GUILTY GA - Bonny Cooner, 33, strangled, dumped in well, Franklin County, 28 Jan 2013

Cagle

Reaction score
http://onlineathens.com/breaking-ne...way-missing-franklin-county-woman-ties-athens

Authorities are looking for a Franklin County woman reported missing by family members on Monday.

Cooner is described as a white woman, 5 feet, 5 inches tall, weighing between 160-170 pounds with blue eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. She has a tattoo of flowers and blossoms on her left arm, below the elbow.
Cooner has not had any contact with family members or friends since her disappearance, authorities said. Her boyfriend woke up and found Cooner gone from their home in Canon, with her car still parked outside.

The area where Cooner lived is a rural part of the county that is heavily wooded and has several ponds and streams, according to LeCroy.
A Georgia State Patrol aviation unit helped with the search throughout the day, which is to resume today with police K-9 units, he said.

Not much there from what I can see on my phone - or it's locked down good. It may be locked down since I saw it said she had 65 pictures but I could only see about 10.

Wonder if the young boy in profile pic is her son? And I assume the male in her cover pic is the boyfriend. I'm curious how long they've been together. How long living together? Did he contact family first, or did they contact him first? Why didn't he report her missing instead of family? Did she take her cell? Any history of issues w/the boyfriend?

Lots of questions but so little info released as of now.

I am searching through what appear to be relative's FB pages and so far have found only 2 people who have ONLY shared a link from the news story. No other words or posts about her missing....zilch. So strange. Maybe they're not the social media type? Maybe they have those posts hidden from public? I think they really need to get her info out there & get people aware & searching.

I live in Athens. This woman has been missing since Monday and today was the first I heard anything about her.
I know someone who knows Bonny's parents. He was told that on Monday afternoon, authorities were at the bus stop w/ her parents waiting for her son to get off the school bus so that they could question him. They wanted to make sure they questioned him before he had any contact w/ her boyfriend. I thought it was odd that they would wait at the bus stop rather than just go pick him up early at school. Makes me think the boyfriend didn't report her missing until sometime later in the day.

She has one son, pretty sure that's who the boy in her profile pic is....and I assume the pic at the top is of her w/ her boyfriend.
The picture she posted on May 4, 2011 is of her arm. She was in a car accident and her arm was almost ripped off. Ouch!! I believe it was a single car accident and she ran off the road and hit a tree.

I think she has two sisters and one brother.

Thanks for that insight!

I am just stumped that there appears to be NO sense of urgency about her disappearance! No one is in the media's face, no one is spreading the word. All the FB pages of friends & family I can find only have a link to the story and a "praying for her return" or "hope she's safe".

The reporter said as far as he knows she didn't take any personal belongings with her, but he was trying to get info for an update several hours ago. Still nothing new online that I can find.

Yes, it's very odd....I haven't found any more info online than you have.

I was also told that she left w/out shoes....although I don't know how they would know that for sure. If I were to go missing, there is no way my husband/family could look in my closet and know what clothes/shoes are missing.

Yeah, I don't have a ton of shoes, but I've got several pair, so my family wouldn't have a clue which ones I was or wasn't wearing either. Do you know if Franklin County is a small town? Maybe that's why we're not hearing about it if the family is doing things such as organizing searches?

Yeah, I don't have a ton of shoes, but I've got several pair, so my family wouldn't have a clue which ones I was or wasn't wearing either. Do you know if Franklin County is a small town? Maybe that's why we're not hearing about it if the family is doing things such as organizing searches?

Yes Franklin Co is a small town....Canon, the actual City where she lives is Tiny, I'd say less than 1000 ppl live there. Its about 30 miles from where I live and about 85 miles from Atlanta.

My friend told me that they were doing a search w/ K9's earlier today. Don't know where and if they were using volunteers or if it was just a smaller search performed by only law enforcement.

I just found a relative that has a post saying she's been missing since Saturday. Not sure if it's misinformation.

I had read in the news report that the GSP was involved & using K-9s.

Okay, I just found a friend who said the search dogs & the public are working hard in Canon to locate her. That at least makes me feel a little better.

I just found a relative that has a post saying she's been missing since Saturday. Not sure if it's misinformation.

I just assumed that she went missing sometime after she sent her son to school on Monday morning. Of course maybe the son was with his Dad over the weekend and the Dad took him to school that morning. I'll try to get more info tomorrow.

Does anyone know what time her boyfriend woke up and discovered her missing? When was she wearing a tank top and jeans? Likely not at night, right?

Okay, I just found a friend who said the search dogs & the public are working hard in Canon to locate her. That at least makes me feel a little better.

That's good, makes me feel better too! I sure hope they find her. My friend said that her parents are very good people, a hard working family. They own a small business....some kind of machine shop.

Does anyone know what time her boyfriend woke up and discovered her missing? When was she wearing a tank top and jeans? Likely not at night, right?

Not sure what time the boyfriend woke up....I'd like to know that too.

Yes, she was in a tank top and jeans. I discussed this earlier about how anyone knew what she was wearing....my friend said maybe that's what her son told police she was wearing when he left for school that morning, of course that goes against my idea that he was at his Dad's that morning. But regardless, you are right, not likely at night. We've had some warm temps here lately....but not warm enough to walk around in a tank top, except for Tuesday, which was in the 70's.

Finally! Found the BF's FB....even though I don't see anything on his page either.

ETA - his FB says married....interesting.

Finally! Found the BF's FB....even though I don't see anything on his page either.

ETA - his FB says married....interesting.

Can you post a link to his fb....is that allowed here?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back