MI - Samantha Detzler, 12, Lansing, 19 Feb 2005

This story is about to be featured on Fox News sometime in the next half-hour. I just saw this on there. Beautiful young lady. Prayers for her safety!!!

amandab said:
This is beyond infuriating...............as the police thought she was a runaway and did NOT INITIALLY DO A DAMN THING. This child's blood is on their hands for not moving quicker. Jesus, I'm so pSSD!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRayers for her family AND that whoever is responsible is
brought to justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her story has read kind of like a missing dog story - it was very odd, the articles I've read, have all talked about how the parents and friends were posting missing flyers, pizza deliverers were helpfully handing out missing flyers with their pizza deliveries, it really didn't sound like the cops took this seriously AT ALL, but maybe it was just the style of reporting that made it sound like that. I read at least two articles, where the focus seemed to be what a nice little community, look how everyone's helping out, and there weren't any quotes from the cops.

NOOOOO!!

Not another beautiful angel!! I am just dang FURIOUS that this keeps happening. :**( RIP, sweet Samantha.

Samantha was a lovely young girl. Only 12 years old, and gone. I wonder why she left her grandmother's house at 10 p.m. with a 36 y/o man who had done 8 years in prison for assault with intent to do bodily harm? Was he giving her a lift back to her parents' house? Not a good idea. Obviously. I just can't imagine the remorse and sorrow Samantha's family must be feeling.

800 mourners shed tears, bid farewell to Samantha

DELTA TWP. - Nearly 800 mourners braved a cold wind and blowing snow to attend Wednesday's funeral for 12-year-old Samantha Detzler.

From old men in work uniforms to toddlers trudging alongside their parents, the arriving mourners moved silently and in a steady stream through the packed parking lot of South Baptist Church.................................................Hearing on March 10

• Steven James Gilbert, 36, who has been charged with Samantha Detzler's murder, is in Clinton County Jail until his March 10 preliminary hearing, when a judge will determine whether there is enough evidence for a trial.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050303/NEWS01/503030350/1001/news

Emotions run high as a mother sees her daughter's killer receive justice. Steven Gilbert is sentenced to spend the rest of his life behind barsfor last Februarys' murder of 13-year-old Samantha Detzler. The judge's order was handed down after Samantha's family read personal statements into the record. Steven Gilbert learned his fate for killing 13-year-old Samantha Detzler.

Jeffrey Martlew, 29th Circuit Court Judge: "T herefore, it is the order of the court that you serve a term of life in prison."

A sentence of 3 words, then gasps from those in the Clinton County courtroom. Tears and hugs follow as the family struggles to find closure.
http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=3853345&nav=0RbQ

How sad. I would imagine the grandmother will carry a load of guilt for the rest of her life. I wonder if the grandmother knew that Samatha left with that guy or did she sneak off with him.

I wonder if he sexually assulted her. I can't think of any other reason why he would have wanted her to go with him. Maybe he had that in mind and she fought him and he strangled her. Poor little thing. Another family having to try and live through this nightmare....it never ends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back