1224 users online (189 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES.

128 42.38%
  • NO.

97 32.12%
  • NOT SURE.

77 25.50%

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem Snide View Post
    I say no to organized crime specifically because these killings have a signature and are up close and personal (strangulation).

I think he'll be caught. He lives a high risk lifestyle and upped the ante by calling the families of his victims. This is a person who is bound to slip up. And if he's managed to stop killing -doesn't seem likely- I suspect there's a mistake he's made that's either yet to be discovered, or has already been discovered, but not publicly revealed.

Perhaps the police have already talked to him or have him on their radar. That seems to be common in a lot of these cases before an arrest is eventually made.

Still. They should bring in the FBI.
    Agree!
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Organized Crime

I do not think there is an Italian "Family" link to these crimes. If there is one proved.....I will admit it and appologize. Maybe even start my own thread. "Post Here to Make fun of LINAtive13"

He and his cohorts will be caught. Mistakes surely made and have not gone unnoticed.
    <b><span style=font-family: Comic Sans MS>“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a witch with a B, okay.” 
― Madonna</span></b>

I'm back from my self-imposed retirement from these forums. No, he won't be caught. And what "mistakes" are you referring to, LISleuth? You have some inside info? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
    "The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by genericwhitemale View Post
    I'm back from my self-imposed retirement from these forums. No, he won't be caught. And what "mistakes" are you referring to, LISleuth? You have some inside info? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Good to see you back GWB!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Good to see you back GWB!
    Thanks.
    "The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

The question posed: Will he get caught? I merely answered the question by giving my opinion.
    <b><span style=font-family: Comic Sans MS>“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a witch with a B, okay.” 
― Madonna</span></b>

Quote Originally Posted by LISleuth View Post
    The question posed: Will he get caught? I merely answered the question by giving my opinion.
    I see. You worded it as if you had some info the rest of us would be privileged to hear.

What up homeboy?

MISTAKES are always made. The idea is to know them when you see them. Many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators. It is like sending someone on a treasure hunt without telling them what it is they are looking for. better yet you don't tell your little hunters where to look.

The strangulation issue. maybe the gals were strangled to keep the mess to a minimum. Stabbing and shootings tend to leave a lot of blood behind - at the crime scene and the means of transport.

some folks go to a slot machine and on the first pull they hit the jackpot. Some folks can pull the handle for their entire lives and never hit a jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post
    MISTAKES are always made. The idea is to know them when you see them. Many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators. It is like sending someone on a treasure hunt without telling them what it is they are looking for. better yet you don't tell your little hunters where to look.

The strangulation issue. maybe the gals were strangled to keep the mess to a minimum. Stabbing and shootings tend to leave a lot of blood behind - at the crime scene and the means of transport.

some folks go to a slot machine and on the first pull they hit the jackpot. Some folks can pull the handle for their entire lives and never hit a jackpot
    I know that's right Hawk!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by LINative13 View Post
    What up homeboy?
    Not a damn thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Spade View Post
    I attended a few seminars on White Collar Crime (Trusted Criminals) and also a few courses.
    I had studied a bit on Russian Organized Crime and there is a term in russian (the term escapes me at the moment) that refers to getting members into positions of trust in the Government, LE, etc. Morality aside, it's a pretty intelligent strategy. I'm sure russian organized crime does not have the monopoly on this very effective strategy. Be careful who you elect in your government.
    nomenklatura

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    nomenklatura
    Thanks so much CM!

Jim Kouri explains it well here.
    He is a great source of info, imho.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kouri/050719
    Contemporary Russian organized crime grew out of the Soviet "nomenklatura" system (the government's organizational structure and high-level officials) in which some individual "apparatchiks" (government bureaucrats) developed mutually beneficial personal relationships with the thieves' world. The top of the pyramid of organized crime during the Soviet period was made up of the Communist Party and state officials who abused their positions of power and authority. Economic activities ranged across a spectrum of markets — white, gray, black, and criminal. These markets were roughly defined by whether the goods and services being provided were legal, legal but regulated, or illegal, and by whether the system for providing them was likewise legal, legal but regulated, or illegal. The criminals operated on the illegal end of this spectrum. Tribute gained from black markets and criminal activities was passed up a three-tiered pyramid to the nomenklatura, and the nomenklatura itself (some 1.5 million people) had a vast internal system of rewards and punishments. The giant state apparatus thus not only allowed criminal activity, but encouraged, facilitated, and protected it, because the apparatus itself benefited from crime.These sorts of relationships provided the original nexus between organized crime and the government. From these beginnings, organized crime in Russia evolved to its present ambiguous position of being both in direct collaboration with the state and, at the same time, in conflict with it.Sources:US Department of JusticeUnited Nations ProtocolsNational Criminal Justice Reference ServiceNational Association of Chiefs of PoliceDepartment of Homeland Security© Jim Kouri*
    "Emotions have taught mankind to reason."
    Vauvenargues, Marquis De

My answer to the question, will the killer be caught is still NO. KO said there is no crime scene and no DNA. The crime scene and DNA is probably in the back seat of a car. Thats why he picked short women. Easier to conceal and carry once he arrives on OP.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast