687 users online (85 members and 602 guests)  

Websleuths News

First tornado death of 2013 ends record 220-day streak without a tornado death

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=2340

A powerful tornado ripped through Adairsville, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta, at 11:19 am EST this morning, killing at least one person in a mobile home park. The tornado caused major structural damage in the downtown district, and overturned approximately 100 cars on I-75 near Exit 306 (see eyewitness video here, with swear words.) Eight injuries, some serious, are also being reported from a tornado just southeast of Calhoun, GA around 11:30am EST. NOAA's Storm Prediction Center has placed most of the Southeast in their "Slight Risk" region for severe weather for Wednesday, a step down from the "Moderate Risk" potential issued on Tuesday for the Midwest. Three other tornadoes have hit Georgia today, and there were 79 reports of wind damage due to high winds as of 2 pm EST along the cold front that triggered today's severe weather, from Alabama to Pennsylvania. Tornado watches continue for a wide swath of the Southeast this afternoon, from Alabama to North Carolina.

Much more at link if you scroll down...video and picture of the tornado and damage, and reports....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Tornadoes rip central, southeast U.S., at least two dead
    http://news.yahoo.com/twisters-missi...152938895.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Isn't it early for tornados? I have a feeling this is going to be a bad weather year.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Massive storm front aims at Eastern seaboard

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...tern-seaboard/

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Isn't it early for tornados? I have a feeling this is going to be a bad weather year.
    Yeah it is unusual for January but yesterday was an incredibly warm and stormy day (tornado weather, temps in the high seventies and high winds).

We lost power for 6 hours, fortunately I was so busy trying to get the generator to start (unsuccessfully) that I didn't have time to worry about tornadoes.

Looks like it isn't over yet

I'm a severe weather spotter for the NWS and we learned that tornadoes can, and have, happened in every month on the calender, and also in every state in the U.S.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Massive storm front aims at Eastern seaboard

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...tern-seaboard/
    i flew into DC yesterday and the landing was terrifying! those were some biiiiig storm clouds.