Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters

ps149

Reaction score
Do you think the LISK will ever be caught?

I think that depends on whether or not he remains active.

What if he's dead, and his identity is eventually revealed - does that count as Yes, he's been caught, or No, he cheated authorities by dying? I mean, it's a bit late to "catch" Jack the Ripper, even if proof surfaces at this late date.

I am usually the optimist, however I'm beginning to feel quite pessimistic about it. I hope and pray he will, but some days I just don't think it's gonna happen. That's just how I'm feeling at he moment, subject to change with my mood.

What if he's dead, and his identity is eventually revealed - does that count as Yes, he's been caught, or No, he cheated authorities by dying? I mean, it's a bit late to "catch" Jack the Ripper, even if proof surfaces at this late date.

If he's dead, good riddance. Count that however you like. :)

I think he'll be caught but it may take a long time. Isn't the average 17 years?

If the killer(s) get caught it probably will have nothing to do with great detective work, rather, a lot of good luck that is recognized by a lot of hard work. This is not intended to criticize the work of SCPD as I am sure each detective, at least on an individual level is doing the best they can do to solve this case.

This case may have already been 'solved' when the nursery owner was rumored to have been the serial killer. Why it may have been 'unsolved' is because we live in another world of the Internet where a lot of people now have the ability to watch much more than they could before.

It has always been my opinion the nursery owner rumor started with the PD to warm the people up to believe that fellow did the deeds. There are a few people in the SCPD with the complicity of the DA will always try to make something that isn't true appear to be true. This is what the SCPD has been known to do since the time they were created back in 1960. Nothing ever changes with them. It never changes because there is no one in charge that is willing to expose it. Now that Spota is the DA those liars are emboldened to lie with no consequences. If this investigation was in the medical field they would call it an ABORTION. This is not the exclusive domain of Suffolk County because it happens every day over the country and no one has the guts to do anything about it.

Yes. I do believe he will be caught. Because like any addiction, there is that little voice whispering in one's ear, "more, more, more." It seeks to destroy you. He has within him his own worst enemy. It is only a matter of time.

Yes. I do believe he will be caught. Because like any addiction, there is that little voice whispering in one's ear, "more, more, more." It seeks to destroy you. He has within him his own worst enemy. It is only a matter of time.

The $64,000 question is: If and when they find someone to charge with these crimes will it be the right person? This case is getting a lot of exposure, especially on this Board. Don't believe for one second that aren't some people of some consequence are poring over this Board reading every post to see if there is something they can attach to a story.

IMO, one of the biggest problems with this story getting full exposure in the media is Long Island's newspaper of record is Newsday/Channel 12. If this story gets too sticky you can bet Newsday is not going to report it.

Jimmy Breslin once said ( a broken clock is right twice a day) is for a murder to be solved it must be on the front page of the Daily News. Other than that you take your chances.

I said no because he hasn't made any mistakes that we know of so far.

The problem with this question is that we do not know if we are dealing with one single killer or multiple killers. I have always leaned towards the multiple killer theory. With multiple killers there increases the likelihood at least one of them will be arrested and charged. With that comes the risk that all of the victims could be blamed on the first one of the killers who are caught.

Society likes it when everything fits neatly into one perfect little package.

He probably won't get caught because his victims operate in the shadows due to their profession.

I think most SKs are never caught, and usually people don't even know there is an SK at work.

With victims like these they simply dissappear and are never heard from again.

In this instance his victims were found, but he will simply start dumping somewhere else. Clues can be followed when you know who the victims are, but if they simply dissappear there is nothing for LE to find.

SCPD offered five thousand dollars for information leading to an arrest. Thats called window dressing. The other 20 thousand dollars was raised by family members. The same family members that were told by police not to speak to the media. How long do they expect them to remain silent?

It seems as though most of you folks still believe a serial killer is on the loose. I have always swayed to the idea these gals were not killed by a Bundy or Rifkin type, but from someone in the organization that had no use for them for whatever reasons. The GB4 got to Oak Beach, either dead or alive. SG got there alive and she wound up dead.

It seems as though most of you folks still believe a serial killer is on the loose. I have always swayed to the idea these gals were not killed by a Bundy or Rifkin type, but from someone in the organization that had no use for them for whatever reasons. The GB4 got to Oak Beach, either dead or alive. SG got there alive and she wound up dead.

That makes it more realistic that someone knows who it is.

And other people believe there is a sinister secret organization killing girls for whatever reason, even though all the evidence so far points to an SK and none points at a sinister organization.

But, history teaches us that a lone SK is far more likely than a sinister organization. So, I'll go with the SK theory.

And other people believe there is a sinister secret organization killing girls for whatever reason, even though all the evidence so far points to an SK and none points at a sinister organization.

But, history teaches us that a lone SK is far more likely than a sinister organization. So, I'll go with the SK theory.

He said SOMEONE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back