IN - Convicted killer serving 60 years mistakenly released in Chicago

Hey Wfgodot - this is breaking in my "land" and I am disgusted.... I need to research but imho this is stupidity on steroids. I have given the current sheriff a deal of credit for a couple of reasons...but while CCJ is never going to be a lovely place,... I think I'll leave that sentence unfinished.

We have SO many problems in this state - our county is the real joke. I am embarrassed to be a part of it. I am embarrassed to pay my property taxes to support it.

Ay yi yi

Doesn't Chicago have enough murders already? Why are they releasing convicted killers from other states?

We've had this type of thing happen in Fl., of course!, before and it usually turns out that some paperwork did not get to where it was suppose to...usually ends up with a clerk being blamed...hope they catch this one fast!

Reader, I have no doubt this is "just one of those things...ho hum... Cook county style. I am just livid about the level of and layers of utter incompetence/derp/ennui that permeates this county - the state is a whole 'nutther layer of imho pure suck! Again, not in the city - can't rightfully weigh in on that administration - and I voted for our current county commissioner. I am just extraordinarily disheartened.

Swell. Only in Illinois would something like this happen. Same place those two inmates used the sheets to climb down from a highrise smack dab in the loop. This is a loopy state. argh!

At a time in our society, when prisoners seem to have more rights than victims, lawyers make plea bargain deals that keep their clients out of jail or serving short sentences for heinous crimes, it is more than a shame, that a convicted criminal, with many years left to serve, is erroneously freed, therefore putting more innocent people in potential harm.

There is no excuse I can imagine for this 'incident' to have happened. I hope no one will be injured, or worse before he can be re-apprehended. Wonder if this is considered an escape?

Apparently they are still using paper system to track down prisoners down there at Chicago. Has the sheriff ever heard of a computer? I don't think I've ever heard anything more ridiculous. How do they not lose all of their prisoners?

We can keep track of our cars, phones and animals but not our prisoners?

I am absolutely amazed they are still tracking prisoners using paper system only. They should get some computers, for crying out loud.

A convicted killer who spent 52 hours as a free man after being mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail spent the time before his re-arrest visiting 11 of his siblings and several cousins around Chicago and the suburbs, authorities said Saturday.

They said Steven Lamont Robbins also donned a wig to go grocery shopping, and was sipping Seagram’s VO whiskey and watching TV before he was picked up Friday night at a house in Kankakee.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/17960365-418/sheriff-admits-we-let-people-down.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back