perhaps responding to an ad, etc. now is the time to put that information forward, imo
:twocents:

I do not believe Megan was DJ's first and only victim.

I've always felt DJ could be the perp in Holly's case. The only thing that made me pause was DJ lured Megan and planned her murder by involving his wife. He convinced Megan she had a nursing job. She drove to the location and sadly, she was victimized by this monster.

The circumstances in Holly's case are quite different but then again we don't know enough to look at other possible theories.

Megan's mom has been very vocal about her daughter's case from the very start and pertitnent details were revealed. The Bobos not so much. If there are similarities such as Holly perhaps responding to an ad, etc. now is the time to put that information forward, imo
:twocents:

I do not believe Megan was DJ's first and only victim.

i'm going to look for msm that discusses the role (or lack) le thinks dj's wife had in megan's case. i find it hard to believe he would be able to lure megan out to the middle of nowhere having only met her once without help from someone who knew her better. if anyone has links, i'd appreciate them.

i'm bringing this up in this thread because we have a guy three hours away who murdered a nursing school student who knew his wife (also a nursing school student). i think it's at least worth looking at whether there were potential areas where the wife and hb could have crossed paths. just my 2 cents. i'm not advocating sleuthing the wife, just looking for media that might indicate whether this is a dead end.

Interesting.

I wonder if he were responsible for Hollys disappearance, why, with Sharpton he would leave her (burned) body and car in fairly obvious places and with enough evidence to trace the crime back to him?

From the above cited article this is how Jones (the killer) came into contact with the victim...

"Sharpton's mother had previously told NewsChannel 5 that Jones had ties to her daughter through his wife. She said her daughter and Naomi Jones carpooled from Tullahoma to nursing school in Murfreesboro."

Interesting.

I wonder if he were responsible for Hollys disappearance, why, with Sharpton he would leave her (burned) body and car in fairly obvious places and with enough evidence to trace the crime back to him?

From the above cited article this is how Jones (the killer) came into contact with the victim...

"Sharpton's mother had previously told NewsChannel 5 that Jones had ties to her daughter through his wife. She said her daughter and Naomi Jones carpooled from Tullahoma to nursing school in Murfreesboro."

maybe something went wrong with his plan. he obviously planned sharpton's death for a while so why in any case would it have turned into dumping a body on the side of a fairly traveled road and lighting it on fire? that seems like pretty much one of the worst ways to deal with that situation if you're trying not to get caught, especially when you went to fairly great lengths to plan the rest of it (fake job, convincing her to go to an interview, etc).

if he is involved with holly it could have been the same MO except in holly's case his plan worked and in megan sharpton's it did not. maybe megan fought back or he thought someone saw something or she somehow disrupted what he was planning.

i want to find more info on the carpool situation. did megan pick up his wife at their house and that's how he saw her? had they ever formally met? i'm very suspicious of the idea that this guy could convince megan that there is a nursing job available and that she should come for an interview etc etc with no outside help unless she knew him fairly well which doesn't seem to be the case from what i've read.

Interesting.

BBM - yes, I wonder why two different MO's. In that regard I do not think he is related to Holly's abduction. Yet, the amount of planning and the way he focused on Erika after seeing her just one time months before he acted to lure her to a place where he took her, does have me wondering.. and they aren't far apart distance wise, and both are involved in nursing..

I still wonder about the guy that accosted the lady in her drive way around the same time that Holly went missing. The suspect ran off when her husband came out side.

I still wonder about the guy that accosted the lady in her drive way around the same time that Holly went missing. The suspect ran off when her husband came out side.

Good point - wonder if LE showed her photos of the who took Erika Megan Sharpton...

BBM - yes, I wonder why two different MO's. In that regard I do not think he is related to Holly's abduction. Yet, the amount of planning and the way he focused on Erika after seeing her just one time months before he acted to lure her to a place where he took her, does have me wondering.. and they aren't far apart distance wise, and both are involved in nursing..

On second thought, the might have thought a different MO would make it seem like he didn't commit both crimes.

On second thought, the might have thought a different MO would make it seem like he didn't commit both crimes.

For the most part a MO is just that... how they operate. I can't see pulling off a seemingly clean get away with Holly, then going off and doing exactly the opposite thing leaving a body, car, DNA, etc. Just doesn't make sense. I really don't think the two cases are related myself aside from some general similarities (both victims were nursing students)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer