825 users online (146 members and 679 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boca Baton, FL
    Posts
    439

    FL - Man Rides on Roof of Exes car for 10 Miles, is shot

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=crime

    To summarize, he fought with ex and jumped on her car when she drove away.

    During the 10 miles she stops and asks people to call 911.

    Eventually she pulls out a gun and shoots him through the roof, killing him.

    How bizarre!!! 10 miles is a long distance!
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

    My confession... I


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,281
    : That is way beyond being angry.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    He probably couldn't get off because she was driving. It doesn't take much speed before falling off will cause serious injury.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,906
    No offense to Floridians, but somehow I knew where this had taken place before reading it...just some of the most bizarre crimes there.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  5. #5
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,221
    Does her shooting of him constitute self-defense? What was he trying to do through the roof of her car, attack her or just stop her from leaving him?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pumpkin Hollow
    Posts
    28,637
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    No offense to Floridians, but somehow I knew where this had taken place before reading it...just some of the most bizarre crimes there.
    Yes, was just thinking that the "FL" at the start of the title is a bit superfluous as one can guess where this took place, lol.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    2,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    He probably couldn't get off because she was driving. It doesn't take much speed before falling off will cause serious injury.
    She obviously made stops to ask people to call 9-1-1.

  8. #8
    I don't understand why she didn't drive to a police station?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    3,354
    Did the article have to start with the sentence " He had trouble letting go"? Yeah, I suppose it did, that was classic, lol!
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pumpkin Hollow
    Posts
    28,637
    At least there have been no bad puns to the effect that he might have been taking "roofies" before the incident.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Does her shooting of him constitute self-defense? What was he trying to do through the roof of her car, attack her or just stop her from leaving him?
    According to the article she shot him through the windscreen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    She obviously made stops to ask people to call 9-1-1.
    Or she shouted to cars alongside her through the window, which I think is more likely. If she was in fear for her life she wouldn't have stopped to talk to people.

    My guess is that the way this went down is that they had an argument, she jumped in the car and drove off. He jumped on the car, but once it was moving he couldn't get off. He would have slid down onto the hood to try and get her to stop, but then she shot him.

    Obviously in that scenario she is going to present herself as the victim, because, otherwise, she would have to explain the shooting part. So, you can't just accept whatever she says just because she is said it.

    If she wanted him off the car all she would need to do is accelerate and then hit the brakes hard. He would go flying off, there is not a whole lot to hold onto. But she chose to shoot him instead in a bizarre manner, so this case needs to be looked at more closely IMO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winchester Ohio
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    Or she shouted to cars alongside her through the window, which I think is more likely. If she was in fear for her life she wouldn't have stopped to talk to people.

    My guess is that the way this went down is that they had an argument, she jumped in the car and drove off. He jumped on the car, but once it was moving he couldn't get off. He would have slid down onto the hood to try and get her to stop, but then she shot him.

    Obviously in that scenario she is going to present herself as the victim, because, otherwise, she would have to explain the shooting part. So, you can't just accept whatever she says just because she is said it.

    If she wanted him off the car all she would need to do is accelerate and then hit the brakes hard. He would go flying off, there is not a whole lot to hold onto. But she chose to shoot him instead in a bizarre manner, so this case needs to be looked at more closely IMO.
    You are thinking rationaly, not as the victim.
    As a victim of domestic violence, 10 miles isn't very far. Yes, she could have braked and throw him off the car. That is what a rational person probably would have done. How rational could you be if you were a victim of DV and felt like you were defending your life?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580
    Between the two below linked articles it's a little clearer on what exactly transpired.

    The ex-gf went to the victim's house to drop off their three children. He wanted to talk about their relationship, she didn't. He then grabbed her her cell phone and keys.

    The ex-gf then used a 'spare key' to start the car, but the victim jumped on the roof of the car. He alternated between the roof and hood, all the while threatening her. The g/f stopped two or three times begging people to call 911.

    The ex-gf, at one point shot through the windshield, which struck the victim. He eventually fell off the roof onto the road, was discovered by witnesses, transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

    The ex-gf did then turn around and stopped at a location to call 911.

    IMHO, from what I've seen here, it was strictly self-defense. He was {crazy}!

    JMHO
    fran


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=crime

    Nikki Y. McNeil, 33, was arguing with Tucker at his Ocala, Fla. residence about their relationship, sheriff's officials told the Gainesville-Sun. McNeil told deputies that as she was leaving, he grabbed her cell phone and car keys.
    more at above link



    http://www.ocala.com/article/2013012...WS01?p=1&tc=pg

    Amid the disagreement, the man, Lamark D. Tucker Sr., climbed onto the hood of a car being driven by Nikki Y. McNeil, 33, of Flemington, and clung to the hood and roof as McNeil drove around for several miles. While Tucker was on top of the car, McNeil fired a gunshot through the car's windshield, critically wounding Tucker, officials said.
    more at above link

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharedspirit View Post
    You are thinking rationaly, not as the victim.
    As a victim of domestic violence, 10 miles isn't very far. Yes, she could have braked and throw him off the car. That is what a rational person probably would have done. How rational could you be if you were a victim of DV and felt like you were defending your life?
    Well, she had him stuck on top of her car speeding down the highway, and she had a gun, so it doesn't sound like she had no options. He, on the other hand, at that point had none except hope that she would stop. The deck was heavily stacked in her favor at that point.

    Oh, and if I was a victim of DV and in that situation and fleeing (as she claimed to be), my first thought would have been to start whipping that car around to get him off. Which is why her account doesnt make sense to me.
    Last edited by Tugela; 02-01-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY SC - Anthony Hill, 30, shot dead, dragged 11 miles, Newberry, 2 June 2010
    By crystalgenie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 04:06 AM
  2. And sometimes superheroes rides bikes!
    By JLSChook in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2015, 08:27 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 01:45 AM
  4. Dog Rides Train From Greenwich to Harlem
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:07 PM