Jodi Arias recorded statements and interviews

nursebeeme

Reaction score
At the request of minor4th, here is a thread where you can post and discuss (as long as it stays on topic) Jodi Arias' statements and interviews.

I **love** this idea minor4th! where do we start discussing? <nurse rubs hands together>

eta: I also am thinking in the future we may have her direct testimony to compare and contrast! :moo:

I **love** this idea minor4th! where do we start discussing? <nurse rubs hands together>

eta: I also am thinking in the future we may have her direct testimony to compare and contrast! :moo:

Go ahead and discuss! That is all the videos of her statements I believe. I hope to goodness there is some direct testimony that we get to compare!

If anyone knows how to embed the youtube videos where it's cued to start at a certain point, please let me know how to do that.

transcript from jailhouse interview (sans backstory interjections)

2008 jail interview:

Q did you kill TA?

A: No absolutely not. I had no part in it

use of the word "absolutely" is a warning sign in statement analysis iirc

Q: So you have had nothing to do with Travis' death

A: nothing to do with it.

Jodi: "I would be shanking in my boots right now if I had to answer to God for such a heinous crime umm but I am very grateful that this is something I will never have to answer to. This is not one of those things that will be brought up. I have done many things. Things that are shameful ummm... but this is not one of them"

Jodi: "At the time I shook his hand and he said, "hi I'm Travis" and I said I am Jodi and it was one of many names I had to remember. He made it a point to keep walking next to me and keeping me engaged in conversation and just by the time we made it around to the big golden line in front of the lobby we just discovered a couple of common interests and that sort of thing. We hung out throughout the weekend and had a lot of fun. ummm exchanged phone numbers. It was one of those things where I didn't expect him to call ummmm but he called me the very next day"

I bet she called him would love to see the phone records on this

Jodi: He was the first person to share the gospel with me and gave me a copy of the book of Mormon and challenged me to read it and I did.

Q: Were you in love with Travis?

A: ummmm I think being in love and loving someone are two different things and there was a point in time where we were in love but it was short lived.

She cannot come out and say she loved him. Different than what the defense is trying to get the Freeman's to say
Q: why did you guys break up?

A: ummm there was a sort of a breach of trust in our relationship

in the early part of the trial in the phone conversation she tells the detective that they had an open relationship and didn't ask each other about who they were seeing on the side; see earlier interview

Q: on your part or his part?

A: both

Q: you guys couldn't move past it?

A: ummmm no we really couldn't move past it

SHE couldn't move past it... rage..and then killed him

Q: He was interested in different people, you were interested in different people how did you... (Jodi interrupts interviewer)

A: ..ummm..yeah we eventually did move on in that regard and I think that it was hard to fully move on because we continued to spend a little bit too much time together on occasion.

she doesn't want to answer this.. she HAD no one else.. she was obsessed with Travis and could not move on. The time spent together based on HLN friend interviews was forced on her part even so much that she moves to his hometown

jodi: "well this is a lot of forensics suggesting I was ummmm in his house and ummmm I need to be honest and the evidence is very compelling but none of it proves I committed a murder. None of it proves I committed a crime"

lots of umms.. very obvious she is lying her *advertiser censored* off

SHOW INSIDE EDITION CLIP: CHANGE IN STORY TO THE NINJAS

jodi: "I witnessed Travis being attacked by two other individuals"

Q: Who?

A: I don't know who they were. I couldn't pick them out in a police line up.

Q: So what happened?

A: Ummmmmm they came into his home and attacked us both

yeah okay

NEXT CHANGE OF THE STORY JULY 2010 WITH SELF DEFENCE/ JUSTIFICATION DEFENSE ADMITTING SHE KILLED HIM

in these documents Jodi claims that Travis attacked her when she dropped his camera and she acted in self defense claiming it was not the first time travis had been violent with her and that she was sexually and physically abused.

PLAYS INSIDE EDITION CLIP:

jodi: No jury will ever convict me

Q: why not?

jodi: because I am innocents and you can mark my words. No jury will ever convict me.

bbm and color change/underline: every time she says ummmm she a lie follows. something to watch for when she takes the stand.. she won't be able to control it just like Nurmi's okays.

Go ahead and discuss! That is all the videos of her statements I believe. I hope to goodness there is some direct testimony that we get to compare!

If anyone knows how to embed the youtube videos where it's cued to start at a certain point, please let me know how to do that.

You just advance it... for example if something happens at 34 minutes just advance it to that point...you can look at the url and it will reflect 34 minutes and just use that url HTMS

You just advance it... for example if something happens at 34 minutes just advance it to that point...you can look at the url and it will reflect 34 minutes and just use that url HTMS

Those are the url's I used. If you click the links they will start playing at exactly the right point. But doing it that way, it seems the url's are not compatible with the embed code .. or whatever the proper terminology is :)

Thank you nurse for transcribing that! I could watch these interviews over and over because they are so fascinating to see someone who we now know did actually commit these horrific, brutal acts against Travis. It is like watching someone who is not human.

The interviews that really bother me and cause a strong visceral disgust is when she is talking to 48 Hours. She is so damn coy and ..I don't even know the right word to use, but trying to act all shy and giggly about the sexual relationship and I don't even think they had any kind of relationship like that after they broke up. Now that we've gotten more information about the trips they took, and the way that Travis tried to distance himself from her from the time they "officially" broke up -- those trips were not romantic getaways and they weren't having sex. She just makes me ill.

I am going to go back in and highlight/color portions that i found telling so look back up at the transcribe.. I would hate to quote it as it is too long

she seems to say ummmmmmm right before a lie... (see my earlier transcription for colored portions)

she will not be able to control her umming on the stand..

it is like Nurmi's
okay

she seems to say ummmmmmm right before a lie... (see my earlier transcription for colored portions)

she will not be able to control her umming on the stand..

it is like Nurmi's
okay

Nice visual representation you did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member