GUILTY UT - Uta Von Schwedler, 49, Salt Lake City, 27 Sept 2011

Yoda

Master
Reaction score
Mom found dead, judge just gave Dad custody of the two youngest although oldest think he killed her.

"A long list of circumstantial evidence was collected, according to lawsuit, including cuts and bruises that appeared to be defensive wounds, blood found in the woman's bedroom, on the edge of a sink and a windowsill in the bathroom, as well as part of a bloody shoe print leading away from the bedroom. When von Schwedler's body was found, she was barefoot, according to court documents.

The Wall children, who were staying with their father the night before their mother's body was discovered, also contend when they got up during the early morning hours of Sept. 27, 2011, neither their dad nor his car were there, according to court records.

When they saw him again later that day, he went to get his car detailed at 8:30 a.m. and told the attendant to "pay particular attention to the pink colored stain on/in the back seat," court records state."

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/23389795

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-killing-mother-oldest-son.html#axzz2Jht61VCG

When I read the article it reminded me of the Powell case. There isn't much information out there, but what evidence, etc that has been reported makes me concerned for the children. Jmo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...researcher-ex-wife-body-overflowing-bath.html

Pediatrician ordered to trial for the murder of his brilliant AIDS researcher ex-wife whose body was found in overflowing bath
Dr John Brickman Wall, 49, has been ordered to stand trial for the murder of his ex-wife in 2011
Uta von Schwedler, 49, was found dead in a bathtub in 2011
An autopsy revealed she died of drowning and a Xanax overdose
A medical examiner determined her death was not accidental
Wall will plead not guilty at the trail beginning October 21
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER and ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 18:04 EST, 3 October 2013 | UPDATED: 18:04 EST, 3 October 2013

WOW, so here's another case of possible assisted death by a physician----and again it's the WIFE or EX-WIFE as the decedent! :please:

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/slc-pediatrician-john-brickman-wall-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder/

"The 49-year-old John Brickman Wall entered his plea Monday morning in a state court in Salt Lake City." UTAH, again!

"A medical examiner ruled she died from drowning as well as a fatal amount of Xanax but couldn’t determine if it was a homicide or suicide." SUSPICIOUS circumstances, again!

" Pelle Wall, the couple’s oldest son who believes his father is guilty, sat in the front row Monday." OFFSPRING not SUPPORTING DAD, again!

Body discovery site: bathroom tub. BATHTUB, again!

Additional medications "on board". PRESCRIPTION MEDS, again!

"Copy-Catitis" must be the disease du jour in the Utah medical community! (tongue in cheek comment, folks!) :scared:

I'm posting for the first time here.

This guy was my kids' pediatrician. I was absolutely floored when I first heard that he might be suspected in his ex-wife's murder. He was wonderful with my children! The dissonance between that person and the one who likely killed a woman is just unnerving.

My daughter had a well-child exam just after von Schwedler was killed; I noticed he had a deep red mark on one eye (but I hadn't heard a thing about the death). The medication I use for my insomnia also came up in conversation once (I think I was worrying that my child might have the same problems I do), and he seemed strangely and adamantly against any kind of use of it. I wonder if that's related to his claims that he doesn't know what he does when he's asleep when he's asleep, since one of the known side effects is bizarre nighttime behavior. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by this case, and have read all of the articles about it that I can find, which are surprisingly few.

Well, this sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Salt Lake City, Utah doctor, Johnny Wall
Accused of killing his ex-wife, Uta Von Schwedler.
She drowned in bathtub
Overdosed on Xanax

Wall will be back in court Feb 3 for status conference to set trial date.

Stay tuned!

This will be a fascinating trial. Wall claims he will not accept a plea deal.

This will be a fascinating trial. Wall claims he will not accept a plea deal.

Agree! I see in one of the older articles linked that her husband had primary custody of all of their children and they were all old enough to have had their own input. Yet one of the sons (at least) is saying he thinks his father did it. Wonder how the Dad got primary custody of all of them. Very unusual, imo.

I'm posting for the first time here.

This guy was my kids' pediatrician. I was absolutely floored when I first heard that he might be suspected in his ex-wife's murder. He was wonderful with my children! The dissonance between that person and the one who likely killed a woman is just unnerving.

My daughter had a well-child exam just after von Schwedler was killed; I noticed he had a deep red mark on one eye (but I hadn't heard a thing about the death). The medication I use for my insomnia also came up in conversation once (I think I was worrying that my child might have the same problems I do), and he seemed strangely and adamantly against any kind of use of it. I wonder if that's related to his claims that he doesn't know what he does when he's asleep when he's asleep, since one of the known side effects is bizarre nighttime behavior. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by this case, and have read all of the articles about it that I can find, which are surprisingly few.

bbm
:Welcome1:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

Wallydraigle!!:drumroll:

We're glad you're here with us!

:rollercoaster:

:clap:

It's great to have you be a part of Websleuths and on this particular forum. Your acquaintance with the Doctor is very special. Thanks for telling us about it.

Hang with us & we'll see what we'll see...

Agree! I see in one of the older articles linked that her husband had primary custody of all of their children and they were all old enough to have had their own input. Yet one of the sons (at least) is saying he thinks his father did it. Wonder how the Dad got primary custody of all of them. Very unusual, imo.

bbm

Did she travel a lot in her job? I wouldn't think that being a college professor would require a lot of travel, so just a wild guess... Or was she in a different job when they divorced?

Seems to me, a peds doc would be the one "on call" and such, and that would put him in a position of having to leave home at odd hours if he were on call. Just another guess...

Yes, Karmady, it seems unusual to me, too...
icon5.gif

Looks like status hearing is still on for Feb. 3.

SALT LAKE CITY -- A pediatrician awaiting trial on a murder charge in the death of his ex-wife must wait to learn if a Utah judge will throw out a key interview he gave to police that his attorney said involved overly aggressive interrogation tactics.

Several people testified Monday in a Salt Lake City courtroom, but time ran out before the court heard from the detectives who interrogated John Brickman Wall. They were scheduled to testify on April 14 when the hearing continues.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2014/03/24/lawyer-utah-pediatrician-wants-police-interview-tossed

This case is being featured on CBS 48 Hours, on Saturday April 12th, 2014.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back