Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad *advertiser censored*). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't think Dylan texted his father by mistake that night .

I saw the discussion at the end of last thread about whether or not Dylan could have been texting any other friends on Sunday. I have always imagined he would have, maybe earlier when he first arrived. Or later, around the time of the 9:37 text. I doubt he went the entire day on Sunday texting only RN, plus that text to Elaine. But of course, we don't know. It has been mentioned that in some text exchanges on Sunday Dylan and RN were talking about girls.

Have always wondered if Dylan was texting* a girl he was sweet on on Sunday evening-- perhaps the 9:37 text. When I was in high school and dating, getting a "good night" text every night from the boy you were crushing on was a big deal.

*ETA: Or messaging since I think there is some confusion as to exactly what electronic device that last communication came from.

I wonder what telephone provider MR had at home for the land line and / or what tv satellite company. I just checked my phone bill ( verizon) and when I pay per view a movie , it shows the date and TIME the movie was started. Maybe at walmart they bought the movie they watched or maybe they PPV'd it . Would be interesting to know if LE has checked since they have obviously checked all phone calls in and out.

Also had another thought about the ' idk' text when R asked why he could not come on Sunday night. My child is 14 and when it comes to plans with friends that fall through if I ask her why she says " i don't know'" . If I say well what did they( the other friend ) say about why they are not coming she replies ' they said IDK". So it could be the younger kids are not as caught up in the details and IDK has become a good short answer rather than go to all that time to write out ' long texts'. Maybe DR did know why he could not go but it had nothing to do with MR being a butt about something. Maybe DR didn't want to txt ' me and dad are watching a movie and then we gotta stack firewood in the house and then we gotta unload the groceries and then i have to call my aunt so n so and then we are going to look in the attic for my old football ' ...... "IDK" covers that all. Food for thought !

I think idk is because Mark said no and that was it . I still maintain Dylan is unhappy when texting RN . He is not being talkative and is giving very short answers . He was not happy he could not see RN that night :cow:

I wonder what telephone provider MR had at home for the land line and / or what tv satellite company. I just checked my phone bill ( verizon) and when I pay per view a movie , it shows the date and TIME the movie was started. Maybe at walmart they bought the movie they watched or maybe they PPV'd it . Would be interesting to know if LE has checked since they have obviously checked all phone calls in and out.

Also had another thought about the ' idk' text when R asked why he could not come on Sunday night. My child is 14 and when it comes to plans with friends that fall through if I ask her why she says " i don't know'" . If I say well what did they( the other friend ) say about why they are not coming she replies ' they said IDK". So it could be the younger kids are not as caught up in the details and IDK has become a good short answer rather than go to all that time to write out ' long texts'. Maybe DR did know why he could not go but it had nothing to do with MR being a butt about something. Maybe DR didn't want to txt ' me and dad are watching a movie and then we gotta stack firewood in the house and then we gotta unload the groceries and then i have to call my aunt so n so and then we are going to look in the attic for my old football ' ...... "IDK" covers that all. Food for thought !

Great thoughts, SCHMAE. I don't know what Dylan's normal verbage while texting was. My brother was also an "avid texter" at that age. (The popular sibling :what:)... but his texts are never more than a few words. Typical "man" style of communication. I am in no way saying that this means Dylan is the same way, it is just a thought. The short messages are not enough for me to conclude 100% that DR was ticked off or really unhappy.

I also agree with the idea that many teenagers would rather say "IDK" than go into detail about 'dorky' family responsibilities. At least in my experience with teenagers, but each kid is different.

I would almost expect Dylan to go into more detail about why he couldn't come to RN's if he was ticked off about it. Ranting to his friend about his strict or selfish Dad & what not. "IDK" almost sounds indifferent to me. But that's a matter of opinion & I respect everyone else's opinion as well =)

Could Mark and taken him to a diff house and taken his phone?

I cant imagine a man hiding his son,hes done it before and before that what to say he wouldnt do it here?
Could he have been playing his game again and it backfired into this!
Now he dosent know how to get out of it!

If dylan stays missing hes free and clear.
I Think if he starts getting the heat he will spill the beans.

But if he has his son placed somewhere who in heavens name would help him?

Maybe Dylan answered idk and some other short texts because he was hiding his phone from his dad..

Great thoughts, SCHMAE. I don't know what Dylan's normal verbage while texting was. My brother was also an "avid texter" at that age. (The popular sibling :what:)... but his texts are never more than a few words. Typical "man" style of communication. I am in no way saying that this means Dylan is the same way, it is just a thought. The short messages are not enough for me to conclude 100% that DR was ticked off or really unhappy.

I also agree with the idea that many teenagers would rather say "IDK" than go into detail about 'dorky' family responsibilities. At least in my experience with teenagers, but each kid is different.

I would almost expect Dylan to go into more detail about why he couldn't come to RN's if he was ticked off about it. Ranting to his friend about his strict or selfish Dad & what not. "IDK" almost sounds indifferent to me. But that's a matter of opinion & I respect everyone else's opinion as well =)

What if his dad told him to knock off the texting he was there to spend time with him.
Dylan could have been texting on the sly.
then he got caught and that was it! Poof goes the phone!

If D was able to text freely im sure he would have said to R My dads bing a blankity blank and said no i cant come cause I Have to spend time with him its to late bla bla bla. Have you ever seen how fast kids can type on these little phones?
It amazes me!

Maybe the 9:37 txt was more detailed and to another friend. :what:

Maybe the 9:37 txt was more detailed and to another friend. :what:

Could be! I can't figure out whether I think it was the content of the 9:37 text or the time & location that was most significant to LE. Seems like it was significant in some way since they have yet to release any detail about the message & seem to have hidden the existence of the message initially.

Could be! I can't figure out whether I think it was the content of the 9:37 text or the time & location that was most significant to LE. Seems like it was significant in some way since they have yet to release any detail about the message & seem to have hidden the existence of the message initially.

Since we have not seen the text and do not know its recipient , my guess
is CONTENT .

I am sure I am wrong but I sometimes wonder if there was no 9:37 text and they have given MR enough rope to hang himself by . So LE say there is one and then see if Mark suddenly remembers Dylan texting .

:cow:

I don't think they hid the existence of it. I think they just got this info back from the crime lab. And remember that they did not release any detail about the texts between Dylan and RN. RN gave this info to the media. I don't think LE ever would have released this info.

But I do agree that it is significant. What could possibly be the benefit to LE for releasing this info? LE is not going to release details such as this unless they think it will benefit their investigation. I personally think they used it as bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie