1138 users online (98 members and 1040 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES.

128 42.38%
  • NO.

97 32.12%
  • NOT SURE.

77 25.50%

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    He also appears to have quit which is also the key to every serial killer who was never caught - Jack the Ripper, New Orleans Axeman, Cleveland Torso Slayer, Zodiac, Texarkana Phantom, ONS and so on. We don't know which of those individuals (or this party) stopped voluntarily but that's essentially immaterial anyway. Of course, he likely will be caught if he can't keep quiet which is what happened to BTK.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Or he is in jail. On some other charge. drug trafficking maybe?
    "Emotions have taught mankind to reason."
    Vauvenargues, Marquis De

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Spade View Post
    Or he is in jail. On some other charge. drug trafficking maybe?
    Or dead.
    Copyright © 2016 PS149 —All Rights Reserved— Any duplication of any portion of this post except on Websleuths.com without the express written permission of PS149 shall be punishable to the full extent of the law.

I think that it will take decades if he does get caught.

This case has reminded me of Gary Ridgway since day one.

I hope beyond hope that that is not the case, these women have families and people who love them, but it just always seems like when the "Outcasts" are killed or go missing the general public and the police force don't seem to care as much.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    I think that it will take decades if he does get caught.

This case has reminded me of Gary Ridgway since day one.

I hope beyond hope that that is not the case, these women have families and people who love them, but it just always seems like when the "Outcasts" are killed or go missing the general public and the police force don't seem to care as much.
    I hope you are right about the case reminding you of Gary Ridgeway. LE had a bead on him and even interviewed him very early on in the case. I don't know why he didn't click with them as the killer but think it was he was too normal appearing to imagine as the killer. Do you know why?

I was driving a car in Tualatin Or when a body was pulled from behind some RR tracks. She was later included in his list of victims. I think it was in the late 80's and was totally bizarre.

Oh, I see you're from Portland. Welcome neighbor!

How nice of you all to come by! Take your shoes off, sit a spell
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    I hope you are right about the case reminding you of Gary Ridgeway. LE had a bead on him and even interviewed him very early on in the case. I don't know why he didn't click with them as the killer but think it was he was too normal appearing to imagine as the killer. Do you know why?

I was driving a car in Tualatin Or when a body was pulled from behind some RR tracks. She was later included in his list of victims. I think it was in the late 80's and was totally bizarre.

Oh, I see you're from Portland. Welcome neighbor!
    Thank you!

Yeah, I used to go drinking at the Winona Cemetery in my teen years (It's like a half a block from where they were found), my counsellor told me about it, and that's how I learned about him.

I read a few books and articles about the case. By the 80's, when people thought serial killer it was split between the crazy hairy scary dirty homeless looking hitch hiker with a hook for a hand and the Ted Bundy types. Everyone thought Gary Ridgway wasn't smart enough to be the Green River Killer.

That and the police were obsessed with William Stevens, they were convinced it was him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post
    MISTAKES are always made. The idea is to know them when you see them. Many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators. It is like sending someone on a treasure hunt without telling them what it is they are looking for. better yet you don't tell your little hunters where to look.

The strangulation issue. maybe the gals were strangled to keep the mess to a minimum. Stabbing and shootings tend to leave a lot of blood behind - at the crime scene and the means of transport.

some folks go to a slot machine and on the first pull they hit the jackpot. Some folks can pull the handle for their entire lives and never hit a jackpot

---------------
    Hawk, you may appreciate this, especially because it supports your statement, " many of those mistakes are probably staring right into the faces of the investigators..."

Several years back a family member of mine was transferred as a LT. from Crimes against Children to homicide. His very first homicide investigation involved a very embarassing oversight by several of the very well trained and experienced detectives. They neglected to check a locked area of the home where another family member was later found dead a few weeks later by one of the family members. I cluelessly grilled him, "how could this happen? weren't you supposed to go over some kind of checklist with those detectives?" He told me that these detectives were extremely professional and experienced and at the time didnt think micromanaging them especially when he was so new to the dept was a good idea - morale and all. I am telling you, if something like THAT could happen to that deparment, it can happen to ANY dept.
    Vauvenargues, Marquis De

I am absolutely sure that at some point (perhaps many years), there will be a single identified suspect that will be agreed upon by LE and the general public. It's likely he'll be already deceased or never face formal charges, like we've seen in many notorious SK cases. But there are simply too many bodies and too much focus for me to accept that it will never, eventually, lead to one man.

In the list under Forums for this thread it indicates a last post dated Today 3-26-13 but I don't see it. The last post I see is dated 2-24-13 6:38pm. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think so.

Today 06:19 AM
    by PoisonPill
    <b><span style=font-family: Comic Sans MS>“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a witch with a B, okay.” 
― Madonna</span></b>

Looks like there was some clean up and a few time outs this morning.
    The MP thread is still gone.
    But the polls get re-dated as someone votes, even without a comment.

Lisk site claims it is down for good.
    Vauvenargues, Marquis De

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Spade View Post
    Lisk site claims it is down for good.
    Because get this... Some people over there are crazy....

I know right? Who would have thought....

First time to message here on this forum thread and sub-head but my two cents is that this person will be caught. I think it will be a combination of dedicated detectives that will not stop until the solve it or catch the unsub and I believe that the unsub will make a mistake that will help find him. I agree might take time, but I do believe that this person will be caught. of course, jmo

a shame about the lisk site. at least flukeyou's gig is up. but not before causing so much pain to the families and all others surrounding the case. that is just evil.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast