Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad *advertiser censored*). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

I do not like when Mark is speaking to a would be perp who has ruined his life and stolen his son that he shows no anger or real emotion :cow:

I don't see how the sent text could have come from Dylan's phone and Elaine not know about it. It's possible that LE told her to keep it hush hush but I don't think she would be so adamant about the cell phone activity ending shortly after 8pm. Does anyone have Verizon? Can you go to your account online and see text details of any sort? I have Sprint and I can see my call details but no text details.

Until LE makes a statement saying the 9:37 text was sent from Dylan's phone I'm just not buying it.

Reposting what I said at the end of the last thread:

I believe (texting) was in the original Press Release from LPCSO.

The reporter (in tweets answering questions, posted previously here) said she double-checked and the text was SENT from the device. She then answered a second question saying that it was from Dylan's cellphone and not a different electronic device. Now I don't know if double-checking means looking at her notes again, or calling Lt. Bender, or what; so take it for whatever it's worth.

Is it possible that there was something hinky about the text recognized early on - such as it going to a phone number ER didn't know (maybe an out-of-state area code)? If so, could LE have asked Elaine not to mention the existence of that text?

ETA: Press Release was posted on the FMDR Facebook page and printed verbatim in at least one news article.

Also, here's the post where I put the tweets from the reporter regarding "sent" and "cellphone".
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8811143&highlight=blasius#post8811143

I have looked for the press release too, but could never find it...but I'm not a FB user. Can someone retrieve it please?

All i can think is if the last text was from the phone then Elaine has been told not to say anything. As it should of shown up on the bill. I also want to know why Dylan never replied to Ryan that night if he got the texts .

Thank You AZGrandma!

So, this individual is not a problem-solver (unreasonable solutions are not effective solutions) and has a tendency to deflect blame (which can easily be seen through his current words and actions).

Not having the capability to solve problems often leads to an individual feeling that he/she has no control over his/her environment or circumstances.

Not being willing to accept your own culpability in the face of difficulties often leads to misplaced anger, and, unfortunately, those closest in proximity are the most likely to be the target of that anger.

These traits are a volatile combination. Purely speculation, but there are a number of reasonable scenarios which could explain this child's disappearance @ the hands of his father on the evening in question.

If Mr. Redwine were shown to be a well-balanced individual who has the propensity toward self-reflection, then I could make a leap of faith and seriously entertain the idea of an abduction by a random perpetrator. But, in cases such as this, there are ALWAYS tells.

LE needs to get MR into the station and grill him hard. I truly don't see how this situation will be resolved any other way.

Fouund it! BBM
It does not say cell phone.

January 24.News Release: Sheriff Office Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Thursday 1-24-12

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and the Dylan Redwine Task Force is continuing its investigation into the disappearance of 13 year old Dylan Redwine. Dylan was reported missing by his father, Mark Redwine on November 19th, less than a day after arriving in La Plata County for a court ordered visitation.
LPCSO investigators from three different bureaus are following various tips that come in to the Task Force which consists of five local, state and federal law enforcement agencies . In the past few days, investigators have searched locations on snowshoes, under bridges, and other sites in three different areas in La Plata County and two other locations in Colorado.

LPCSO investigators and agents from the FBI met recently to develop strategies and review results of tests of evidence by CBI. Additional interviews are also being conducted locally and outside the area. In several cases, law enforcement agencies not connected to the Task Force have assisted in searches and interviews in Colorado and other states.

LPCSO Lt Ed Phippen, Task Force Leader said tips are promptly followed up on, regardless of reliability
including several from psychics and mediums. “We want to leave no stone unturned” he said.

An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday November 18th has been released:

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 PM Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37PM Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)
The last person identified as having seen Dylan is his father, Mark Redwine.
Mr Redwine told investigators he saw Dylan at his Vallecito home early Monday morning, November 19th.

Rewards are offered for information related to Dylan’s whereabouts through Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers
(970-247-1112), the FBI, and donations to a private fund. An updated Missing Person flyer was released a few days ago by Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers. A copy is included in this news release as a separate attachment.
Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts is asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). There is a local tip line (970-382-7511) where tips can be left on an answering machine that is regularly checked by Investigators. Persons can call Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers at 970-247-1112. Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

The reporter is the individual who is causing the confusion because she is the one who stated it was the cellphone (something along the lines of LE is only talking about Dylan's cellphone).

Anyway, her information is suspect since it is not from first-hand knowledge.

9:37 pm message is obviously important. From the timing of it, all other messages at around 8 pm could have been done before MR and DR arrived at the home. But 9:37 pm message, if Dylan send it, would be send from the home because they should have arrived at home by that time.
So, what device was used?
Who was the message send to?
What did it say?
I don't understand why LE will not release information in this case. They have been quiet so far but it didn't get them anywhere.

9:37 pm message is obviously important. From the timing of it, all other messages at around 8 pm could have been done before MR and DR arrived at the home. But 9:37 pm message, if Dylan send it, would be send from the home because they should have arrived at home by that time.
So, what device was used?
Who was the message send to?
What did it say?
I don't understand why LE will not release information in this case. They have been quiet so far but it didn't get them anywhere.

And my big question is WHY did they release this information about the 9:37 electronic device communication?

Surely they have other information such as ping details that they are not releasing. So why share this info with the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288