VA - High School Students Accused in Child Exploitation Ring

hollye

Reaction score
3 West Springfield High School students arrested, accused of running child exploitation ring

u7ehe8yt.jpg

"The boys are accused of getting teenage girls drunk and making sex tapes. The tapes were made sometimes after the girls had passed out.

The accused teenagers were arrested at West Springfield High School on January 11. One of them is 15 years old. The other two are 16 years old.

Fairfax County police say the accused students victimized six local teenage high school girls in an online *advertiser censored* distribution ring. Some of the girls attended West Springfield High School."

"The teenage boys are charged with possession, reproduction, distribution, solicitation and facilitation of child *advertiser censored*."

http://wap.myfoxdc.com/w/main/story/84100719/#

I am in shock! This the high school I graduated from and still know many students at.

Sad...Just found out that 2 of the boys went to the school my mom taught at and were honor students.

This is in my neck of the woods. And these are known as decent high schools. I think such behavior is becoming more and more widespread, unfortunately.

Police continue to investigate alleged *advertiser censored* production involving Fairfax students

Fairfax County police are continuing to investigate allegations that three West Springfield High School students filmed themselves engaged in drunken sex acts with at least six juvenile girls.

The three boys — two 16-year-olds and a 15-year-old — were arrested at school on Jan. 11, according to police and school officials. They have been charged with possession and distribution of child *advertiser censored*.

The boys, who police have not identified publicly because they are juveniles, allegedly hosted parties with girls who were students at West Springfield, Robinson Secondary and Lake Braddock Secondary schools.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f18-11e2-8b8d-e0b59a1b8e2a_story.html?hpid=z3​

We're house shopping, and this high school pyramid is an area we are looking at, based on the good reviews. Just goes to show how widespread such things are these days. :(

We're house shopping, and this high school pyramid is an area we are looking at, based on the good reviews. Just goes to show how widespread such things are these days. :(

Belimom, it is overall a very nice area, and the area that at least 2 of the boys live in is one of the nicest that feeds into this high school. Peer pressure is so strong these days and social media is prevalent that I think these kids are just not thinking about the repercussions of their actions. It scares me to think of what things are going to be like when my kindergartener and preschooler are high school age. This is my high school and it is hard to imagine this happening there...now granted, I graduated a quarter of a decade ago from there, but I don't feel completely removed from this area and still live within 10 minutes.

BTW, if you'd like any info on the area, feel free to ask.

I question the prudence of the child *advertiser censored* charges. Charges which can result in these kids becoming RSOs.

I think these kids are just not thinking about the repercussions of their actions.
I agree. Moreover, this is, in part, why we have age of consent laws. That is, a child is not in a position to consent to have sex with an adult bc they aren't yet fully cognizant of the repercussions. There are of course, other issues involved wrt AoC laws, such as coercion, power differentials, etc.

Belimom, it is overall a very nice area, and the area that at least 2 of the boys live in is one of the nicest that feeds into this high school. Peer pressure is so strong these days and social media is prevalent that I think these kids are just not thinking about the repercussions of their actions. It scares me to think of what things are going to be like when my kindergartener and preschooler are high school age. This is my high school and it is hard to imagine this happening there...now granted, I graduated a quarter of a decade ago from there, but I don't feel completely removed from this area and still live within 10 minutes.

BTW, if you'd like any info on the area, feel free to ask.

Thanks - I may do that. We're only about 15 minutes away (without traffic). We have some good friends over that way, a block or two from WS High School. We really love the area we're at, though... But thanks for the offer - I'll keep it in mind. :)

I question the prudence of the child *advertiser censored* charges. Charges which can result in these kids becoming RSOs.

Can a 'child' be charged with making 'child *advertiser censored*'? I guess so... They are all minors. The larger issue for me, though, is that reportedly one of the girls was passed out. That's an entirely different story. I think LE is looking into it and may up the charges to rape if true. :furious:

No sympathy for them here---high school is CERTAINLY old enough to know this is wrong. If they don't they were raised by wolves. Wait---wolves probably raise their children better.

Basically if you're a woman, you can't go anywhere unless you're in a group you trust anymore.

Here's an interesting editorial about this case and the sexting/sex photos of today's youth. It's an interesting read.

bbm

Teenage quest for fame produces scary consequences

What do you think kids want most in life today? Money? Marriage? Adventure? A cool job? Spiritual fulfillment? Nope.

“Quantitative analysis revealed that fame was the number one value, selected as the most important value for participants’ future goals,” according to a study done by psychology professors at the University of California at Los Angeles.....

....In 1997, the top five were community feeling, benevolence (being kind and helping others), image, tradition and self-acceptance. In 2007, benevolence dropped to the 12th spot and community feeling fell to 11th.

This is echoed in studies done by psychologists and pollsters across the country.

And what better way for boys to get famous on campus than by making sex tapes?

More at http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f0a-11e2-8b8d-e0b59a1b8e2a_story.html?hpid=z4

This case goes to trial today. Although I believe sexting in this case or any case is a crime if it was not consensual (either the sex acts or the photos/distribution), the lack of legislation is really something that has to be dealt with. I thought the following quote for a state delegate was very insightful:

Teen ‘sexting’ case goes to trial in Fairfax County

.....“Every time we try to write a carve-out for this specific situation, we just give the true sex predator a road map on how to commit a crime,” said Del. David B. Albo (R-Fairfax). “You cannot make a mistake when you are drafting this type of bill. The stakes are too high.”....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b768-a6b7-11e2-b029-8fb7e977ef71_story_1.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back