OH OH - Jacob Limberios, 19, Sandusky County, 2 March 2012

This is a very interesting case brought to my attention by one of my family members.

Background on the case here:

http://mobilebroadcastnews.com/NewsRoom/Don-Carpenter/What-Happened-Jake-Limberios

In July the case was handed to the AG to investigate:

The Ohio Attorney General's Office has had little to say in the nearly two months it's been since the criminal investigation of the killing of Jacob Limberios was stripped away from local officials and handed over to the AG.

The three witnesses inside the home the night he was killed have not been interviewed by AG investigators.

Mike and Shannon Limberios, Jacob's parents, were interviewed.

"It's been more than 520 days — of waiting, waiting, and waiting — for Mike and Shannon," said Dan McGookey, a Sandusky attorney who represents the Limberios family. "Every day it's difficult and every weekend is like three months spent hoping the phone will ring on Monday and someone, somewhere, will settle this question."
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/article/limberios-shooting-saga/4345766

full coverage here to include the latest article at the top, and photo gallery of who is who:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/limberios-shooting-saga

A second autopsy on the body of Jacob Limberios, a Castalia teenager who died last year of a gunshot wound to the head, substantiates an initial suicide ruling though the death investigation is ongoing.

Dr. Cynthia Beisser, a deputy coroner with the Lucas County coroner’s office, performed a second autopsy after a forensic pathologist hired by Mr. Limberios’ family said an autopsy he conducted, the first to be performed, revealed the 19-year-old’s death was a homicide.

Sandusky County Coroner John Wukie ruled the March, 2012, shooting death a suicide, but the death is now under investigation.

In a Wednesday letter to Dr. Wukie, Dr. Beisser stated her “autopsy findings are not inconsistent with the original ruling of suicide.”

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/local/20...estigation-continues.html#Lxrbhs81d4XoRy0g.99

deputy knows who killed Jacob:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/article/limberios-shooting-saga/3507456

How the case has affected/effected review of the coroner system:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-young-fathers-death-spurs-push-revamp-coroners/story?id=19687764

Possible legislation to be introduced this fall as a result of this case:
FREMONT — In response to the Jacob Limberios case, a state representative wants to change Ohio law’s requirements for how coroners handle suicides.

State Rep. Chris Redfern, D-Catawba Island, said he plans to introduce legislation this fall in the Ohio House that would require coroners to order an autopsy in suspected suicide cases and wait until the autopsy report is completed to rule on manner of death
http://www.thenews-messenger.com/ar...21/Limberios-case-Redfern-planning-Jake-s-Law

nurse
Thanks for opening this thread. I read an article when this first happened.

Dr. Phil show will feature the young man's parents and some of the young people who were at the house w. him, when the gunshot occurred. From Dr. P's website, http://www.drphil.com/shows/

The Mysterious Death of Jacob Limberios
Thurs. show
On March 2, 2012, 19-year-old Jacob “Jake” Limberios was fatally shot in the head in the presence of three friends. The coroner ruled his death a suicide -- but Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say it doesn’t add up. They claim there was no investigation into Jake’s death, no evidence collected and no autopsy performed before Jake's death was ruled a suicide -- and they refuse to believe their son would take his own life. Jake’s family say a lot of questions remain unanswered, including: Who fired the shot? Two witnesses, Brittany and Will, adamantly maintain that Jake accidentally shot himself, but Mike and Shannon say their son knew how to handle guns safely and that the evidence doesn’t support that conclusion. Mike takes Dr. Phil cameras to the scene of the shooting to demonstrate why he believes that Jake was shot by someone else in the room. And, Brittany and Will face Mike and Shannon on Dr. Phil’s stage, frustrated by the cloud of suspicion that they say still follows them as a result of Mike and Shannon’s allegations. When offered a chance to take a polygraph test, will they accept?

Fri. show
The family of 19-year-old Jake Limberios continues to search for answers surrounding his death in March 2012. Who fired the gunshot that ended his life? Brittany and Will, who witnessed the shooting, say Jake, a gun enthusiast, accidentally shot himself in the head. Although the coroner ruled his death a suicide, Jake’s parents, Mike and Shannon, say their son, a young father, never would’ve taken his own life. Left with so many unanswered questions, Jake’s parents had his body exhumed and autopsied by renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who concluded that Jake’s cause of death wasn’t suicide. Dr. Phil speaks with Dr. Wecht via satellite -- hear why he says Jake couldn’t have shot himself. Plus, Brittany and Will say they sympathize with Jake’s parents but are tired of being under suspicion and agree to take polygraph tests to prove they’re not hiding any details about Jake’s death. What will the results reveal? And, Mike and Shannon say their marriage has grown strained since their son’s death -- can they learn to come together and find peace after such a painful loss?

Did anyone see this part 1 of 2 on Dr. Phil Show? Jacob Limberios.

Did anyone get a screen host of furniture & floor plan of house where this occurred? Whose drawing was it, a witness or LE?

Part 2 tomorrow.

The sheriff says he knows who shot Jacob yet he isn't saying who.? Hummmnisn't there some law that says that is not a legal or valid answer for the parents or family?

Were the witnesses given a ld TEST or interviewed by cops?

Did anyone get a screen host of furniture & floor plan of house where this occurred? Whose drawing was it, a witness or LE?

Part 2 tomorrow.

I watched it. It's a sad heartbreaking story, but based on this first episode (I haven't done much research on the case, just watched the show), I think it was a tragic accident, and that he did shoot himself accidentally.

