Resolved MS - Jackson, BlkFem UP10947, ~48, burned in house fire, Jan'13

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
Came across this on NamUs:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10947

This individual was found dead inside her house after the fire dept. put out the fire at her residence. The home was a duplex and her neighbors reported hearing a verbal altercation shortly before the fire.

They know shes 48, black female and say she lived there - but no one knows who she may be? Very strange case. I understand burned beyond recognition, but you would think *if* she lived there, they could rule in or out some people?

Please tell me this isn't going to take a disconnected MP report, 11 years and some paint splotches to solve...

I don't think this is a missing person. They may just lack the resident's dental records or DNA to confirm the tentative ID. JMO.

I don't think this is a missing person. They may just lack the resident's dental records or DNA to confirm the tentative ID. JMO.

I was referring to the VA Beach heart attack guy who ran into a BK and remained unidentified for YEARS though his landlord filed an MP report and he lived less than a mile away. Basically it's ridiculous to me that this woman was burned up in a fire in her own home (or so I'm assuming) and yet no one can identify her. Same premise. :)

But it doesn't sound to me like it's fair to say that no one can identify her. If they know she's 48 and refer to her as the resident of the burned house they have identified her, most likely. It's probably just that she was so badly burned that they have to wait for DNA to confirm the ID.

I think it might depend on the jurisdiction.
There have been a couple of cases in Namus in which the remains were found with an ID belonging to a missing person so they probably were pretty sure who it was but there was a Namus unidentified case file while they waited for DNA. Other counties haven't put in any of their really unidentified Does.

I got the impression all those arsons were independent events. Could be wrong.

I'm getting a permission error on Namus, but I can't find anywhere stated that this has been solved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back