1325 users online (287 members and 1038 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - Convicted killer serving 60 years mistakenly released in Chicago

Indiana murder convict mistakenly released in Chicago
    CHICAGO (AP) — Police were hunting for a convicted murderer on Thursday after he was mistakenly released from custody in Chicago, where he was sent to face a drug charge while serving a 60-year prison sentence in Indiana.

<modsnip>

---
    more, with a picture, at the link
    Last edited by JBean; 02-03-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Copyright - post no more than 10% please

Hey Wfgodot - this is breaking in my "land" and I am disgusted.... I need to research but imho this is stupidity on steroids. I have given the current sheriff a deal of credit for a couple of reasons...but while CCJ is never going to be a lovely place,... I think I'll leave that sentence unfinished.

We have SO many problems in this state - our county is the real joke. I am embarrassed to be a part of it. I am embarrassed to pay my property taxes to support it.

Ay yi yi

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

Doesn't Chicago have enough murders already? Why are they releasing convicted killers from other states?
    Just my opinion

We've had this type of thing happen in Fl., of course!, before and it usually turns out that some paperwork did not get to where it was suppose to...usually ends up with a clerk being blamed...hope they catch this one fast!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Reader, I have no doubt this is "just one of those things...ho hum... Cook county style. I am just livid about the level of and layers of utter incompetence/derp/ennui that permeates this county - the state is a whole 'nutther layer of imho pure suck! Again, not in the city - can't rightfully weigh in on that administration - and I voted for our current county commissioner. I am just extraordinarily disheartened.

Mark Twain

Swell. Only in Illinois would something like this happen. Same place those two inmates used the sheets to climb down from a highrise smack dab in the loop. This is a loopy state. argh!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

At a time in our society, when prisoners seem to have more rights than victims, lawyers make plea bargain deals that keep their clients out of jail or serving short sentences for heinous crimes, it is more than a shame, that a convicted criminal, with many years left to serve, is erroneously freed, therefore putting more innocent people in potential harm.

There is no excuse I can imagine for this 'incident' to have happened. I hope no one will be injured, or worse before he can be re-apprehended. Wonder if this is considered an escape?

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Apparently they are still using paper system to track down prisoners down there at Chicago. Has the sheriff ever heard of a computer? I don't think I've ever heard anything more ridiculous. How do they not lose all of their prisoners?
    Just my opinion

Highly unlikely it's the same guy, but you never know.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/p...beries-related

(I'm referring to the lighter skinned guy in 2 of the 5 photos.)

We can keep track of our cars, phones and animals but not our prisoners?
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

longer Tribune article notes many of the system flaws...http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7468985.story

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    We can keep track of our cars, phones and animals but not our prisoners?
    I am absolutely amazed they are still tracking prisoners using paper system only. They should get some computers, for crying out loud.
    Just my opinion

A convicted killer who spent 52 hours as a free man after being mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail spent the time before his re-arrest visiting 11 of his siblings and several cousins around Chicago and the suburbs, authorities said Saturday.

They said Steven Lamont Robbins also donned a wig to go grocery shopping, and was sipping Seagram’s VO whiskey and watching TV before he was picked up Friday night at a house in Kankakee.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...ople-down.html
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.