GUILTY TX - Noted sniper Chris Kyle & Chad Littlefield slain at Erath County gun range

Info from @JasonWhitely:

#BREAKING: Sniper Chris Kyle and another were shot point-blank at a gun range near Glen Rose while helping a solider recover from PTSD.

#BREAKING: Sniper Chris Kyle is the author of a best selling book called "American Sniper." He's credited w/ 255 confirmed kills.

Shootings took place near Glen Rose in Erath County.

Suspect in custody. Suspect is a 25 year old former Marine from Midlothian. Said to have been arrested in Lancaster.

ETA: 255 confirmed kills is a possible typo. See January 2012 DMN article linked below which cites 150+ Pentagon confirmed kills.

Deadliest sniper in U.S. military history is 'shot and killed point-blank by veteran suffering from PTSD' at Texas gun range

A former Navy Seal, expert sniper and best-selling author was reportedly gunned down at a Texas shooting range Saturday by a veteran who is recovering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested roughly five hours later in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase. He was driving Kyle's truck at the time of the arrest, police said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ering-PTSD-Texas-gun-range.html#ixzz2Jp8fBp2W

I am stunned. My son is enlisting in the Marines and Chris Kyle is his hero. Of all the ways he could have died, he died like this.

I am so saddened to learn that Chris has been killed.

He is a hero to all of our family.

We all bought his best selling book "American Sniper' and he autographed each one for us.

He wrote a special heartfelt paragraph to our son who served proudly in the Marine Corps for many years.

He truly is a true Amercian hero.

He did not want to be remembered as the Deadliest Sniper in the World but to be remembered as the man who saved and protected the countless lives of the guys he served with and loved.

A hero has just entered Heaven. God bless.

imo

I really feel for his wife! She has been through a lot with his 4 tours and now she's a single mom.

I do hope that because he was the so-called "deadliest sniper", that at the very least the murder is looked at from the standpoint of a terrorist act also--who the shooter associated with, received money from, etc. You just never know.

....and I'm not a paranoid person, but it is within the realm of a terrorist group to recruit someone here to carry out something like this.

Post number two indicates the pair were killed at the shooting range "while helping a soldier recover from PTSD." Is that correct??

Yes, that's what's being reported. Seems odd to me that therapy for PTSD would involve guns, but hey.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

RIP Chris. A truly American Hero. Prayers to his family/friends. He will be greatly missed.

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Deadliest sniper in U.S. military history is 'shot and killed
point-blank by veteran suffering from PTSD' at Texas gun range
(Sunday Mail)
---
Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested roughly five hours later in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase. He was driving Kyle's truck at the time of the arrest, police said.
---
much more, with pictures, at the link above
---
Officer Kyle Roberts at the Erath County Jail said Routh arrived there Sunday morning and is being held on a combined $3 million bond — bond for one charge of capital murder was set at $1 million and bond for two charges of murder was $1 million each. Roberts did not have information on whether Routh had a lawyer.
---
Craft International, Kyle's security training company, had scheduled a $2,950-per-person civilian training event at Rough Creek Lodge called the "Rough Creek Shoot Out!" for March 1-3. The price included lodging, meals and shooting instruction. Kyle was scheduled to teach the first class, called "precision rifle."
---
and more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/reports-author-kyle-fatally-shot-gun-range

Not to offend anyone but when our government trains and hires folks to kill this is probably a reasonably expected outcome.. Sad

I would like more details on how this was supposed to help the killer recover from PTSD...

Such irony - the world-class distance sniper shot at point-blank range. Still - this having taken the PTSD victim to the gun range as therapy, if that's the case, boggles the mind. One gets the feeling there's more to this story, somehow.

Lengthy and thorough CNN article:

Ex-Navy sniper killed at Texas gun range
---
Routh, a former Marine, is believed to have left the service in 2010, a U.S. military official said Sunday. The official had no information on where Routh served or whether he took part in combat. The official spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the situation.

Routh's public records show he previously lived at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.
---
In an interview with Time magazine last year, Kyle defended his decision to write a book despite the secretive nature of the SEAL world.

"It's kind of frowned on," he told the magazine. "But I'm not trying to glorify myself. I didn't want to put the number of kills I had in there. I wanted to get it out about the sacrifices military families have to make."
---
He recently spoke out against weapons bans. In a video interview with guns.com, Kyle accused President Barack Obama of being "against the Second Amendment."
---
much more at the link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson