1300 users online (256 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 Yr Old Girl Killed By Dad's Best Friend

OMG! Now I have heard everything! A 3 year old girl was killed by her father's best friend while he was babysitting her. The father said he can't stay mad at the killer because they are good friends.

This happened in a trailer behind the grandparent's house. Where the he** were the grandparents? Why couldn't they keep the girl?

That poor baby!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...lummer-ON.html

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    OMG! Now I have heard everything! A 3 year old girl was killed by her father's best friend while he was babysitting her. The father said he can't stay mad at the killer because they are good friends.
    If he is NOT mad and ready to kill his friend he is not a FATHER--he needs to be charged for leaving his little girl with a drug addict from Mond. to Tues.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 08-26-2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: broken quote

CPS involved for five years with family of girl who was beaten to death

Senta Scarborough
    The Arizona Republic
    Feb. 11, 2005 08:12 PM

MESA - Child Protective Serviceshas launched an internal review of its five-year involvement with the family of a 3-year-old girl who was beaten, stabbed and found dead this week.

The agency announced the review late Friday after the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office released reports detailing several cases where CPS was notified by a school nurse of possible child abuse in the home.

...CPS investigated the family of Angeline Plummer eight times from 2000 to 2004, most involving suspected physical abuse of her older brother and sister. All of the incidents were found to be unsubstantiated, according to CPS. The agency had its last contact with the family in April 2004.

Angeline was the subject of abuse in a CPS case investigated in January 2002, the month she was born. The girl's grandmother has said the girl was born with marijuana in her system, but it was unclear whether that was the reason for the investigation.

Full story

Channel 15

Sheriff Arpaio calls the killing one of the most horrific murders his detectives have investigated.

Langin is being held without bond.

Photo of suspect

East Valley Tribune

Deputies have been called to the Plummer home 28 times through the years, including four times about possible child abuse, officials said. None of the calls involved the victim. The state’s Child Protective Services also has investigated the family numerous times, but could not comment.

Langin is being held without bail in the county’s Madison Street in Jail in Phoenix.

Detectives continue to investigate the girl’s death and charges could be filed against others, Arpaio said.

East Valley Tribune

"If this person is convicted, he deserves the death penalty," Arpaio said. "This was a horrific death of a 3-year-old who didn’t have a chance in this life."

...The girl’s siblings, ages 5 and 8, and a 3-year-old cousin, were in CPS custody Wednesday night.

Rest in peace, sweet little Angeline.

Prayers for swift justice, Lanie

RIP Angeline. It just gets worse and worse. Imagine how many thousands upon thousands of child abuse cases as horrific as we've been reading that we DON'T know about, or haven't been discovered, yet! Let's pray all are discovered before it is too late, like it was for this girl.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

OMG That poor baby. Where was the so called father for 24 hours? And where was the mother? Why did the aunt and grandparents allow the girl to be left with that man?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Meech is offline "I'm tough,ambitious,and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B*#@%, Okay"
    OMG this story just breaks my heart....My God what is the world comimg too..
    Angeline is GODS child now..

i don't even know what to say. . .

Poor little girl.... There will be no more suffering for her.

According to these articles, police were called 24 times IN ADDITION to the 4 times regarding the children. It sounds like a very troubled household with a lot of troubled people. Based on the children's accounts, both Mom and Dad were reported as having hit or hurt them. yikes, it's hard to know who and how many were mistreating these kids.

AZ - Angelene Plummer, 3, beaten to death, Mesa, 8 Feb 2005

The white and gold casket holding the burned and beaten body of 3-year old Angelene Plummer was closed at her memorial service on Tuesday, two weeks after deputies say her baby-sitter killed her.

Inside, the chubby-cheeked, curly-haired girl called Angel was dressed in a floral top with a pink jumper, gifts from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office investigators and crime lab units.

She wore a silver necklace with a St. Jude's medallion, the patron saint of lost causes, donated by a Rural/Metro captain paramedic who responded the night of her death. In her arms, she held a stuffed Clarence the Dog and a teddy bear, also gifts from strangers. advertisement

Even the flowers on her tiny casket were carefully selected to match a little girl's preferences: pink roses, daisies and baby's breath.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ldfuneral.html

I think there is a thread for this one, but I was unable to find it
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

How very sad. She was a beautiful girl. May she R.I.P

I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took place, actually this case made me want to start searching for more information, then along w/ the Jessica Lundsford abduction/death -- I found this site.

I can't even imagine what that poor innocent angel went through during the last hours of her life. She was literally tortured. Absolutely outraged by the pure evil of the animal that did this, and the lack of caring from this childs family.... but also w/ the Child Protective Services in the state of Arizona -- Our Governor,Janet Napolitano, recieved 35.5 million though a special legislature session to reform the system here -- and a year later -- nothing has been done. The day of Angelene's funeral (which was mostly donated by the police/emt/firemen that spent the last hours w/ her), the governor when asked if CPS/the State failed her -- she responded that "we all failed her as a community".

What does it take to remove this children from these evil people? I guess death.....

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.... I know that I hold my children a little tighter tonight --.

BTW -- I haven't heard any updates to what has happened to either langin or the father in this case, sadly enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Nchadwickaz
    I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took place, actually this case made me want to start searching for more information, then along w/ the Jessica Lundsford abduction/death -- I found this site.

Welcome to the boards Nchadwickaz . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nchadwickaz
    I am new to this website -- I live in Arizona where this case took
    snip....................
    BTW -- I haven't heard any updates to what has happened to either langin or the father in this case, sadly enough....

Welcome to Websleuths Nchadwickaz...
    This is a sad, sad case........it's just horrible to see what we do to each other........and a poor defenseless child. Unspeakable.

JMHO
    fran

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=38430

March 23, 2005
    Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for a 30-year-old East Valley man accused of beating a 3-year-old girl to death last month, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas announced Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast