Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
Tonia Gail Aldrich, missing since March 29, 1997 from Elyria, Ohio

aldrich_tonia.jpg
aldrich_tonia2.jpg
aldrich_tonia3.jpg

Height: 5'0"
Weight 103 - 110 lbs
Brown hair, Brown eyes. Tattoo of panda bear on right shoulder and possibly tattoo of star on left shoulder. Ears and navel pierced.

The night of her disappearance, Tonia left Chris's Bar on Clark Street in Elyria walking towards Concord Street.

Her brother continues to look for her. An article appeared in the local paper marking the 15th anniversary of her disappearance:

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/...for-news-about-missing-sister-15-years-later/

She took medication to prevent seizures. Woodburn said his sister’s medication and belongings were left in the middle of the night at his mother’s doorstep on the night she disappeared. Their mother took them inside, not thinking they indicated a problem. Woodburn said he called police several days later when he went to his mother’s house and learned Aldrich never returned for her stuff.

Tonia's page at Charley Project:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/aldrich_tonia.html

20 years this month. Little hope-sorry to say.

Cold Cases | Not forgotten: Tonia Aldrich | wkyc.com
It’s been almost 22 years since Tonia Aldrich of Elyria was last seen.

ea5b6fb9-2183-4db5-8e4b-2e7ff3fa918a_1920x1080.jpg

ELYRIA, Ohio — Richard Woodburn just wants a funeral.

He’s not consumed with revenge or knowing who may have killed his little sister.

He’s past all that.

"It's been eating me up for 22 years…not a day goes by that I don't think about her,” he said.

It’s been almost 22 years since Tonia Aldrich of Elyria was last seen. For Woodburn, it’s time to bury the past and his sister.

"I love her and I miss her,” he said. “I know somebody knows what happened to her. This ain't my claim to fame. I want to find out what happened to my sister is the bottom line.”

Tonia was a single mother at 39 when she stepped out of a Clark Street tavern and into the early morning darkness, never to be seen or heard from again.

Her home was a short, quarter-mile walk away, but only her purse made to there. The date: March 29,1997.

Elyria police have investigated possible suspects, but without a crime scene and without a body, their case has stalled.

“Right now, things have come up very cold,” said police Capt. Chris Costantino. “We haven’t gotten any types of information in quite a few years.

"The family deserves some closure and understanding and quite frankly, Tonia deserves, you know, a proper burial, if that's what in fact happened."

Cheri Van Wormer was Tonia’s close friend, sharing karaoke songs and family events. She holds hope that Tonia is alive, but she also knows she wouldn’t just walk away forever.

"It's all very crazy because…the wondering is the hardest ….the wonder…your mind just goes in every direction of what could've happened," Van Wormer said.

Richard Woodburn said he’s not interested in “street justice” or criminal charges. Tonia was spunky, never afraid to speak her mind, he said.

He said he simply was a tip, some clue, as to where his sister may be. No questions asked, he said.

"It hurts me to my heart not knowing,” he said. “All I want to do is find her body, give her a decent funeral, and life goes on. I can accept that and be done with it."

Anyone with information may do so anonymously by calling Elyria police at 440-323-3302 or Richard Woodburn’s cell phone at 440-365-8181.

• tonia_gay_aldrich_1.jpg
  • tonia_gay_aldrich_2.jpg
  • tonia_gay_aldrich_3.jpg
Aldrich, circa 1997
  • Missing Since 03/29/1997
  • Missing From Elyria, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/06/1959 (64)
  • Age 38 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 110 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a t-shirt, blue or black pants, a black zip-up hooded sweatshirt and sneakers.

• Medical Conditions Aldrich may have depressed at the time of her disappearance. She is supposed to take daily medication to prevent seizures, and doesn't have it with her.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Aldrich has a tattoo of a panda bear on her right shoulder and she may have a small tattoo of a star on her left shoulder. Her ears and navel are pierced. Her maiden name is Woodburn. She wears eyeglasses for reading. Aldrich has had the toenails removed from the big toes on both feet, and she has previously broken her finger.

Details of Disappearance​

Aldrich was last seen on March 29, 1997 in Elyria, Ohio. She was at Chris's Place, a bar on Clark Street, at the time of her disappearance. Aldrich left the bar at 2:00 a.m., near closing time, and walked east on Clark Street towards Concord Avenue. She has never been heard from again.

The same night Aldrich disappeared, her purse was found on her mother's doorstep with her medicine inside it. Her mother took them inside, not realizing there was a problem. Aldrich's brother reported her missing several days later when he dropped by their mother's house and found out she'd never returned to pick up her belongings.

Prior to her disappearance, Aldrich kept in regular touch with her brother's wife, speaking to her three to five times a week. She would always tell her family members whenever she went anywhere. After late March 1997, she never contacted her loved ones again.

Foul play is suspected in Aldrich's disappearance; she hasn't used her credit cards, Social Security number or driver's license since 1997. Her brother stated she liked to sing and enjoyed going to karaoke nights at bars. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Elyria Police Department
  • 440-326-1205
  • 440-323-3302

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 1, 2012; picture added, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back