1188 users online (232 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Judith Ann Roberts, 6, Miami, raped and murdered 1954

http://angelsresort.yuku.com/topic/1...ucted-from-her

''An intruder breaks into a Miami home late at night and kidnaps a 6-year-old girl from her bed. Within hours, her body is dumped on a desolate road in Coconut Grove. She had been beaten, strangled and sexually molested.

The 1954 murder of Judith Ann Roberts, just a month before her seventh birthday, was Miami's first media-soaked, high-profile murder of a child.

Call it South Florida's version of today's JonBenet Ramsey murder mystery''

From the news archives- much more online.
    ''Sex Fiend steals child''

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...+roberts&hl=en

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Thanks Robin. That's certainly a bizarre case.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

So I was reading about this little angel girls case. I thought lets see what she looked like. I found a picture being auctioned on ebay. -BS PHOTO hjs-530 Judith Ann Roberts Murder Case 1954
    Seriously? Someone is going to profit from a little girls tragic ending. For $6.00. It was also just ended. How strange is that me reading about her and theres this auction just ended,
    (Yes I am aware that there are famous cases that others profit from) but this one feels different,

Interesting quote:

''She was nude, her body beaten and wrapped in her own little girl nightgown,'' Whitman recalled. ``A tree branch had been used to sexually assault her, but that was a ruse. The killer wanted to make it look like a sexual crime, but it wasn't.''
    So her killer wanted it to look like a sexual crime, but it wasn't. He had a different motive. A motive that would've connected him easily to the case if it were found out?

If the detective dies(he was 85 the last I saw) does someone else know of the three things he is keeping out of the media to identify the killer.
    I wonder if they got any dna. They just solved the oldest cold case involving sweet little Maria Ridulph from the 1957.This case is a few years older and sounds like there may be some good evidence that cold have something on it.,

Another article with more information about the crime and accusations against the father.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...=791%2C1400327
    All statements are my opinion only.