984 users online (108 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California

IL - She got pregnant HOW???

This is TOO weird!

Court: Man Can Sue Over Surprise Pregnancy

By CARLA K. JOHNSON
    CHICAGO (AP) - A man who says his former lover deceived him by getting pregnant using semen obtained through oral sex can sue for emotional distress - but not theft, an appeals court has ruled.

Dr. Richard O. Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a ``calculated, profound personal betrayal'' six years ago, but she says they had the baby through sexual intercourse.

The Illinois Appeals Court said Wednesday that Phillips can press a claim for emotional distress after learning Irons had used his sperm to have a baby, but agreed that however the baby was conceived, Irons didn't steal the sperm.

``She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift,'' the decision said. ``There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request.''

Read the rest:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...67.htm&sc=1110

Believe it or not, I have heard of similar cases like this. One gal retreived his "gift" out of a used condom! I think she sued for child support and won. Where do these people come from and what are they thinking?

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California
    According to the article, she practices 'Internal Medicine'...I guess we can now give that speciality a new definition.
    Sooo...let's see...
    "Oral Incubation'?
    'Reproduction Via Saliva And A Turkey Baster'?
    My God, both of these people are DOCTORS!
    I guess when we tell teenagers that oral sex can lead to pregnancy...We're not kidding.
    When this child hits his teens I wonder what he'll be told about his conception?

Well, this guy is a doctor, so I'd like to know why he was having sex (of any kind) without protection. If you don't want to be a parent then use a condom.

``She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift,'' the decision said. ``There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request.''

Romantic stuff isn't it? Sure puts me in the mood!

Sudzi