Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 01 Oct 1999

I'm sorry .
    She can be laid to rest and a proper burial but all that lost and wasted time.....it's just a shame.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

My heart breaks for your family and Sherry's kids, but I am also so happy that you finally have answers and can bring Sherry home. I will never drive through Warriors Mark again without thinking of your sister. (((hugs)))

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JaimeSommers For This Useful Post:

Thoughts are with Shelly and her family. I am glad they are finally able to bring her home and have some closure. I feel for Sherry's children, now knowing that their own grandfather killed their mother.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

Thanks for finding this Schmae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jn0920 For This Useful Post:

heartbreaking i am so sorry there wasn't a "happy ending" to sherry's story but your brother was very right shelly, your continued vigilance is the reason she is home today. if you, your brother and father had accepted that she ran off with a boyfriend to maine all those years ago, it would have ended there. but you kept the pressure on, especially in recent years.

next stop justice for sherry!

Bittersweet. I'm sure Shelly and her family expected this outcome all along, but it's still hard to know the truth.

Sherry can be laid to rest properly, and hopefully we will all be around to see justice served for her.
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

RIP now Sherry. This case is so sad. Dropped off a block from work.. we all know that one.

So sorry for your loss Shelly.. so sorry for Sherry's kids loss of their mother, as well as the loss of their mothers family. I'm praying that you can overcome all of this and be a family again. ((hugs)) Beautiful lady, you are an inspiration and I pray for you to have peace and closure. I also hope you give yourself a pat on the back. Without you, I doubt she would have ever been found.

We won't forget Sherry.

Sad
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sadnpod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
    RIP now Sherry. This case is so sad. Dropped off a block from work.. we all know that one.

So sorry for your loss Shelly.. so sorry for Sherry's kids loss of their mother, as well as the loss of their mothers family. I'm praying that you can overcome all of this and be a family again. ((hugs)) Beautiful lady, you are an inspiration and I pray for you to have peace and closure. I also hope you give yourself a pat on the back. Without you, I doubt she would have ever been found.

We won't forget Sherry.

Sad
    I believe forever Sherry Leighty will be the poster case for not giving up and for making LE accountable to families. While it's not going to replace the loss, it will help other families in the future. That is a small blessing in this otherwise very depressing story. Sherry will help others , I have no doubt !

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

I'm so glad Sherry can finally come home and be properly laid to rest.

Shelly - I am praying for you and your family. What a long nightmare for all of you. You are an amazing woman and you should be so proud of yourself for never giving up on Sherry. She is smiling down on you <3

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeeMamaRun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Although they obviously had their issues, and he may well have known something about Sherry's fate for a long time, I have to applaud Aaron for doing the right thing.

It must have taken a lot of courage for him to implicate his own father and to face the reality of what happened.
    I guess I am a cynic, it's hard to believe he never reported her missing. Never called her family. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it but I'm thinking he knew all along.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MCDRAW For This Useful Post:

I am praying for Sherry's family.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MCDRAW For This Useful Post:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/stat...55550975b.html

Quote from article, "A defense attorney says a central Pennsylvania man charged with homicide in the 1999 death of his daughter-in-law says the woman's death was accidental."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jn0920 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jn0920 View Post
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/stat...55550975b.html

Quote from article, "A defense attorney says a central Pennsylvania man charged with homicide in the 1999 death of his daughter-in-law says the woman's death was accidental."
    Hmm. Well, even if the death was accidental (which I doubt) concealing her body and lying to her family, and the distress that resulted from that were all deliberate. Does PA have any charges that could cover that? In the UK, Mark Bridger was charged with perverting the course of justice, as well as the murder of April Jones, and that also carries a maximum life sentence.

I'm relieved for Shelly and her family that Sherry has been found but it's terrible that it took so long. It would be nice if having screwed up the initial investigation, LE/DA made sure that the FiL gets the book thrown at him.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Sherry is our featured cold case from 5/19/2013 to 5/26/2013

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Sherry is our featured cold case from 5/19/2013 to 5/26/2013
    Is her case technically a cold case? I mean, they found her and are charging the man involved.

Sounds like a solved case to me

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmmaliLucia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    Is her case technically a cold case? I mean, they found her and are charging the man involved.

Sounds like a solved case to me
    She has been featured by request.

May Sherry rest in peace and justice be served in the courts.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Thank you for featuring Sherry, Kimster!! <3

Just one small note though, the front page says Altoona, TX. It should be Altoona, PA

It's unbelieveable to me that just, what -- a month ago?? This case was not only cold, but the police wouldn't even look into it from the day it was reported over a decade ago!!

Funny how things fall into place. I have no idea what made the ex-husband "turn in" his dad after all this time, but it can't be a coincidence that it happened after Shelly started making waves and getting somewhere. He probably figured she was going to find out what happened, and soon. He might as well save his tail in the process!
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coeurfragile View Post
    Thank you for featuring Sherry, Kimster!! <3

Just one small note though, the front page says Altoona, TX. It should be Altoona, PA

It's unbelieveable to me that just, what -- a month ago?? This case was not only cold, but the police wouldn't even look into it from the day it was reported over a decade ago!!

Funny how things fall into place. I have no idea what made the ex-husband "turn in" his dad after all this time, but it can't be a coincidence that it happened after Shelly started making waves and getting somewhere. He probably figured she was going to find out what happened, and soon. He might as well save his tail in the process!
    Thanks for the correction! We will be discussing Sherry's case on the radio show that starts in a bout 45 minutes. If you miss it today, you can still click on the link in my signature line and hear a tape of the show later.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much, I will definitely be listening ~Shelly
    ~Shelly~

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shellbellz216 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    I guess I am a cynic, it's hard to believe he never reported her missing. Never called her family. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it but I'm thinking he knew all along.
    Well, case solved but I can't help that feel that the killers wife and son must have known. I hope that the police investigated thoroughly all those that may have been involved. Would love to know who told the son his mother was buried on the farm. And who else knew of this claim.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singers For This Useful Post:

I just caught the end of the radio show and came to this thread. All I can is this:

Shelly, I am in awe of you and what you have accomplished for your sister. You never gave up and kept trying and your persistence has paid off. You are the true epitome of what a great sister really is. You have brought your family the answers they needed and your sister can finally rest in peace in a place of honor. Your sister's children will know that their mom abandoned them.

You have done what all of at WS would like to do which is to get a case solved, to bring a criminal to justice, to find the answers that grieving families need.

Truly i am in awe of you and what you have done. I know that this must have been extremely emotional for you and hard to deal with and I pray that you can find peace and happiness in knowing that you have worked a miracle. Bless you and your family as you mourn the loss of your beloved sister. I know that she is looking down on you with a smile as bright as the sunshine. With much admiration, Swampmama
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by shellbellz216 View Post
    I can only hope I did your family some justice, Shelly! My heart goes out to you and what you've done for Sherry. May your journey give hope to the hundreds and thousands of people who have lost their loved ones and want to find some answers!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shellbellz216 View Post
    Shelly, you are your sister's hero.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

Rest In Peace Sherry.

Shelly, I am so thankful that you and your family now have answers about your sister, now she can be laid to rest as she deserves to and all of y'all including her children can have some sort of closure. I wish you had never had to go through any of this and your sister were here to watch her kids grow up, but unfortunately her life was ended way to young.
    Mrs. A
    ^^^The above is MOO unless otherwise stated^^^

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to a.allison For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast