Parents Say 11-Year-Old Daughter Was Driven To Suicide Because Of Bullying

"The school superintendent told 10TV that “We are in a sensitive mode, I am aware of bullying, but now is not the time to deal with it.”

What a &^%$* ...

Beautiful girl! May she rest in peace :(

The school superintendent told 10TV that “We are in a sensitive mode, I am aware of bullying, but now is not the time to deal with it.”

The superintendent has declined 10TV requests for an on camera interview, but did reinforce the district’s zero tolerance policy on bullying.

Say what? If there is a zero tolerance on bullying, shouldn't it mean that the time to deal with it is, now and always, right away, whenever it comes up? "We may do something about it later when the stars are aligned right" is not zero tolerance.

First, I am in no way condoning bullying- it is wrong and should not be allowed.

But I also believe that for an 11 year old to committ suicide there is more to what was going on with her than just being bullied.

If she hated being on the bus due to being bullied, why did the parents allow her to ride the bus? did they go to the principal and address that specific problem?

I was a fat, unpopular kid who wore glasses and had ADD at a time when they were just begining to diagnose boys with it and it wasn't even considered that girls would have it. Yes, I have been diagnosed as an adult.

But you know what? Not once would suicide have ever crossed my mind. Sure, I was frustrated that I wasn't popular, but overall in spite of everything, I was a happy child.

That is why I say there was something deeper at play here, and the parents missed it. But it is so easy to blame it on the school than to accept their part in missing their daughters problem and getting help for it.

I'm not sure what the answer is on stopping bullying, it is rampant and has been forever, perhaps if the bullies parents were held accountable for their childrens actions it may help some.
I remember some parents who could give a carp less if their kids bullied other kids and actually thought it was acceptable when I was going to school.

I also remember one gal I went to school with, we were friends for a long time and then all of a sudden she bullied me on a regular basis this was in middle school, it wound up a fist fight after school because she was following me home running her mouth and wouldnt go away. I thumped her butt good, I had alot of pent up anger towards her and her actions and she never said another word to me ever after that day.

Her dad found me about a week after this had happened and threatened to beat my *advertiser censored** for beating up his daughter I was scared to death. When my dad found out he paid a visit to her father and let him know the truth behind what had been going on and she got grounded for a month for her actions.....

I never saw her bullying anyone again after that.

I certainly hope something can be done, this is horrbile. I pray for her family and that they can make a difference somehow someway.

Hailey may you rest in peace :rose:

When my daughter was 5, her response to a 12 yr old after-school bully was to punch him square in the nose. She had to jump off the ground to do this, he was that much taller than her, and she bloodied it. His mother was screaming up and down, demanding to know who did this to her precious son. When it was pointed out that a tiny 5-year old girl in pigtails was the culprit, she stuffed her kid in the car and drove off.

It was REALLY hard to tell my daughter this was not the correct response to bullies. Or not to, you know, laugh a bit.

But I have to admit being glad that she's still more the type to stand up for herself, rather than taking to heart the cruel words and violence of other kids and letting it eat at her to the point this poor girl obviously did.

Social media is NOT helping, I know this much. It's bad enough for the adult world, but the kids, omg, I am shocked by what they say to each other. Foul, foul things. And this carries over to school, and it goes on and on.

It is stupid to put dozens of kids on a bus with only the bus driver to control their wicked behaviors. An adult bus monitor might not be able to stop all the verbal bullying on the bus, but he/she could stop some of it.

It is stupid to put dozens of kids on a bus with only the bus driver to control their wicked behaviors. An adult bus monitor might not be able to stop all the verbal bullying on the bus, but he/she could stop some of it.

First thing I thought of when you said that.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176442"]Children taunt bus monitor and make her cry - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wow. What a heartbreakingly sad story. I have an 8 year old daughter. She isn't bullied, but she also has no real understanding of death: she asked me the other day if people who die grow beards to keep them warm. She also doesn't know what suicide is.

How does an 11 year old even commit suicide? So sorry for her family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back