GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopster

Reaction score
Sarai Sierra, a mother of two who enjoys photography, was looking forward to her trip and arrived in Istanbul on Jan. 7. She was supposed to return to New York on Jan. 21.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Staten-Island-Woman-Sarai-Sierra-Missing-Turkey-188580261.html

missing-ny-woman-sarai-sierra.jpg

A couple more links:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/26/family-staten-island-mother-of-two-missing-in-turkey/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...86cad0-6841-11e2-83c7-38d5fac94235_story.html

Her passport and medical cards were found in her hotel room. She was traveling alone but skyped with her husband daily. The last he heard she said she was going to the Galeta bridge (a well-known tourist destination in Instanbul).

Note to mods: I couldn't post this thread without picking a prefix, but none of them fit this case. Is there one you would suggest?

Thread #1

Here is Sarai's instagram account. She has taken some wonderful photos. This account seems to be all photos of NYC. I wonder if she has posted recent photos taken in Istanbul somewhere.

http://statigr.am/memyself_sarai

Sarai appears to have a very large online community of friends on Instagram. If you click on the first photo you will see many comments from friends and others.

She belongs to a group called @_made_in_NYers. Many of them have posted photos of her for sharing and getting her information out there, particularly in Istanbul.

Here is her brother's IG account and a photo of Sarai that he has asked people to share.

http://statigr.am/p/376809509984850632_2337227

a9015546671e11e2a97322000a1fb158_7.jpg

The New York Post is a tabloid specializing in sensationalizing just about everything. If Taylan once got a ticket for jaywalking they'd call him a "criminal element" and everyone in Amsterdam is probably a drugged out whoremonger because pot and prostitution are legal in Amsterdam. The Post is one step above the National Enquirer.

The New York Post is a tabloid specializing in sensationalizing just about everything. If Taylan once got a ticket for jaywalking they'd call him a "criminal element" and everyone in Amsterdam is probably a drugged out whoremonger because pot and prostitution are legal in Amsterdam. The Post is one step above the National Enquirer.

LOL yup that's about right, necco. But you do sound a little defensive, perhaps even. . ."sketchy"? NECCO ARE YOU A CRIMINAL ELEMENT???!!!

LOL yup that's about right, necco. But you do sound a little defensive, perhaps even. . ."sketchy"? NECCO ARE YOU A CRIMINAL ELEMENT???!!!

Yes. Yes, I am. Oh, and not to make light of this woman's death, but at the rate the papers are going, how long before her death is blamed on a yeti or a failed alien abduction? Those are about the only things they haven't claimed yet in these rags.

As far as that article about the other 4 women murdered in Turkey....they were all murdered by a loved....the article says if 4 women were murdered in another country it would be new but not in Turkey....that's a big load of BS....how many women are murdered in this country EVERYDAY by a lover and it is not news here.

I wonder what the stat on domestic violence is in the US. What percentage can claim the have been assaulted by a man, I bet its not that much lower.

That article is trying to make a point but I think it fails.

Why Sarai's death is in the news and not the other women....because those cases were quickly solved....because they took place at the hands of a lover....Sarai's is in the news because it is not solved!

Here is Sarai's instagram account. She has taken some wonderful photos. This account seems to be all photos of NYC. I wonder if she has posted recent photos taken in Istanbul somewhere.

http://statigr.am/memyself_sarai

Sarai appears to have a very large online community of friends on Instagram. If you click on the first photo you will see many comments from friends and others.

She belongs to a group called @_made_in_NYers. Many of them have posted photos of her for sharing and getting her information out there, particularly in Istanbul.

Here is her brother's IG account and a photo of Sarai that he has asked people to share.

http://statigr.am/p/376809509984850632_2337227

a9015546671e11e2a97322000a1fb158_7.jpg

There are 6 photos from Istanbul on her account, and 5 from Amsterdam

Yes. Yes, I am. Oh, and not to make light of this woman's death, but at the rate the papers are going, how long before her death is blamed on a yeti or a failed alien abduction? Those are about the only things they haven't claimed yet in these rags.

They sound like the equivalent to the "SUN" Newspaper here...i'm sure they sit and make the stories up in that paper!! You most definitely couldn't take what they had to say as fact.

Amsterdam might be known for legalized pot and prostition....but it's not exactly like everyone is a "drugged out whoremonger"

Can we please stop with generalization about places people have never been too. Pretty please?

Amsterdam might be known for legalized pot and prostition....but it's not exactly like everyone is a "drugged out whoremonger"

Can we please stop with generalization about places people have never been too. Pretty please?

Respectfully, ThinkHard, two points. 1) Please reread my post. I was talking about how the Post exaggerates and sensationalizes. 2) I've been to Amsterdam, thank you.

Respectfully, ThinkHard, two points. 1) Please reread my post. I was talking about how the Post exaggerates and sensationalizes. 2) I've been to Amsterdam, thank you.

My apologies.

See, told you you were a "criminal element".

Now we have ironclad proof. Someone call the FBI!

Doh! How am I going to explain the yeti on my sofa?!?!

Seriously, though, The New York Post is a rag that strives to come up with the tackiest pun headlines it can think of for any given story. This is the same paper that bought and printed the photo of the man about to be hit by a train knowing full well the cameraman did nothing to assist the man in danger.

So at this point what are the possible theories?

Very briefly and in no particular order:

- she wondered there randomly and became the victim of a random act of street violence

- she was a drug mule and those involved murdered her

- she was the victim of some kind of scam via Internet friends, and was beaten and torture for sex or money

- Taylan led her there and somehow things escalated to violence.

- another IG er led her there and things escalated to violence.

Am I missing any? I know there are a few variations of those 4 possibilities but essentially those are the things I think we've tossed around so far. Am I right?

So at this point what are the possible theories?

Very briefly and in no particular order:

- she wondered there randomly and became the victim of a random act of street violence

- she was a drug mule and those involved murdered her

- she was the victim of some kind of scam via Internet friends, and was beaten and torture for sex or money

- Taylan led her there and somehow things escalated to violence.

- another IG er led her there and things escalated to violence.

Am I missing any? I know there are a few variations of those 4 possibilities but essentially those are the things I think we've tossed around so far. Am I right?

I think you got 'em all!

I believe there was talk at some point of her being a spy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17