I know the two kids are taking LDTs tomorrow on the show, so my opinion might change, but that's what I thought after watching.

jmo

I watched it. It's a sad heartbreaking story, but based on this first episode (I haven't done much research on the case, just watched the show), I think it was a tragic accident, and that he did shoot himself accidentally.

I know the two kids are taking LDTs tomorrow on the show, so my opinion might change, but that's what I thought after watching.

jmo

I think it was a horrible accident too, and it does sound like the kids have already received LDTs already, but if they were done by LE, who knows if anyone has been given the results.

In the preview it seemed the girl's test could have shown deception, as it showed her asking Jake why he was doing this to her. That can be interpreted a couple different ways though.

However it turns out, I hope the parents can walk away from the show with some measure of peace and closure from the answers they receive.

Part 2 tomorrow.

I thought that the floor plan came from the police report with his friends backing up what was in the report, but I could be wrong.

Hey all! Haven't posted in a while but saw the Dr. Phil show yesterday. First time ever hearing of this story. Anyway, it all sounds fishy to me. Is it ok to post the family's website?

I will but if it's not ok, please remove. The website has interviews, statements, the lie detector tests and other statements on how and why they were pretty much crap, etc. There's a lot there.

But from the little I've listened to already, I just don't buy their story. I think one of them shot Jake accidentally (hopefully, and not purposely). Funny how the Will kid can't remember important details about where Jake was standing/facing/what he was doing/how exactly it happened etc. (but at other times he can remember) and yet he remembers exactly what he himself (and the others) was doing and the exact snack he was eating and the flavor, texture, brand of that snack, how many he ate of them, etc (yeah, listen to the Will and Bill Kaiser interview/audio). But doesn't remember anything really about what Jake was doing. Nuts! Not buying it! And he has a habit of adding extra and unnecessary details. Usually a red flag when someone is lying.

Funny too, how Will says in the interview that I mentioned above that he said to the others, after the shooting happened, "This is gonna look bad." Huh? Who says that if this truly was an accident? Then he asks the interviewer if certain things can make the reading wrong during the poly. Like if someone is sick, etc. You really gotta listen to it.

And why the heck would Jake be on the phone talking excitedly to a friend he's been waiting to see and just decide to pick the gun up and shoot himself? Doesn't make sense. And I can't imagine him picking it up and just "playing" with it while on the phone either. None of it sounds right. Anyway, JMO. Here is the site:

http://www.justice4jakeandella.com/

I think it was a horrible accident too, and it does sound like the kids have already received LDTs already, but if they were done by LE, who knows if anyone has been given the results.

In the preview it seemed the girl's test could have shown deception, as it showed her asking Jake why he was doing this to her. That can be interpreted a couple different ways though.

However it turns out, I hope the parents can walk away from the show with some measure of peace and closure from the answers they receive.

yep, And Dr. Phil wants people to turn into his show for ratings, So if it sounds like she failed her poly in the previews, It will get more people to tune it.

Personally, I think this was just a horrible accident and whatever the conclusion, I hope the parents can accept the facts to whatever happened.

And I think the parents need to focus more of their questions toward LE and not his three friends.

JMO

After watching Dr. Phil both today and yesterday and hearing the lie detector test results (which said they were both deceptive), I am extremely peeved off. The point in the show where Dr. Phil walked off after reading Brittany her test results, she had the audacity to swear to her deceased friend and complain about how this has ruined her life. Her little tantrum showed how ignorant and truly despicable she is. Do these two kids have no decency? I really do not think they meant to hurt Jacob or did so intentionally, but they both know something and they are not sharing the info. Goodness gracious, give this family the closure and respect they deserve and tell the friggin' truth. I am so irritated with these two deceitful kids. Rant over! :banghead:

After watching Dr. Phil both today and yesterday and hearing the lie detector test results (which said they were both deceptive), I am extremely peeved off. The point in the show where Dr. Phil walked off after reading Brittany her test results, she had the audacity to swear to her deceased friend and complain about how this has ruined her life. Her little tantrum showed how ignorant and truly despicable she is. Do these two kids have no decency? I really do not think they meant to hurt Jacob or did so intentionally, but they both know something and they are not sharing the info. Goodness gracious, give this family the closure and respect they deserve and tell the friggin' truth. I am so irritated with these two deceitful kids. Rant over! :banghead:

Neither do the parents, they have said they do not think they meant to intentionally kill their friend. They think that they accidentally killed him and are trying to cover up.

And if LE knows who shot Jake, then why not come out and tell the parents???

So the results showed deception for both of the friends on the show today. I have to admitt, I thought that Jake accidentally shot himself. Hopefully these tests will lead to the third witness being given the same, more reliable, method of LDT and they can determine who is covering for for who and get these kids talking.

LE dropped the ball on this one.

Absolutely, without a doubt. Everything from laughing at the scene with Jake's father outside and not following protocol to apparently not investigating alternative avenues of explanations as to what happened.

That was totally uncalled for...... can't believe she just said what she said.

"Jake why are you F'ing doing this to me, why are you making my life hell".

Jake should be proud of his parents...... Mom says she has made it clear from day one she does not want anyone to go to jail and that she has to live without her son and she does not want another parent to have to live without their child.

I truthfully believe they just want the truth. I hope they get the answers they seek.

I was watching the Dr. Phil show today. I watched the kids in their responses during the conversation on stage that included Jake's parents. I immediately thought both kids were not truthful, because they had the same expressions and body language my kids have when they are not telling me the truth. The look the girl gave the boy onstage is one I have seen many times between my oldest two. It is the look as if to say " You are gonna keep up the story we swore we were going to tell." I have a feeling Jake's parents thought the same thing. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back