712 users online (94 members and 618 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 123 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

PA - Sarah Majoras, 39, New Hope, 27 January 2013 #2

Gathering to remember New Hope Sarah Majoras in Lambertville - Saturday, February 02, 2013

Majoras had gone missing in the early morning hours on Jan. 26 after leaving John and Peter’s bar where she was out with friends. Majoras also worked as a bartender at the local hotspot.

Her body was recovered from the D&R canal on Wednesday shortly after one of her boots was spotted floating in the canal.

Officials do not suspect foul play in Majoras’ death and are calling it a tragic accident. It remains unclear as to how the 39-year-old ended up in the canal.

Please note: we do not yet have the official cause of death. You may speculate evidence you can link up regarding whether you feel it is an accident or not. You may not accuse LE of not doing their job or start questioning if this person or that is responsible for her death. If the situation changes and the rules change with it, we will let you know.

Thank you for keeping the conversation open. We all want just want the truth to be the solution to this case.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/articl...e939157721.txt

Friends and family will hold a memorial gathering in Lambertville for Sarah Majoras this weekend.

The gathering is set for 5 p.m. Saturday in the Lambertville Station parking lot, according to the Remember Sarah Majoras Facebook page.

I'm curious if anyone knows how they make a determination between injuries consistent with accident or foul play.
    If she hit her head would it look different than if someone hit her? If she has bruises will they know how they got there?

Say she's walking through the parking lot. Someone grabs her. She fights them. They get angry because she's seen them and pushes her in.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Pirplegrl View Post
    I'm curious if anyone knows how they make a determination between injuries consistent with accident or foul play.
    If she hit her head would it look different than if someone hit her? If she has bruises will they know how they got there?

Say she's walking through the parking lot. Someone grabs her. She fights them. They get angry because she's seen them and pushes her in.
    Sometimes I think I'm going to take a forensics class so I can learn about this too. I'm scared that the information I get from watching "Bones" is just a bunch of hooey ever since they said they don't grow Weeping Lovegrass in North America, which isn't true.

But I would "think" that because of the icy conditions in the water, they would be able to document any defensive wounds and the like? Maybe you and I could spend more time in the Trial forum on WS and learn more about these things. :kimsterwink:

I want to thank Jmoose for bringing up the phone as I clearly missed this the first time I read it. Tells us a couple things in that it had to be some type of smart phone and LE used it to track her. I see we have nice new digs today Thanks, Kimster

Majoras’ boyfriend reported her missing Saturday. Authorities said she was walking home from John and Peter’s about 2 a.m. that morning. Using surveillance cameras and tracking her cellphone records, investigators pieced together her last steps. She crossed the free bridge into Lambertville and turned north onto Lambert Lane. They believe she somehow ended up going into the canal somewhere in the vicinity of Coryell Street.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...636cede4e.html
    As I walk through this wicked world, searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. I ask myself--Is all hope lost? Is there only pain and hatred, and misery? And each time I feel like this inside, There's one thing I wanna know: What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Nick Lowe

HALEIGH, LISA, ALIAYAH & ALL THE MISSING NEED US

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Sometimes I think I'm going to take a forensics class so I can learn about this too. I'm scared that the information I get from watching "Bones" is just a bunch of hooey ever since they said they don't grow Weeping Lovegrass in North America, which isn't true.

But I would "think" that because of the icy conditions in the water, they would be able to document any defensive wounds and the like? Maybe you and I could spend more time in the Trial forum on WS and learn more about these things. :kimsterwink:
    Thank you for the suggestion! I will meander over there.

You'd think I'd know how to bring posts over but not really from Terrortag:Could we ever know the reason for that? It may not be the usual route that her family/friends knew, but that doesn't mean she never went that way.

Out of curiosity, do you think her walking down a different path to normal suggests something other than an accident occurred? And if so, what suggests that? I can't imagine she would have chosen to walk that way because she knew or expected somebody to be waiting there with the intent of harming her, so if she was on that towpath I would think it was purely because of a choice that, as I said, we can now never know. ....snip...

bbm I wish I knew the answer and I think if we had the answer to this question, a lot of people would have some truth about what happened. IMO, its possible that she either heard or saw something that might have made her uncomfortable and caused her to deviate from her route. I've heard her described as smart, reliable etc and its a walk she made countless times over the years. Or maybe someone called for help and she went that way. There are infinite possibilities but I doubt we will ever learn exactly what happened and that is what is going to keep this case nagging at many people's brains. Its a heartbreaker no matter how you look at it.
    As I walk through this wicked world, searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. I ask myself--Is all hope lost? Is there only pain and hatred, and misery? And each time I feel like this inside, There's one thing I wanna know: What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Nick Lowe

I was trying to research this and I think if there were injuries evident, they wouldn't be so quick to say tragic accident. But even if there are, like the freaks who push people in front of trains, were in not for cameras would we ever know?

Thank you for the suggestion! I will meander over there.
    There's also a Resource Center that has a lot of sleuthing tips in it. Not sure about this one, but I think I will ask and see what happens.

Here's a link to that forum: Websleuth's Resource Center - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Helplessly Hoping View Post
    You'd think I'd know how to bring posts over but not really from Terrortag:Could we ever know the reason for that? It may not be the usual route that her family/friends knew, but that doesn't mean she never went that way..
    Unless someone close to her came forward with strong conviction stating that SM would NEVER take the towpath North of Coryell because ... (she was attacked by a dog there once, or she almost fell in once, or whatever), we can't rule out that she chose to take that path on her on.

If LE could show aerial photos showing that indeed there was a difference in the ice appearance from above that shows the point of entrance into the canal, I would accept it.

If LE can explain the strange man's behavior and presence, I would accept it.

I am not suggesting that LE is not doing their jobs, I just hope that their job includes fully explaining the accident so that people (like me) won't be afraid to walk down the street alone in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Unless someone close to her came forward with strong conviction stating that SM would NEVER take the towpath North of Coryell because ... (she was attacked by a dog there once, or she almost fell in once, or whatever), we can't rule out that she chose to take that path on her on.

If LE could show aerial photos showing that indeed there was a difference in the ice appearance from above that shows the point of entrance into the canal, I would accept it.

If LE can explain the strange man's behavior and presence, I would accept it.

I am not suggesting that LE is not doing their jobs, I just hope that their job includes fully explaining the accident so that people (like me) won't be afraid to walk down the street alone in the evening.
    bbm~thing is we do. Joe Ujj, a long-time friend of Sarah Majoras, says, “Do I think my friend slipped and fell into the canal? No we don’t slip in the canal, but weirder things happen. We all want to think how could that happen? How could Sarah slip and fall? She doesn’t walk the canal – no girl would walk the canal at 2 in the morning…It’s still a question, it’s still a mystery, and if that is going to remain the answer, then I think a lot of us are going to have to deal with it. But, it’s better than a violent answer.”
    http://nj1015.com/sarah-majoras-deat...picious-audio/

I am with you on the aerial photos and the strange guy on Lambert? I think LE will have to address all of these things and very specifically.

Just food for thought - here's a pic of a frozen canal that had thawed and refroze - notice the look of the ice. You can see the different colors in the ice. If LE is suggesting that SM fell into the canal, broke the ice and then it refroze over the hole, the ice should be able to show it:

Ice patterns on a frozen canal | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

bbm~thing is we do. Joe Ujj, a long-time friend of Sarah Majoras, says, “Do I think my friend slipped and fell into the canal? No we don’t slip in the canal, but weirder things happen. We all want to think how could that happen? How could Sarah slip and fall? She doesn’t walk the canal – no girl would walk the canal at 2 in the morning…It’s still a question, it’s still a mystery, and if that is going to remain the answer, then I think a lot of us are going to have to deal with it. But, it’s better than a violent answer.”
    http://nj1015.com/sarah-majoras-deat...picious-audio/

I am with you on the aerial photos and the strange guy on Lambert? I think LE will have to address all of these things and very specifically.
    I still don't think she walked the canal. I can not get past it. I think she walked over the bridge and something happened between stepping off Lambert and getting over that bridge.

I wish I knew the answer and I think if we had the answer to this question, a lot of people would have some truth about what happened. IMO, its possible that she either heard or saw something that might have made her uncomfortable and caused her to deviate from her route. I've heard her described as smart, reliable etc and its a walk she made countless times over the years. Or maybe someone called for help and she went that way. There are infinite possibilities but I doubt we will ever learn exactly what happened and that is what is going to keep this case nagging at many people's brains. Its a heartbreaker no matter how you look at it.
    I totally understand your reasoning that she could have walked another way because she saw something that made her uncomfortable, and in that respect taking another route might suggest something other than an accident. I questioned to myself whether someone feeling they were followed would deviate from their path or not, but didn't think about seeing something unsettling in front of you and turning another way, which your post just made me think of.

(Also, to clarify: my questioning of why you found the alternate route suspicious wasn't meant to sound harsh. I was honestly, simply curious as to your opinions on it, so thanks for your answers!)

Agree that it a clear answer may not come to light, and it's a shame for those close to Sarah if it leaves them feeling unanswered about this. I really wonder what further results from LE will say.

Page 1 of 123 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast