861 users online (114 members and 747 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Satan Blinds The Children

"For though Satan blinds the children of this world with their delights and desires, so that they take no pleasure in the doctrine of salvation, we ought not to wallow in the same sty along with them."

John Calvin
    Letter to the French Church of Antwerp
    December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    "For though Satan blinds the children of this world with their delights and desires, so that they take no pleasure in the doctrine of salvation, we ought not to wallow in the same sty along with them."

John Calvin
    December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.
    Hmmmm.

On a related note- did you know that Satan has over 500,000 "Friends" on Facebook? Sign of the times?
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

It's probably a stretch, but I thought it was interesting.

John Calvin
    December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.
    SPOOKY....but very close to 'home' in regards of the writing itself!!! WOW....why do I feel like screaming 'BINGO"?!!!!!!

"Wallow in the same sty" also reminded me of the bed wetting/defecation issues.

"Wallow in the same sty" also reminded me of the bed wetting/defecation issues.
    Question: How would Patsy knew about this letter??? I'm not familiar with her religious...in another word, does this letter is part of her believes and study???

It's probably a stretch, but I thought it was interesting.
    I suspect that Jeff Shapiro would not feel that it's much of a stretch. IIRC, he's a proponent of saved by the cross.

Whether it's Saved By The Cross or Satan Blinds The Children, either way it only points to one person as the author. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nom de plume View Post
    Whether it's Saved By The Cross or Satan Blinds The Children, either way it only points to one person as the author. JMO
    Agreed.
    Unless of course we are dealing with a covert foreign faction from the vatican.

Quote Originally Posted by wengr View Post
    Agreed.
    Unless of course we are dealing with a covert foreign faction from the vatican.
    That's it! You've solved the case! Why didn't anyone think to investigate the vatican before now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nom de plume View Post
    That's it! You've solved the case! Why didn't anyone think to investigate the vatican before now?
    Specially with their history of secrets! Shame on me!
    We want the truth, but can we handle the truth?

Seriously now, John Calvin was a famous French theologian. Patsy did enjoy things French, and IIRC, didn't she even undertake some special related French studies in college. Not necessarily for religion, but Calvin became a basis for some of the format of the Presbyterian church. John and Patsy Ramsey were married in, and JB was buried from, Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Is it possible that they could have had a class study there on Calvinism?

We can't discount JR from remembering such pertinent religious quotes. The Bible was usually in his study. And he was the one who wrote "The Other Side....l.", claiming his faith was his salvation through all of the aftermath of the crime.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    The Rs read the Bible- they had one right in their bedroom. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to be familiar with Bible verses.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    The Rs read the Bible- they had one right in their bedroom. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to be familiar with Bible verses.
    Oh, I imagine they were quite familiar with Bible verses, even if they couldn't quote them from memory. And I know Patsy read her Bible frequently. It wouldn't be surprising to find more than one Bible in a 7,000 sq. ft. home with many rooms.

My inference to JR being familiar with religious quotes (the one above that Calvin wrote, which was connected to the SBTC acronym, came from a letter he wrote to a church) was that since he kept a Bible in his study for reference, maybe he had a broader religious awareness than most of us realize - perhaps even having studied some of the great theologians and their work.

SBTC Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
    SBTC Skill-Biased Technological Change
    SBTC Skill-Biased Technical Change
    SBTC Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club (UK)
    SBTC Small Business Technology Coalition
    SBTC Shall Be The Conqueror
    SBTC Ministry of Small Business, Tourism, and Culture (Canada)
    SBTC Saved By the Cross
    SBTC Seattle Bicycle Touring Club (Seattle, Washington)
    SBTC Stream-Based Trace Compression
    SBTC Sleeping Bear Trading Company (Michigan)
    SBTC Solid Bare Tinned Copper (grounding connections)
    SBTC Slow Boat to China
    SBTC Stockport Binocular & Telescope Centre, Ltd (UK)
    SBTC Serene Bastards of Tarbae Chaos (gaming)
    SBTC So Be the Child

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SBTC

What We Do
    SBTC encourages the promotion and growth of research-intensive, technology-based U.S. small business. Through advocacy and education SBTC seeks to make this goal a wide-spread reality.

http://www.sbtc.org/about/index2.html

BBM
    Sure sounds like something John may have been involved with at one time or another. I wonder if there was a pen, or notepad, or anything around the R's house, or Access Graphics, with that logo on it. Might have been an "accidental" inspiration?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast