766 users online (160 members and 606 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Bronx teen accused of throwing child from roof

Teen Accused Of Throwing Boy Off Roof: I Just Slipped
    Casmine Aska, 17, is charged with second-degree attempted murder. Police said he hurled Freddy Martin, 9, off the roof of the five-story building at 1545 Nelson Ave. in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx.

Teen Denies Throwing Boy Off Apartment Block
    The 17-year-old says a tragic accident caused a nine-year-old boy to fall off the roof, leaving him in a critical condition

Boy Thrown From Roof by Teen Neighbor Still Fighting for Life

The little guy is still clinging to life.

What is wrong with people in this world?

Bronx teen who tossed 9-year-old off roof indicted for attempted murder
    Casmine Aska, 17, was also indicted on two counts of assault for the Feb. 1 incident where he threw 9-year-old neighbor Freddy Martin from the roof of their five-story building.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2KLfSvAkO

The teen has given an interview. He still insists it was an accident and that he didn't call 911 when the child fell because he was too traumatized.

However, not too traumatized to look after his own needs:
    In his interview with the paper, Aska admitted to grabbing a bite to eat and preparing for a nap, while Martin lay helpless on the ground.

Update from 2013
    Freddy plunged five stories to the ground, suffering a broken arm and leg, as well as internal bleeding.

After briefly regaining consciousness, Freddy told cops that Aska, who lives above him, had shown up at his third-floor apartment and then dragged him to the roof.

“He threw me off. I don’t know why,” Freddy told them, according to authorities.

Sources said one of Freddy’s sneakers were found in the hallway, while another one was on the roof, along with his broken eyeglasses, “a sign of a struggle.”

Update from 2014
    Casmine Aska, the Bronx teen accused of tossing his 9-year-old neighbor off a roof, was offered a 40-year prison sentence Monday as part of a plea deal from the District Attorney’s office.
    I can't find out if he took it or went to a trial.