1157 users online (226 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Sarai Sierra, a mother of two who enjoys photography, was looking forward to her trip and arrived in Istanbul on Jan. 7. She was supposed to return to New York on Jan. 21.
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...188580261.html

A couple more links:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...ing-in-turkey/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...235_story.html

Her passport and medical cards were found in her hotel room. She was traveling alone but skyped with her husband daily. The last he heard she said she was going to the Galeta bridge (a well-known tourist destination in Instanbul).

Note to mods: I couldn't post this thread without picking a prefix, but none of them fit this case. Is there one you would suggest?

Thread #1
    Last edited by KateB; 05-20-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Here is Sarai's instagram account. She has taken some wonderful photos. This account seems to be all photos of NYC. I wonder if she has posted recent photos taken in Istanbul somewhere.

http://statigr.am/memyself_sarai

Sarai appears to have a very large online community of friends on Instagram. If you click on the first photo you will see many comments from friends and others.

She belongs to a group called @_made_in_NYers. Many of them have posted photos of her for sharing and getting her information out there, particularly in Istanbul.

Here is her brother's IG account and a photo of Sarai that he has asked people to share.

http://statigr.am/p/376809509984850632_2337227

Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Turkey - NY mother Sarai Sierra, 33, 21 Jan 2013 #2

Please continue here...

The New York Post is a tabloid specializing in sensationalizing just about everything. If Taylan once got a ticket for jaywalking they'd call him a "criminal element" and everyone in Amsterdam is probably a drugged out whoremonger because pot and prostitution are legal in Amsterdam. The Post is one step above the National Enquirer.

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    The New York Post is a tabloid specializing in sensationalizing just about everything. If Taylan once got a ticket for jaywalking they'd call him a "criminal element" and everyone in Amsterdam is probably a drugged out whoremonger because pot and prostitution are legal in Amsterdam. The Post is one step above the National Enquirer.
    LOL yup that's about right, necco. But you do sound a little defensive, perhaps even. . ."sketchy"? NECCO ARE YOU A CRIMINAL ELEMENT???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToutCa View Post
    LOL yup that's about right, necco. But you do sound a little defensive, perhaps even. . ."sketchy"? NECCO ARE YOU A CRIMINAL ELEMENT???!!!
    Yes. Yes, I am. Oh, and not to make light of this woman's death, but at the rate the papers are going, how long before her death is blamed on a yeti or a failed alien abduction? Those are about the only things they haven't claimed yet in these rags.

Quote Originally Posted by ToutCa View Post
    Hahaha that made me laugh...

As far as that article about the other 4 women murdered in Turkey....they were all murdered by a loved....the article says if 4 women were murdered in another country it would be new but not in Turkey....that's a big load of BS....how many women are murdered in this country EVERYDAY by a lover and it is not news here.

I wonder what the stat on domestic violence is in the US. What percentage can claim the have been assaulted by a man, I bet its not that much lower.

That article is trying to make a point but I think it fails.

Why Sarai's death is in the news and not the other women....because those cases were quickly solved....because they took place at the hands of a lover....Sarai's is in the news because it is not solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Here is Sarai's instagram account. She has taken some wonderful photos. This account seems to be all photos of NYC. I wonder if she has posted recent photos taken in Istanbul somewhere.

http://statigr.am/memyself_sarai

Sarai appears to have a very large online community of friends on Instagram. If you click on the first photo you will see many comments from friends and others.

She belongs to a group called @_made_in_NYers. Many of them have posted photos of her for sharing and getting her information out there, particularly in Istanbul.

Here is her brother's IG account and a photo of Sarai that he has asked people to share.

http://statigr.am/p/376809509984850632_2337227

There are 6 photos from Istanbul on her account, and 5 from Amsterdam

Yes. Yes, I am. Oh, and not to make light of this woman's death, but at the rate the papers are going, how long before her death is blamed on a yeti or a failed alien abduction? Those are about the only things they haven't claimed yet in these rags.
    They sound like the equivalent to the "SUN" Newspaper here...i'm sure they sit and make the stories up in that paper!! You most definitely couldn't take what they had to say as fact.

Amsterdam might be known for legalized pot and prostition....but it's not exactly like everyone is a "drugged out whoremonger"

Can we please stop with generalization about places people have never been too. Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkHard View Post
    Amsterdam might be known for legalized pot and prostition....but it's not exactly like everyone is a "drugged out whoremonger"

Can we please stop with generalization about places people have never been too. Pretty please?
    Respectfully, ThinkHard, two points. 1) Please reread my post. I was talking about how the Post exaggerates and sensationalizes. 2) I've been to Amsterdam, thank you.

The family of Sarai Sierra, an amateur New York photographer slain while on a trip to Turkey, put her photos up for sale today and quickly sold enough photographs to pay for her funeral, the woman's brother said today.

The photos remain on sale and the profits will now be going to her two young sons, the family said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=18410697

I've been to Amsterdam, thank you.
    See, told you you were a "criminal element".

Now we have ironclad proof. Someone call the FBI!

Respectfully, ThinkHard, two points. 1) Please reread my post. I was talking about how the Post exaggerates and sensationalizes. 2) I've been to Amsterdam, thank you.
    My apologies.

Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast