GUILTY CA - Genelle Conway-Allen, 13, found strangled in Fairfield park, 31 Jan 2013

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Fairfield police confirmed tonight that they are investigating the discovery of a dead teenage girl found in Allan Witt Park this morning as a homicide.

Police confirmed that the victim is a teenager who was reported missing from Suisun City by a guardian after she did not return home from school Thursday.

( link )

I wonder what the COD is. It was ruled a homicide yet there was no signs of trauma to the body. I wonder what they are seeing to lead them to this conclusion so quickly. At least with it being a homicide they will investigate it thoroughly IMO.

I had to go to Fairfield yesterday. I saw the park with crime scene tape, police, and news trucks. Poor girl, I wonder what happened. Reports are that she was naked.

(no name associated yet)

Police know the girl's name, but they're not releasing it because they're still trying to contact her family. The mystery of this murder is already attracting people here.

Word of the young teenage girl found in this park brought Fairfield resident Lydia Leon and her family to the park on Friday night.

"Since we have kids of our own, just to think of what this poor girl might have gone through," said Leon.

Suisun City police say the girl in her early teens was reported missing Thursday evening around 5:30. About 12 hours later, her naked body was discovered in neighboring Fairfield at Allan Witt Park.

The case is now a homicide investigation, but police aren't sure how she died because there were no wounds indicating a cause of death. They say the girl lived in Suisun City but attended school in Fairfield. The girl's guardian reported her missing.

"They indicated she had last been seen in the morning getting on a bus to go to school, and normally she would return home around 4:20, she didn't, and that's when they became concerned," said Suisun City Police Cmdr. Tim Mattos.

Early on, police got a tip from witness Jack Davey who says he saw something strange as he drove by the park around 5 a.m.

"And I see a car parked in the parking lot facing our direction here, and there was a large man standing in front of it, just standing there. And it just looked odd to me," said Davey.

Police say there are two surveillance cameras on both ends of the park and what that camera captured could solve this case.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/north_bay&id=8977435

Fairfield crime scene investigators spent all of Friday at Allen Witt Park where the body of a teenage girl was found around sunrise.

Sgt. Rob Lenke of the Fairfield Police Department says a police officer was doing a security check of the park at about 6:45 a.m. when a person flagged him down and told him about the body.

Police say the girl was unclothed but did not show any apparent signs of trauma.

Late Friday, police told NBC Bay Area that the teenager was from Suisun City and had been reported missing Thursday by her guardian. Her name and exact age were not being released, but NBC Bay Area learned she was a middle school student in the Fairfield Unified School District.

Police said the girl went to school Thursday, but never made it home. Police is Suisun City searched for her Thursday night.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teenage-Girl-Found-Dead-in-Fairfield-Park-189427601.html

Lenke said there were no obvious signs of trauma to the victim when she was found. He said an autopsy was done Friday afternoon, but said he couldn’t release the exact cause of death because of the sensitivity of the case.

The girl was reported missing by her guardian at around 5:45 p.m. Thursday at a foster home, said Suisun City Police Cmdr. Tim Mattos. He said the department worked leads until midnight when officers hit a dead end and were contacted Friday morning by Fairfield police that the body in the park could be a match.

A man in the park flagged down an officer conducting a security patrol at 6:45 a.m. and reported a body in the parking lot in the rear of the park, near Woolner Avenue.

Mattos said the girl was last seen by the guardian getting on a school bus and confirmed that she was in class all day. She was expected home at 4:20 p.m. and never arrived, Mattos said. Because of the age of the victim and circumstances, Mattos said the department labeled the case a critical missing person.
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/c...ing-suisun-girl-found-dead-in-fairfield-park/

The girl was reportedly strangled. We found out this morning by a disheartening series of events that she went to middle school with my daughter two blocks from our house. We live on the outskirts of town in a small community separated from the actual city.

There is a newly built community park right next to the middle school, however the park where she was found was a few miles from here in the downtown area.

This morning, a news reporter's actions proved to us that as much as we think we're teaching our kids about safety, we can never be sure they are getting the message.

This morning, our 11 year old son, "A" was playing with friends at the community park next to the school. A reporter from a KTXL Fox 40 news was there interviewing kids about the murder of the young girl.

She approached our son and asked if he knew "G". The girl has been identified but to my knowledge, her name hasn't been released. Our son told us that he heard of her and said he knew the girl's friend. He only knew 'something happened at the park" and since the reporter asked about the girl, he thought something must've happened to her.

The reporter asked him if he had the friend's phone #. "A" said he had it stored in his cell phone but he'd left his phone at home. The reporter gave "A" her phone to use and told him to call home and ask someone to get the girl's # out of his cell phone. We saw a strange # on caller ID. My bf answered. "A" said "Dad, can you get my phone and give me a #?" This is when we realized he'd left without his phone and assumed he was using a friend's phone as he has done on occasion. House rule is that you take your phone when you leave the house. I heard my bf say "COME HOME".

In less than 2 minutes, "A" was in the house. Long story short...the reporter urged "A" to get a ride home with some man that was at the park with his son. The reporter followed the man's car to our house and was waiting across the street for "A" to come back outside with the #.

When "A' told us he'd gotten a ride home from someone and a reporter was outside waiting for him, we about died. My bf, "V", a police officer, went outside to deal with the reporter and find out what man "A" had gotten into the car with. The man was gone. "A" said it was his friend's dad. (Not ok).
The reporter was waiting across the street. When "V" got outside he asked her name and to see her credentials. She said "Why?". He said 'lady are you effin kidding me?" She saw nothing wrong with her actions and when "V" started walking toward her, she started walking backwards and had the nerve to say "I don't feel comfortable with you". He told her she had nothing to fear and told her he was a police officer. He reminded her that she had talked to our son without permission, urged him to get in the car with a stranger and was sitting outside our home, waiting for our child to come out with another minor's phone #.

I'm furious with her actions and shocked that our son was so trusting because she was a 'tv reporter'. I will identify her if its ok with the mods.

About the victim...she attended Green Valley Middle School. I don't know if her name starts with J or G. Our daughter spelled it with a G when she texted us a pic of her.

She was in foster care in Suisun City, which is only separated from Fairfield by railroad tracks. Although the cities are basically one big town, unless she got a ride from someone, she would have had to catch a city bus to/from school because it's too far to walk to Suisun from out here.

It has been mentioned that she sometimes cut class. Police say she wasn't known to be a runaway.

Her grandmother started a FB page when she went missing. I don't FB so I haven't seen it, however the link was sent to my sister on her page so I can get it if need be. Since she is now an unidentified murder victim I don't know if Mods would want identifying info posted here yet.

Mods...should I post the link??

Wasn't there another 13yr old girl, also found dead in a park, in the general area, maybe last summer? I think she was in a baseball field in Sacto suburb? I wonder if there is any connection?

The girl was reportedly strangled. We found out this morning by a disheartening series of events that she went to middle school with my daughter two blocks from our house. We live on the outskirts of town in a small community separated from the actual city.

There is a newly built community park right next to the middle school, however the park where she was found was a few miles from here in the downtown area.

This morning, a news reporter's actions proved to us that as much as we think we're teaching our kids about safety, we can never be sure they are getting the message.

This morning, our 11 year old son, "A" was playing with friends at the community park next to the school. A reporter from a KTXL Fox 40 news was there interviewing kids about the murder of the young girl.

She approached our son and asked if he knew "G". The girl has been identified but to my knowledge, her name hasn't been released. Our son told us that he heard of her and said he knew the girl's friend. He only knew 'something happened at the park" and since the reporter asked about the girl, he thought something must've happened to her.

The reporter asked him if he had the friend's phone #. "A" said he had it stored in his cell phone but he'd left his phone at home. The reporter gave "A" her phone to use and told him to call home and ask someone to get the girl's # out of his cell phone. We saw a strange # on caller ID. My bf answered. "A" said "Dad, can you get my phone and give me a #?" This is when we realized he'd left without his phone and assumed he was using a friend's phone as he has done on occasion. House rule is that you take your phone when you leave the house. I heard my bf say "COME HOME".

In less than 2 minutes, "A" was in the house. Long story short...the reporter urged "A" to get a ride home with some man that was at the park with his son. The reporter followed the man's car to our house and was waiting across the street for "A" to come back outside with the #.

When "A' told us he'd gotten a ride home from someone and a reporter was outside waiting for him, we about died. My bf, "V", a police officer, went outside to deal with the reporter and find out what man "A" had gotten into the car with. The man was gone. "A" said it was his friend's dad. (Not ok).
The reporter was waiting across the street. When "V" got outside he asked her name and to see her credentials. She said "Why?". He said 'lady are you effin kidding me?" She saw nothing wrong with her actions and when "V" started walking toward her, she started walking backwards and had the nerve to say "I don't feel comfortable with you". He told her she had nothing to fear and told her he was a police officer. He reminded her that she had talked to our son without permission, urged him to get in the car with a stranger and was sitting outside our home, waiting for our child to come out with another minor's phone #.

I'm furious with her actions and shocked that our son was so trusting because she was a 'tv reporter'. I will identify her if its ok with the mods.

The NERVE of that woman ! I would have been livid. Your husband showed great restraint ---good for him. I am sure he learned that on the job. But he must have been so angry, knowing what he sees on the streets.

I hope it was a good learning experience for your son. He did many 'right' things--like coming home when he was told to. And since he knew the kid, he assumed the Dad was OK to ride with. It is hard to explain to kids that it is not always that way--even though compared to riding with a stranger, it is the lesser of 2 evils. Our poor kids---so complicated for them these days.

The NERVE of that woman ! I would have been livid. Your husband showed great restraint ---good for him. I am sure he learned that on the job. But he must have been so angry, knowing what he sees on the streets.

I hope it was a good learning experience for your son. He did many 'right' things--like coming home when he was told to. And since he knew the kid, he assumed the Dad was OK to ride with. It is hard to explain to kids that it is not always that way--even though compared to riding with a stranger, it is the lesser of 2 evils. Our poor kids---so complicated for them these days.
Katydid, thanks for your comforting words. Yes "V" did show great restraint. He has been a cop for 20 yrs. and has more patience than I can begin to understand. I stayed inside to #1, talk to our son and #2, keep from committing an assault and battery in the presence of a police officer.

The first thing I said was "what is the rule about talking to strangers?" and the tears came pouring down. I said "sweetheart, do you know why that reporter is asking about that little girl?" He said "I think so". So I told him a girl was killed and left at another park across town. I assumed the reporter was at our neighborhood park because it's new and you can always find kids there. Well, turns out, the reporter told him stuff we didn't know. HE told us she went to Green Valley Middle School. That info hadn't been released yet.
That also angered me. He goes to a nearby elementary school and is afraid to go to school now. She had no business talking to him without consent about something so traumatizing. Her name is Marin Austin, Fox TV- Sacramento.

You made me feel a lot better. Our son was being a kid. He told his dad later that "Jake's dad" brought him home. We don't know Jake and told him he is not allowed to get in ANYBODY'S car without our permission. Hopefully he understands stranger danger includes everybody other than the list of people we gave him today.

I think 11 and 12 are such difficult ages for our kids. They are 'grown' but yet not really. They make great and responsible decisions, and then do something silly, in the next moment. It is a really intense learning curve because they are supposed to learn independence and autonomy but they are going to make mistakes. Your son was swept up in an unusual situation and was trying to make responsible choices under a stressful situation. Reporters are professional manipulators---it is their job to convince people to do things and open up. So your son was up against a huge challenge. She should have never gone after a minor like that. Pathetic.

Wasn't there another 13yr old girl, also found dead in a park, in the general area, maybe last summer? I think she was in a baseball field in Sacto suburb? I wonder if there is any connection?
Great memory you have...yes, it was Jessica Funk-Haslam
CA-13 yr old Jessica Funk-Haslam found dead in park - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In the recent case, the body was dumped in a park in an open parking lot. Allen Witt Park has 2 entrances. The main entrance is on West Texas St. From that entrance, you can turn right and go to the enclosed swimming pool, a gym, tennis courts and 2 of the 4 baseball/softball diamonds . There are 2 small parking areas that dead end there.

If you turn to the left from the entrance, you can drive all the way around the park in an "L" formation. The top of the "L" would be the exit/entrance at the other side of the park. That area has a big, open parking lot because it is where the largest picnic area of the park is. There is a big covered gazebo where the homeless have been living for years. We used to have our annual family picnics there until the homeless became permanent residents.

From the gazebo at night, you have a clear view of the parking lot, but from the parking lot you can't see under the gazebo. Long time Fairfield residents know that. According to a witness, the body was dumped in the open lot. Either he wasn't from here or not a native. He would've known there were people in the park.

I hope there were some witnesses that can describe the car. Maybe they can then pick it up on some cameras around town. If he dumped her at 5 am then it might be possible to see the car on a bank camera somewhere, since there wouldnt be that much traffic out.

That article says they are looking at surrounding businesses for their video cams. I bet they will be able to see the car since it was at 5 am-ish. Not that many other cars out and so maybe they can get a tag #.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back