FL FL - Judith Roberts, 6, Miami, 6 July 1954

Robin Hood

Reaction score
http://angelsresort.yuku.com/topic/1157/Judith-Ann-Roberts-was-just-6-when-she-was-abducted-from-her

''An intruder breaks into a Miami home late at night and kidnaps a 6-year-old girl from her bed. Within hours, her body is dumped on a desolate road in Coconut Grove. She had been beaten, strangled and sexually molested.

The 1954 murder of Judith Ann Roberts, just a month before her seventh birthday, was Miami's first media-soaked, high-profile murder of a child.

Call it South Florida's version of today's JonBenet Ramsey murder mystery''

From the news archives- much more online.
''Sex Fiend steals child''

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...J&pg=2227,3118609&dq=judith+ann+roberts&hl=en

Thanks Robin. That's certainly a bizarre case.

So I was reading about this little angel girls case. I thought lets see what she looked like. I found a picture being auctioned on ebay. -BS PHOTO hjs-530 Judith Ann Roberts Murder Case 1954
Seriously? Someone is going to profit from a little girls tragic ending. For $6.00. It was also just ended. How strange is that me reading about her and theres this auction just ended,
(Yes I am aware that there are famous cases that others profit from) but this one feels different,

Interesting quote:

''She was nude, her body beaten and wrapped in her own little girl nightgown,'' Whitman recalled. ``A tree branch had been used to sexually assault her, but that was a ruse. The killer wanted to make it look like a sexual crime, but it wasn't.''

So her killer wanted it to look like a sexual crime, but it wasn't. He had a different motive. A motive that would've connected him easily to the case if it were found out?

If the detective dies(he was 85 the last I saw) does someone else know of the three things he is keeping out of the media to identify the killer.
I wonder if they got any dna. They just solved the oldest cold case involving sweet little Maria Ridulph from the 1957.This case is a few years older and sounds like there may be some good evidence that cold have something on it.,

This case is still unsolved after 64 years. Obviously the killer knew the routine/locations within the house. If only DNA technology was in 1954 what it is today. I would assume they have already re-tested anything they had with no luck. The original detective mentions that he believed a 16-year-old was the killer. A decade after the crime, apparently he confessed to his wife. However, there was not enough evidence to charge him. There was a mention that the seat in the car taken was moved forward, so the person was shorter. This would fall in line with a teenager. The detective also mentions keeping 3 details secret that only the killer would know. My assumption would be things that were taken along with Judith. Perhaps a specific blanket or stuffed animal?

Even after all these years, this crime can be solved with just the right piece of evidence.

Someone ALWAYS knows .....

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/obituaries/article44298930.html

Whitman became the first Jewish Miami police officer, spending six years as a homicide detective and leading the investigation into the infamous murder of a 6-year-old girl found raped and strangled in Coconut Grove.

Whitman had an idea about who murdered the girl, but never revealed the identity to the public. That person, he admitted in 2011, had already died. The case remains technically unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back