Satan Blinds The Children

CharlieBrown

Reaction score
"For though Satan blinds the children of this world with their delights and desires, so that they take no pleasure in the doctrine of salvation, we ought not to wallow in the same sty along with them."

John Calvin
Letter to the French Church of Antwerp
December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.

"For though Satan blinds the children of this world with their delights and desires, so that they take no pleasure in the doctrine of salvation, we ought not to wallow in the same sty along with them."

John Calvin
December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.

Hmmmm.

On a related note- did you know that Satan has over 500,000 "Friends" on Facebook? Sign of the times?

John Calvin
December 21st, 1556

S.B.T.C.

SPOOKY....but very close to 'home' in regards of the writing itself!!! WOW....why do I feel like screaming 'BINGO"?!!!!!!

"Wallow in the same sty" also reminded me of the bed wetting/defecation issues.

"Wallow in the same sty" also reminded me of the bed wetting/defecation issues.

Question: How would Patsy knew about this letter??? I'm not familiar with her religious...in another word, does this letter is part of her believes and study???

It's probably a stretch, but I thought it was interesting.
I suspect that Jeff Shapiro would not feel that it's much of a stretch. IIRC, he's a proponent of saved by the cross.

Whether it's Saved By The Cross or Satan Blinds The Children, either way it only points to one person as the author. JMO

Whether it's Saved By The Cross or Satan Blinds The Children, either way it only points to one person as the author. JMO
Agreed.
Unless of course we are dealing with a covert foreign faction from the vatican.

Agreed.
Unless of course we are dealing with a covert foreign faction from the vatican.

:floorlaugh: That's it! You've solved the case! Why didn't anyone think to investigate the vatican before now?

:floorlaugh: That's it! You've solved the case! Why didn't anyone think to investigate the vatican before now?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Specially with their history of secrets! :shush: Shame on me!

Seriously now, John Calvin was a famous French theologian. Patsy did enjoy things French, and IIRC, didn't she even undertake some special related French studies in college. Not necessarily for religion, but Calvin became a basis for some of the format of the Presbyterian church. John and Patsy Ramsey were married in, and JB was buried from, Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Is it possible that they could have had a class study there on Calvinism?

We can't discount JR from remembering such pertinent religious quotes. The Bible was usually in his study. And he was the one who wrote "The Other Side....l.", claiming his faith was his salvation through all of the aftermath of the crime.

The Rs read the Bible- they had one right in their bedroom. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to be familiar with Bible verses.

The Rs read the Bible- they had one right in their bedroom. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to be familiar with Bible verses.

Oh, I imagine they were quite familiar with Bible verses, even if they couldn't quote them from memory. And I know Patsy read her Bible frequently. It wouldn't be surprising to find more than one Bible in a 7,000 sq. ft. home with many rooms.

My inference to JR being familiar with religious quotes (the one above that Calvin wrote, which was connected to the SBTC acronym, came from a letter he wrote to a church) was that since he kept a Bible in his study for reference, maybe he had a broader religious awareness than most of us realize - perhaps even having studied some of the great theologians and their work.

SBTC Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
SBTC Skill-Biased Technological Change
SBTC Skill-Biased Technical Change
SBTC Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club (UK)
SBTC Small Business Technology Coalition
SBTC Shall Be The Conqueror
SBTC Ministry of Small Business, Tourism, and Culture (Canada)
SBTC Saved By the Cross
SBTC Seattle Bicycle Touring Club (Seattle, Washington)
SBTC Stream-Based Trace Compression
SBTC Sleeping Bear Trading Company (Michigan)
SBTC Solid Bare Tinned Copper (grounding connections)
SBTC Slow Boat to China
SBTC Stockport Binocular & Telescope Centre, Ltd (UK)
SBTC Serene Bastards of Tarbae Chaos (gaming)
SBTC So Be the Child

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SBTC

What We Do
SBTC encourages the promotion and growth of research-intensive, technology-based U.S. small business. Through advocacy and education SBTC seeks to make this goal a wide-spread reality.

http://www.sbtc.org/about/index2.html

BBM
Sure sounds like something John may have been involved with at one time or another. :waitasec: I wonder if there was a pen, or notepad, or anything around the R's house, or Access Graphics, with that logo on it. Might have been an "accidental" inspiration?

See, It's just like I said. Now we are turning up the heat on them and the boss is bailing.

SBTC Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
SBTC Skill-Biased Technological Change
SBTC Skill-Biased Technical Change
SBTC Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club (UK)
SBTC Small Business Technology Coalition
SBTC Shall Be The Conqueror
SBTC Ministry of Small Business, Tourism, and Culture (Canada)
SBTC Saved By the Cross
SBTC Seattle Bicycle Touring Club (Seattle, Washington)
SBTC Stream-Based Trace Compression
SBTC Sleeping Bear Trading Company (Michigan)
SBTC Solid Bare Tinned Copper (grounding connections)
SBTC Slow Boat to China
SBTC Stockport Binocular & Telescope Centre, Ltd (UK)
SBTC Serene Bastards of Tarbae Chaos (gaming)
SBTC So Be the Child

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SBTC

What We Do
SBTC encourages the promotion and growth of research-intensive, technology-based U.S. small business. Through advocacy and education SBTC seeks to make this goal a wide-spread reality.

http://www.sbtc.org/about/index2.html

BBM
Sure sounds like something John may have been involved with at one time or another. :waitasec: I wonder if there was a pen, or notepad, or anything around the R's house, or Access Graphics, with that logo on it. Might have been an "accidental" inspiration?

There is phone number listed for them which might tell us whether or not the group was up and going in 1995. But here's something else they have on their What We Do page:

• A valuable CEO forum, offering management support and advanced technology networking to make your company more successful and profitable.

There is phone number listed for them which might tell us whether or not the group was up and going in 1995. But here's something else they have on their What We Do page:

• A valuable CEO forum, offering management support and advanced technology networking to make your company more successful and profitable.
Very interesting. What all the different suggestions for the initials makes me consider is - what is the point of signing a false document with something you are associated with? Could the author be trying to convey their identity to the reader? Or could it be that it was chosen at random in the effort to remain anonymous, and means nothing at all?

Very interesting. What all the different suggestions for the initials makes me consider is - what is the point of signing a false document with something you are associated with? Could the author be trying to convey their identity to the reader? Or could it be that it was chosen at random in the effort to remain anonymous, and means nothing at all?

OK, if the author did not want to sign with something she/he was associated with, could the author have been referring to one of the 'kidnappers?' - trying to give a clue as to who had possession of JB? A recent theory suggests that JR might have forced Patsy to write the note. She was pretty smart.

No way was the SBTC chosen at random, whoever wrote the note, IMHO.

Forgot to mention in previous post that there were several pens and notepads listed on the search warrant evidence lists.

OK, if the author did not want to sign with something she/he was associated with, could the author have been referring to one of the 'kidnappers?' - trying to give a clue as to who had possession of JB? A recent theory suggests that JR might have forced Patsy to write the note. She was pretty smart.

No way was the SBTC chosen at random, whoever wrote the note, IMHO.

Forgot to mention in previous post that there were several pens and notepads listed on the search warrant evidence lists.

Kind of agree on BBM. However, IMO, it depends on situation/theory/scenario (again, deducted from behavior observation):

- If BDI with JR and PR staging then SBTC is religious reference that BOTH Ramseys can relate, agree and bond;
- If PDI then SBTC is part of the message to John...so, John will understand who did it and why; it's very personnal 'victory' for PR;
- If JDI then SBTC is random reference, possibly picked-up from his prior military service plaque.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back