California preschool closes amid reports of sexual activity among 5-yr-old children

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Lutheran school closes as stunned parents learn of ' sexual activity between their 5-year-old children' (Sunday Mail)
A California preschool is closing after parents allegedly discovered sexual activity between 4- and 5-year-od students.

Students enrolled in preschool at the First Lutheran Church of Carson School engaged in oral sex in a variety of places, including during naptime, in the tunnel slide on the playground, and in an outside bathroom, according to attorney Greg Owen, who represents the alleged victims.

'It all boils down to a lack of supervision,' Owen said. 'There were times when teachers would let aides in the room for hours at a time to watch the kids. During naptime, the aides would be sleeping and the children would have been molesting each other during this time.'
---
'There's no way I can just take my son to another school and be that parent that just lets a predator loose,' parent Richard McCarthy said. 'How else do you explain it?'

Other parents say they have the same concern now that their children have been exposed to sexual behavior.

'Parents are saying, 'My child is now a predator. Now how can I let him go to another school?'' Owen said. 'I have talked to three of the parents who have not been able to, but I would think there are schools around.'
---
much more at link above

I hope they are looking into who taught that 5 year old girl about oral sex.

They need to be very, very careful with this so that it does not turn into a witch hunt like those cases back in the early 80s. Innocent lives can be ruined. Both adult and children.

Why do the aides sleep when they're supposed to watch the kids?

I hope they are looking into who taught that 5 year old girl about oral sex.

Hmmm, I really wonder about this story. Is the media/lawyer making a sensational story out of kids who are curious and who are discovering the difference between boys and girls at this age. I teach this age group and every year, we end up with someone who does the old " I will show you mine if you show me yours". Kids at this age are curious, especially those who come from only child families, or a family of all girls, or a family from all boys. Once an incident like this happens, I talk to the children involved, we talk about the only people to see your "no zone parts" are your parents during bath time or your doctor with your parents present. I talk to the parents involved and ask them to also review the talk on "no zone parts".

For the media/lawyer calling this oral sex????? really, Im guessing the girl touched the boys penis, I chalk this up to curiosity. Making a huge deal out of a curious touch is making this worse and traumatizing for the children.

I could be wrong and if this girl was truly performing "an oral sex" act on a boy, then yes, child protective services needs to step in, remove the child from her home and find out how and why this girl is performing such acts.

"The media" is doing nothing more than reporting what the lawyer for some of the families is saying. Not sure how they would go about investigating the case further as I'm sure that those involved on the school side won't talk. Not sure how this story would be reported at all if not as it has been. The school closed - answers are demanded. It's the media's job to provide them.

Something messed up is going on at home.

Maybe, but not necessarily.

I know from personal experience that 5-year-olds can experiment without having been abused by adults. (And no harm necessarily comes of it, though that is NOT an excuse for leaving young children unsupervised!)

And calling kindergarten students "predators" is an abuse of the English language.

Maybe, but not necessarily.

I know from personal experience that 5-year-olds can experiment without having been abused by adults. (And no harm necessarily comes of it, though that is NOT an excuse for leaving young children unsupervised!)

And calling kindergarten students "predators" is an abuse of the English language.

These parents who have called their child a "predator" in the media have obviously been tainted by the lawyer, who is trying to make a mountain of money and a mountain out of what is probably just a case of a curious kindergartener.

Authorities and parents need to talk to the children and find out where they saw or learned about this behavior or if they just stumbled on it while investigating due to curiousity. The children need to be talked to by their parents and maybe a doctor or counselor and have it explained to them about good touches and bad touches and what is appropriate behavior and what isn't. They should be told that they are to keep their private parts private, only to be seen by parents at bath time or by a doctor for a needed exam with parent present. They should not call a 5 year old a predator, a label the child doesn't need or even understand. Instead give the child some firm guidelines and help the child move on. Tell the child to report any inappropriate activity or approaches to a parent. Other than that, move forward and don't make the whole thing a big deal in the child's eyes so the child won't be traumatized.

Did CPS get called in to question kids and arrange the physical exams? Hopefully they will figure out which one started it, and see who has been sexualizing that kid. I talked to a child behaviorist once and he said kids who do that won't stop right away and they have to be closely watched around other kids because it can happen so quickly.

Authorities and parents need to talk to the children and find out where they saw or learned about this behavior or if they just stumbled on it while investigating due to curiousity. The children need to be talked to by their parents and maybe a doctor or counselor and have it explained to them about good touches and bad touches and what is appropriate behavior and what isn't. They should be told that they are to keep their private parts private, only to be seen by parents at bath time or by a doctor for a needed exam with parent present. They should not call a 5 year old a predator, a label the child doesn't need or even understand. Instead give the child some firm guidelines and help the child move on. Tell the child to report any inappropriate activity or approaches to a parent. Other than that, move forward and don't make the whole thing a big deal in the child's eyes so the child won't be traumatized.

Good advice

About the good touch/bad touch, I have learned through direct experience with children that were sexually abused NOT to call touches good or bad. Most children have a hard time determining if it was a good touch or a bad touch...but really what is a good touch when it comes to private parts? We were instructed to explain to her that any body part that her bikini bathing suit covered was a "no zone" and absolutely no one is allowed to see or touch those zones. No one is allowed to ask to see her no zone, unless her parents were there with her (such as being at the doctor). If anyone broke the no zone rule, she was to yell NO NO NO repeatedly and she was to go and tell the adult in charge, parent, principal, teacher etc.

AND nobody would be calling my child a predator or even saying the word predator in regards to my child...these parents need to give their head a shake. With parents calling their children predators in the media....it is no wonder why we have so many troubled kids out there today.

Preschool Closure: Father Claims Lewd Acts on Son at Day-Care
KTLA - Los Angeles

snip

"Richard McCarthy says he was contacted by Child Protective Services in October about the incident at First Lutheran Church of Carson.

“Child Protective Services shows up with a sworn statement from an adult who witnessed the incident, that found her performing oral sex on my son,” McCarthy said."

Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/02/father-c...n-son-at-carson-day-care/#z38Oo4PgXFiCoUJe.99

So, this alledgedly took place last October (or before) and its just coming to the news now? And the preschool just recently notified the parents that the preschool would close? And, this father Richard McCarthy was aware of it last October and kept his child in the school until now? But, he says his child is a predator? $omething is $crewy (pardon the expression).

Preschool Closure: Father Claims Lewd Acts on Son at Day-Care
KTLA - Los Angeles

snip

"Richard McCarthy says he was contacted by Child Protective Services in October about the incident at First Lutheran Church of Carson.

“Child Protective Services shows up with a sworn statement from an adult who witnessed the incident, that found her performing oral sex on my son,” McCarthy said."

Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/02/father-c...n-son-at-carson-day-care/#z38Oo4PgXFiCoUJe.99

So, this alledgedly took place last October (or before) and its just coming to the news now? And the preschool just recently notified the parents that the preschool would close? And, this father Richard McCarthy was aware of it last October and kept his child in the school until now? But, he says his child is a predator? $omething is $crewy (pardon the expression).

I agree something is not right.

Also in the first link of the 1st post, there is a pic of a written statement....in it it states "two children were left out of the classroom and had sexual contact"

so, was it just a curious touch that the lawyer twisted around to calling it oral sex?

What is the father thinking of allowing the media to post his own pic and his first and last name in the national media while he calls his son a predator......UGGGGHHHHHH WAKE UP, now his son will be labeled with that term (that his own father gave him). What happened to not allowing the parents name to protect the child. I think this dad is looking for a lawsuit at his sons expense.

Carson preschool sex case: Mother of girl speaks out - Exclusive

KABCTV - Los Angeles
Sunday, February 03, 2013
Elex Michaelson

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- "The mother of a little girl at the center of a shocking story of sexual activity (hyperbolic reporting) at a local church preschool is speaking out.

"It's unfathomable on so many levels. For one, that it actually happened. For two, where it happened. For three, how often something happened," the mother said in an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News.

The woman, who asked to be identified only as Jane Doe, said her 5-year-old daughter was caught by a teacher inside a bathroom at school giving oral sex to a 4-year-old boy.

"I said, 'Where did you see this? How did you know that this was something to do? 'She said, 'I saw another little girl do it.' I said, 'Well, where?' 'Here at school.' 'When?' 'During nap time,'" the mother recalled.

Jane said investigators found no evidence of child abuse at her home. She provided us documents from the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services showing the case was closed as inconclusive."

More with video of interview...

Among other information, this mother removed her daughter from the preschool in October and her child is attending public school and "doing better". In the interview though, she does seem to think the school is covering up something ""I think they definitely tried to cover up the incidents," said Jane.".

So, if Richard McCarthy is sooooo upset with the school for the handling of the incident/s, and he also knew about it in October, why did he leave his child in the school and why did he wait until now, when the school is closing, to decide to sue the school, the church, God, the teacher, and everyone else?

Oh, and others upon hearing the ABC report are now jumping on board the lawsuit?

Guess only I had cousins who were Doctor's....and we still love each other....

Call me stupid....but I've taught kindergarten, ran home day care and raised my children. I know children may touch themselves at an early age but Children do not know HOW TO GIVE ORAL SEX UNLESS THEY ARE TAUGHT ...either by seeing this act or being taught it.

I don't know if I believe this story.
Ugh...just really pisses me off.

Carson preschool sex case: Mother of girl speaks out - Exclusive

KABCTV - Los Angeles
Sunday, February 03, 2013
Elex Michaelson

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- "The mother of a little girl at the center of a shocking story of sexual activity (hyperbolic reporting) at a local church preschool is speaking out.

"It's unfathomable on so many levels. For one, that it actually happened. For two, where it happened. For three, how often something happened," the mother said in an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News.

The woman, who asked to be identified only as Jane Doe, said her 5-year-old daughter was caught by a teacher inside a bathroom at school giving oral sex to a 4-year-old boy.

"I said, 'Where did you see this? How did you know that this was something to do? 'She said, 'I saw another little girl do it.' I said, 'Well, where?' 'Here at school.' 'When?' 'During nap time,'" the mother recalled.

Jane said investigators found no evidence of child abuse at her home. She provided us documents from the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services showing the case was closed as inconclusive."

More with video of interview...

Among other information, this mother removed her daughter from the preschool in October and her child is attending public school and "doing better". In the interview though, she does seem to think the school is covering up something ""I think they definitely tried to cover up the incidents," said Jane.".

So, if Richard McCarthy is sooooo upset with the school for the handling of the incident/s, and he also knew about it in October, why did he leave his child in the school and why did he wait until now, when the school is closing, to decide to sue the school, the church, God, the teacher, and everyone else?

Oh, and others upon hearing the ABC report are now jumping on board the lawsuit?

I really do not understand this father.....
-he exposes his own child to the media calling him a predator
-he leaves him in a school where he states his son is receiving oral sex
-he is filing a lawsuit, but decides to wait because everyone else is now filing

The mother in this link obviously has more brains
-she is keeping her identity hidden to protect her daughter
-she immediately removed her daughter from the school

Call me stupid....but I've taught kindergarten, ran home day care and raised my children. I know children may touch themselves at an early age but Children do not know HOW TO GIVE ORAL SEX UNLESS THEY ARE TAUGHT ...either by seeing this act or being taught it.

I don't know if I believe this story.
Ugh...just really pisses me off.

I'm not sure that's true, Cherie. I first encountered the practice among two brothers who lived next door to me at that age. They seemed to have discovered it by experimenting on each other. (We were all with a year or so in age.)

Of course, I can't prove that neither of them had been molested by an adult. But in context, it seemed clear that it was something kids played that had to be hidden from grown ups.

Girls may be a completely different story. Their genitalia is internal and maybe it doesn't attract such early curiosity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back