1176 users online (209 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Why did Jodi Arias take the stand in her defense

Voters
490. You may not vote on this poll
  • She demanded it.

347 70.82%
  • Her lawyer asked her to do it.

17 3.47%
  • A combination of both.

126 25.71%

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

POLL: Did Jodi Arias take the stand because she wanted to?

Jodi Arias is on the stand. Did she take the stand because she wanted to? Or did her attorney want her to? Or was it a combination?

I think she had nothing to lose. We all know she did it. Her best chance is to get the jury to like her and believe it could have been in answer to his attacking first.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Voted.... she demanded it
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou

I think she wants to do the now famous stretch, in front of the jury. Mostly male jury.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

My opinion, she wanted to. I felt like Jodi loved having her moment to talk and have everyone listen to her. It's Jodi's moment in the spotlight.

She's a talker and enjoys telling stories. I don't think they could have kept her off the stand. JMHO.

She wants the attention. She is a narcissist. I think she thinks she can "mesmerize" the jury with her wiles, her stories and her lies. She is creating this epic in her own mind, and believes she has gotten away with so much, she will get away with murder too.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I voted for combo.. I think she demanded it and so they worked it to perfection: it is way too "planned" and "contrived" imhoo

Perhaps one of our certified criminal attorneys or paralegals can answer this: minus other eyewitnesses or circumstantial evidence, isn't it very difficult to prove "self-defense" if the defendant does NOT take the stand?

I suppose exceptions might be cases where the killer was a victim of long-term abuse witnessed by others. But in cases like this, where there is so little evidence that JA had any reason to fear for her life, how does she prove her case without testifying?

(Just to remind us all: as I understand it, "self-defense" is an an affirmative defense. The burden of proof shifts to the defendant to prove she was in imminent fear for her life. In theory, she can't just have her lawyer say it and then demand the prosecution prove otherwise.)

I voted for combo. Her ship was sinking fast, and this was their only chance. IMO

Her ego is so large she actually trips over it! She definately wanted to testify; it's her moment in the sun. (so she thinks.)

Combination of both, however, she believes she's smarter than everyone else in her mind, is most likely calling the shots.

Demanded to testify.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

I'm sad that she dressed so blandly. Where's the hat and dress? Nurmi, get that woman some mascara stat! I want raccoon eyes today.

There are many examples of Jodi giving interviews including her police interviews. None of which she appears nervous.

She's a cool cucumber and is able to spin her tales without any stress whatsoever. Her lawyers know that. They knew exactly what she would be like on the stand since she has had a lot of practice. On top of that years have gone by and Jodi has probably captivated her jail buddies with her stories.

She is a polished speaker and there was no worry about her messing her testimony up.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast