693 users online (80 members and 613 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UT - Uta Von Schwedler, 49, Salt Lake City, 27 Sept 2011

Mom found dead, judge just gave Dad custody of the two youngest although oldest think he killed her.

"A long list of circumstantial evidence was collected, according to lawsuit, including cuts and bruises that appeared to be defensive wounds, blood found in the woman's bedroom, on the edge of a sink and a windowsill in the bathroom, as well as part of a bloody shoe print leading away from the bedroom. When von Schwedler's body was found, she was barefoot, according to court documents.

The Wall children, who were staying with their father the night before their mother's body was discovered, also contend when they got up during the early morning hours of Sept. 27, 2011, neither their dad nor his car were there, according to court records.

When they saw him again later that day, he went to get his car detailed at 8:30 a.m. and told the attendant to "pay particular attention to the pink colored stain on/in the back seat," court records state."

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/23389795

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Jht61VCG
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Bless those poor kids. How devastating.

A beautiful memorial page to Doctor Von Schwedler. Photos of her and her siblings as kids amongst the other photos.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Uta-vo...19993061394704

When I read the article it reminded me of the Powell case. There isn't much information out there, but what evidence, etc that has been reported makes me concerned for the children. Jmo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

This article goes back to five months after Uta's death.

Xanax in her system although she did not take Xanax, cut, and four photo albums for one of each of her beloved children. The albums were a bone of contention in the custody case.

http://www.sltrib.com/home3/53515252...amson.html.csp

These children have been through complete hell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wing-bath.html

Pediatrician ordered to trial for the murder of his brilliant AIDS researcher ex-wife whose body was found in overflowing bath
    Dr John Brickman Wall, 49, has been ordered to stand trial for the murder of his ex-wife in 2011
    Uta von Schwedler, 49, was found dead in a bathtub in 2011
    An autopsy revealed she died of drowning and a Xanax overdose
    A medical examiner determined her death was not accidental
    Wall will plead not guilty at the trail beginning October 21
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER and ASSOCIATED PRESS
    PUBLISHED: 18:04 EST, 3 October 2013 | UPDATED: 18:04 EST, 3 October 2013

"compassionate healers" in the news---Doctors & Death!

WOW, so here's another case of possible assisted death by a physician----and again it's the WIFE or EX-WIFE as the decedent!

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/sl...lty-to-murder/

"The 49-year-old John Brickman Wall entered his plea Monday morning in a state court in Salt Lake City." UTAH, again!

"A medical examiner ruled she died from drowning as well as a fatal amount of Xanax but couldn’t determine if it was a homicide or suicide." SUSPICIOUS circumstances, again!

" Pelle Wall, the couple’s oldest son who believes his father is guilty, sat in the front row Monday." OFFSPRING not SUPPORTING DAD, again!

Body discovery site: bathroom tub. BATHTUB, again!

Additional medications "on board". PRESCRIPTION MEDS, again!

"Copy-Catitis" must be the disease du jour in the Utah medical community! (tongue in cheek comment, folks!)
    Last edited by joypath; 10-21-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

I'm posting for the first time here.

This guy was my kids' pediatrician. I was absolutely floored when I first heard that he might be suspected in his ex-wife's murder. He was wonderful with my children! The dissonance between that person and the one who likely killed a woman is just unnerving.

My daughter had a well-child exam just after von Schwedler was killed; I noticed he had a deep red mark on one eye (but I hadn't heard a thing about the death). The medication I use for my insomnia also came up in conversation once (I think I was worrying that my child might have the same problems I do), and he seemed strangely and adamantly against any kind of use of it. I wonder if that's related to his claims that he doesn't know what he does when he's asleep when he's asleep, since one of the known side effects is bizarre nighttime behavior. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by this case, and have read all of the articles about it that I can find, which are surprisingly few.

Bumping up

Well, this sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Salt Lake City, Utah doctor, Johnny Wall
    Accused of killing his ex-wife, Uta Von Schwedler.
    She drowned in bathtub
    Overdosed on Xanax

Wall will be back in court Feb 3 for status conference to set trial date.

Stay tuned!
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

This will be a fascinating trial. Wall claims he will not accept a plea deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This will be a fascinating trial. Wall claims he will not accept a plea deal.
    Agree! I see in one of the older articles linked that her husband had primary custody of all of their children and they were all old enough to have had their own input. Yet one of the sons (at least) is saying he thinks his father did it. Wonder how the Dad got primary custody of all of them. Very unusual, imo.

Wall's exwife, Uta Von Schwedler, had some prestigious credentials.

http://www.biochem.utah.edu/uta/

Quote Originally Posted by Wallydraigle View Post
    I'm posting for the first time here.

This guy was my kids' pediatrician. I was absolutely floored when I first heard that he might be suspected in his ex-wife's murder. He was wonderful with my children! The dissonance between that person and the one who likely killed a woman is just unnerving.

My daughter had a well-child exam just after von Schwedler was killed; I noticed he had a deep red mark on one eye (but I hadn't heard a thing about the death). The medication I use for my insomnia also came up in conversation once (I think I was worrying that my child might have the same problems I do), and he seemed strangely and adamantly against any kind of use of it. I wonder if that's related to his claims that he doesn't know what he does when he's asleep when he's asleep, since one of the known side effects is bizarre nighttime behavior. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by this case, and have read all of the articles about it that I can find, which are surprisingly few.
    bbm

to

Websleuths

Wallydraigle!!

We're glad you're here with us!

It's great to have you be a part of Websleuths and on this particular forum. Your acquaintance with the Doctor is very special. Thanks for telling us about it.

Hang with us & we'll see what we'll see...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Agree! I see in one of the older articles linked that her husband had primary custody of all of their children and they were all old enough to have had their own input. Yet one of the sons (at least) is saying he thinks his father did it. Wonder how the Dad got primary custody of all of them. Very unusual, imo.

bbm

Did she travel a lot in her job? I wouldn't think that being a college professor would require a lot of travel, so just a wild guess... Or was she in a different job when they divorced?

Seems to me, a peds doc would be the one "on call" and such, and that would put him in a position of having to leave home at odd hours if he were on call. Just another guess...

Yes, Karmady, it seems unusual to me, too...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Looks like status hearing is still on for Feb. 3.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast