Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: PA - Cherrie Ann Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985 *merged*

Chaddylex, do you think the "new lead" is the information you called in last year??? Maybe the new investigator had researched it and found something that is of interest!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Chaddylex, do you think the "new lead" is the information you called in last year??? Maybe the new investigator had researched it and found something that is of interest!

It would be nice that I would be able to help in the investigation with my possible tip, but I really doubt it. No one has contacted me and I haven't heard another word since I submitted it months ago.

I do know the guy who had the skier van that lived by me died a few years back.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Still no word from LE about it...

Quote Originally Posted by websurfer View Post
    It seems logical to me as in a few other cases in the past that,
    this tipster may have held a secret told to her/him from when a
    [ the perp]
    let it slip while drunk?
    And like others who would hear something shocking, dissmiss it until the perp either has died or is on his/her death bed.
    Now, the witness with the van story?
    You mean to tell me that someone locally, with a van fitting that description was never investigated?
    Reallywhy not?
    How many vans fitting that description were in the area to begin with?
    Shouldn't all of them have been investigated?
    I mean,
    that sure would be out and about wouldn't it?
    People would have seen the van someplace at some point.
    Who saw the van?
    was that the perp who wanted to distract everyone?
    Someone said" stupid to abduct a child with a distinctive van like that"
    well, I say it was a false lead meant to divert attention from the real perp in this case.
    If this new lead/tip/ is false and brings no closure,it would seem to me that bloodhounds should be brought out in and around the house & nearby woods again.
    She may be closer to her neighborhood than anyone thought.
    I say this because the Nation has been searching for her all over the place, when she may have beem nearby all this time.
    Or this could be another case like the UTAH one?
    I do not know, many things could be the situation for this.
    Like everyone else here, I am crossing my fingers that this will close this cold,cold case....

It just never made sense that not one person with a van like that was ever focused on in the news or anything?
    I am also from PITTSBURGh & listen to KDKA news usually
    waiting for more news on this case.

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to websurfer For This Useful Post:

I can't Walt to Hear where thé tip came from.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Mr. McGraw is the new detective in charge of the case. I remain hopeful this new tip leads to resolution in this case. Chaddylex, I am still thinking it could be the tip you called in.

"Mr. McGraw characterized the break in the case cautiously. "Basically, there's been an individual who's come forward and they have the potential to be crucial to this investigation in the future," he said.
    He did not say how state police plan to proceed with the new information and declined to offer any specifics about it. He would not say who the person was, if the person indicated whether Cherrie was alive or dead or even when the person came forward. The case is sensitive, he said, and he's kept her family in the dark as well."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Today's story in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, was on the first page:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11013/1117636-57.stm

I missed CNN at 10 (turned it on at 10:30, but if the story isn't on, it may be bumped to Friday or Monday.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Reannan;6007652]Mr. McGraw is the new detective in charge of the case. I remain hopeful this new tip leads to resolution in this case. Chaddylex, I am still thinking it could be the tip you called in.

"Mr. McGraw characterized the break in the case cautiously. "Basically, there's been an individual who's come forward and they have the potential to be crucial to this investigation in the future," he said.
    He did not say how state police plan to proceed with the new information and declined to offer any specifics about it. He would not say who the person was, if the person indicated whether Cherrie was alive or dead or even when the person came forward. The case is sensitive, he said, and he's kept her family in the dark as well."
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

I just put on the news (channel 4, WTAE) and they were talking about Cherrie's case. They were talking to a psychic.. Wish I would have caught all of the what they were saying.. The psychic did say she believes she is in Butler County and has been dead for a long time. I am on my phone so I don't know how to link. I will look in the morning to see if I can get a link to the story.. I have been talking to everyone that knows how I am addicted to this site.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

[quote=chaddylex;6007919]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Mr. McGraw is the new detective in charge of the case. I remain hopeful this new tip leads to resolution in this case. Chaddylex, I am still thinking it could be the tip you called in.

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

I just put on the news (channel 4, WTAE) and they were talking about Cherrie's case. They were talking to a psychic.. Wish I would have caught all of the what they were saying.. The psychic did say she believes she is in Butler County and has been dead for a long time. I am on my phone so I don't know how to link. I will look in the morning to see if I can get a link to the story.. I have been talking to everyone that knows how I am addicted to this site.
    BBM it sure would be great if we have another miracle like JC (who was found after 18 in captivity).

However, I did bold this sentence above: "I remain hopeful this new tip leads to resolution in this case."

I surly hope it has been researched before making it such big news. After all, she still has a Mother and other family who do not really need their hearts torn up again, they always have it on thier minds.

I know I am a skeptic - not fair to the spirit of things, I just hope they have some decency not to use a sad story to sell papers.
    GOD BLESS HER MOM right now. I do pray for a Miracle in this story.
    I SURE HOPE that prior to making it a big story they looked into it seriously, and it has REAL MERIT.
    Last edited by songline; 01-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

[quote=songline;6007989]
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    ....I SURE HOPE that prior to making it a big story they looked into it seriously, and it has REAL MERIT.
    SBM. I had the exact same thoughts. We have a new detective on the case, but he has been on the case for several months now. I just don't see him creating this kind of publicity if he didn't have a REALLY good lead that he had ALREADY investigated! Surely not!!! At the same time, I don't see why anyone would have ignored what Chaddylax had to say last year. That is important information and should be pursued. Who knows - maybe someone else has been reading about the case here at WS's and has decided to finally come forth with what they suspected a long time ago. Miracles sometimes DO happen (Jacie Dugard and Shawn Hornbeck come to mind right away).

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Here's the link from the Channel4 (WTAE) 11pm news last night. (I was too lazy to get on the computer to link, I was on my Iphone.. here ya go..

http://www.wtae.com/news/26476221/detail.html

Here's a snip of the article

State police told Channel 4 Action News reporter Ari Hait that they are working with two local psychic sisters, Suzanne and Jean Vincent, who are going to help them find Cherrie.

“She’s just like our little daughter. It’s a case we just didn’t want to let go of,” said Suzanne. “We have to bring her home for the community.”

The Vincent’s have been working on the case for 15 years and said they have had visions of locations where she might be located or who might be responsible for her disappearance.

“We believe she’s in Butler County and that she’s not in West Virginia or down in Texas,” said Suzanne.

The sisters also believe Cherrie was killed long ago, but that with their help, police will eventually track down her killer.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Wait! So the 'tip' were these psychic sisters?? Or was it something else??
    I'm not saying I dont believe in psychics...but this is a cold, cold case....i'm sure there have been thousands of psychics over the years. Why come out now and call this a 'break' in the case????

I have a feeling this is all a dead end......I dont think anything will come of this, unfortunately

((hoping I am wrong))

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dejasade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dejasade View Post
    Wait! So the 'tip' were these psychic sisters?? Or was it something else??
    I'm not saying I dont believe in psychics...but this is a cold, cold case....i'm sure there have been thousands of psychics over the years. Why come out now and call this a 'break' in the case????

I have a feeling this is all a dead end......I dont think anything will come of this, unfortunately

((hoping I am wrong))

I don't think the psychics were the "tip"... (at least I hope not).. I was thinking that maybe with whatver tip the State Police received, they are using the help of the psychics maybe, for the location of Cherrie... JMO and hope.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

I don't think the psychics were the "tip"... (at least I hope not).. I was thinking that maybe with whatver tip the State Police received, they are using the help of the psychics maybe, for the location of Cherrie... JMO and hope.
    Very confused - how can the sisters offer a location for Cherrie, if they are the ones thinking that she is dead?
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Very confused - how can the sisters offer a location for Cherrie, if they are the ones thinking that she is dead?

I got the impression that they are trying to help the State Police locate her remains, which they feel are still in Butler County.

Additionally, I don't think they're "the tip" that seems to have everyone so optimistic, rather a tool that LE may be using to aid them.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missadrienne For This Useful Post:

I think you are right....now that I think about it and re-read some of the articles. They stated that someone walked in to the station w/ info.
    I hope they release SOMETHING!
    I am originally from PA (my BF is from Southwestern PA) - I keep on checking the pittsburgh new sites.

+ + prayers.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dejasade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by missadrienne View Post
    I got the impression that they are trying to help the State Police locate her remains, which they feel are still in Butler County.

Additionally, I don't think they're "the tip" that seems to have everyone so optimistic, rather a tool that LE may be using to aid them.
    This is what I am thinking too!! Bring her home!

I did not know Cherrie or her family, but this has stayed with me since I have been a 9 year old little girl. I remember seeing it on the news like it was yesterday. Cherrie was the whole reason why I joined this site and my "obsession" for trying to help find missing people.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Ok McGraw says "she could" be alive...
    But yet they are working with psychic sisters who claim she is dead...
    And also have claimed to be studying (or whatever you wanna call it) Cherrie's case for 15 years...are they JUST NOW considering her dead?
    They think she is dead and in Butler County...yeah that could be anywhere in the damn county....
    Like others have said I do hope there has been some investigation into this "tip" for Cherrie's family.
    I don't necessarily discount psychics....but if you can't give me something CONCRETE after 15 years...yeah my confidence in you is waining.
    Last edited by White Rain; 01-14-2011 at 10:40 PM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

Trooper Mc Graw said they had a tip that could lead to resolution--not that the State Police are working with psychics. That was in both the stories in the Butler and Pittsburgh papers. So WHO said psychics were involved? McGraw has not said that in any media story I have seen. Who is the source? And is the psychic thing a bit of LE misdirection, since the story is getting much publicity in Western PA ?

I have a source and will ask about who is touting the psychics. Pretty sure it's not the PA State Police, as the stories above discuss how "cautious" McGraw has been. If he isn't talking to the family about the lead, why would he throw a psychic into the mix?

The CNN story will feature McGraw as investigating officer. It's been bumped back, probably because of unfolding events in the Tucson shooting. Look for it on CNN Monday or more likely Tuesday. If I find out which, I will post.
    Last edited by pittsburghgirl; 01-15-2011 at 12:03 PM.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

Praying for the family as they await this news.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Ari Hait and several other reporters were at the state police barracks and saw the psychics leave the office. The psychics had come in to talk to the troopers after the new lead was reported in the press.

Hait's story was a fabrication as he "spun" the psychics' visit into something it wasn't. WTAE was forced to take the story off their website, although the damage is already done. It should be noted that the other Pittsburgh TV outlets did NOT report the psychic story, although they were in the same area as Hait when the psychics left. I cannot provide a link as the media will not report this non-story, but you are all welcome to see that the previous link has been removed from the WTAE website.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

I am waiting to be verified, then I can share a few insights.

Not really news.......still waiting ............LE working hard.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Ari Hait and several other reporters were at the state police barracks and saw the psychics leave the office. The psychics had come in to talk to the troopers after the new lead was reported in the press.

Hait's story was a fabrication as he "spun" the psychics' visit into something it wasn't. WTAE was forced to take the story off their website, although the damage is already done. It should be noted that the other Pittsburgh TV outlets did NOT report the psychic story, although they were in the same area as Hait when the psychics left. I cannot provide a link as the media will not report this non-story, but you are all welcome to see that the previous link has been removed from the WTAE website.

So are we now along the lines of a tip other than the psychics and that Cherrie COULD STILL be alive?

43. The Following User Says Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    So are we now along the lines of a tip other than the psychics and that Cherrie COULD STILL be alive?
    How amazing and wonderful would that be???!!!! And Pittsburgh girl - I sure hope you can share something with us soon! This case had some good leads to follow. It is just sad and wrong to see it unsolved for so long.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    It was a tip other than the psychics. There is always the hope that she could be alive. I would note that McGraw is "cautious" and not revealing details even to the family, so my thinking is that he doesn't want to reveal what LE knows or the nature of the tip. I am just hoping for a resolution, and certainly the best possible one would be a living Cherrie.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

Sorry guys I am not optimistic about this.
    I would rather be wrong.
    Women are Angels.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast