709 users online (83 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Ben Thompson, 34, Cardiff, Wales, 2 Feb 2013

Police are appealing for information after a 34-year-old rugby fan went missing following Saturday's Six Nations action in Cardiff.

Ben Thompson, from Haverfordwest, was last seen in the city centre on the evening of February 2nd, where officers say he had been enjoying the rugby international.

Mr Thompson is described as 5ft 9in tall, with short brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing brown boots, blue jeans, and possibly a blue and white striped top with a green jacket.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the 101 number.
    Source: ITV

Please watch the video by clicking the ITV link above and then under the heading 'Family appeals for help to find missing Ben Thompson' watch the video.

Why does BT head down Lawrenny Ave?

He doesn't appear to be that drunk to me, by the way he runs across the road, although I could be wrong?

It looks as if he's in a rush if anything.

Also this:
    After the game, Ben a process operator at a gas plant, accompanied some of his colleagues into Cardiff city centre before heading back to Haverfordwest with his friend Andrew Davies.

But after being captured on CCTV outside a bar in the town, he has not been seen since.

"Ben stayed with Andrew, who is based in Barry, and they were seen queuing to get in to Mocha Lounge but Andrew had to leave at 6.30pm because his children were ill, leaving Ben on his own.

ďAndrew left thinking Ben was going to go into Mocha Lounge but CCTV shows that he didnít. Instead he is seen walking in the direction of Penarth.

ďHe was sighted on a road leading towards Penarth and thereís a fuzzy CCTV image of him at around 7pm but thatís the last time we have seen him.
    Source: Mirror

Why did he leave?

Why try and walk to Barry? (via Penarth) (if that was his intention, it's miles it would of taken all night)
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-15-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Yes, he runs across the busy trafficway and then continues running after he's safely across.

I don't really understand why he's heading south from Wellington Street. CCTV shows him heading in the opposite direction which is heading North away from any road heading to Penarth.

The only thing I can think of is that he may of gotten something to eat from a take away, there are several just outside of Cardiff's main football grounds.

If he headed north after a bite to eat, and it was only around 7 o'clock or so, perhaps he had plans to drink more or head back towards the bars?

Still, it doesn't explain him heading down Lawrenny Ave, in case he just wanted to find some place a bit more private to have a pee?

Very odd. I can't watch the video (on a work computer), but from what you've both said it would seem he was definitely in a rush to get somewhere.

Is it possible he received an urgent phone call from someone (phone records should show this though)? Or maybe he spotted someone he know across the road and ran over to meet up with them?

When his friend left, was BT alone, or was he out with others? Is he seen with anyone in the video?
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Police divers join search for missing rugby fan Ben Thompson

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...#ixzz2K81AjTZ3
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Police thank public in search for missing Ben Thompson

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update...-ben-thompson/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Public_Hysteria View Post
    Very odd. I can't watch the video (on a work computer), but from what you've both said it would seem he was definitely in a rush to get somewhere.

Is it possible he received an urgent phone call from someone (phone records should show this though)? Or maybe he spotted someone he know across the road and ran over to meet up with them?

When his friend left, was BT alone, or was he out with others? Is he seen with anyone in the video?
    The friend he was with left and hour or so earlier as his kid was ill, apparently.

His phone is said to of been turned off around 6pm, according to the reports I've read in mainstream media, the CCTV footage is sometime after 7pm.

He is from out of town so the possibility of him running to meet someone who he knew seem pretty slim, unless of course it's someone he met that night.

The road is fairly busy and he does run out in front of a car, it does suggest that he's either not very drunk because of his speed dash, or that he is slightly intoxicated, therefore willing to run out in a busy road. Either way it's slightly odd behaviour, placing myself in his shoes, why run about like a whipper snapper at all?

We really don't have that much to go on, I'm thinking or sorts of scenarios, like perhaps he got pick pocketed and he was following the culprit/s. Then again it could be he just wanted to cross the road quickly?

Friends of Ben Thompson make fresh plea to find missing rugby fan

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiff...#ixzz2KEBmayI2

Police search along main route into Cardiff for missing man Ben Thompson

http://www.milfordmercury.co.uk/news..._Ben_Thompson/

1:57pm Friday 8th February 2013

A lane on a busy dual carriageway into Cardiff has been closed so officers can continue the search for missing Haverfordwest man Ben Thompson.

A lane on the A4232 Leckwith to Culverhouse Cross road has been closed to allow officers to search the verges safely.

Missing Ben Thompson: Volunteers helping police in search

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-21394857

9 February 2013 Last updated at 08:20 ET

Volunteers are continuing to help police in their search for a missing rugby fan who disappeared exactly a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, he runs across the busy trafficway and then continues running after he's safely across.

He appears to be walking at a relaxed pace before racing thru the traffic, on the other side he appears, to me, to continue but then slow back down.

I don't think he is running from anyone.

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Any news?
    I know nothing - just throwing ideas around

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilox View Post
    Any news?
    Not that I can find. I did look through the BBC Wales news earlier and nothing.

Very odd that he seemed to be walking towards wasteland in the last CCTC footage they have of him ...... and also odd that no more footage seems to have been found of him coming out of that area, despite him not being found there either.

I'm not sure if there is a lot of water around that area, but sadly it seems that a lot of men who go missing after a night out are found in rivers or canals.

Hope this one can be resolved soon - his poor wife and kids must be going out of their minds with worry.

How cold was it that night? He was just wearing a thin long sleeve shirt.

Missing Wales fan: Ben Thompson hunt switches to River Ely in Cardiff Bay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21449237

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast